How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2009, 04:12 PM

Re: TPS questions

Finally got a chance to get under the hood and check out my TPS. Had a bit of trouble reading the multimeter at first (my dad has an older analog one), but once I finally got that straightened out I was able to adjust it. I did make a reference mark before I moved it, and it definitely was out of whack a bit. Now that it's adjusted, my rough 1st to 2nd shift is almost completely remedied, and overall the car seems to shift much better all throughout the map. Haven't driven it enough to see if the AWD is responding better, but once it snows again here I should get that chance. (IF it snows that is... Its been sitting in the mid to upper 60's for over a week now, with an occasional spitting of flakes here and there. They're calling for mid 70's this weekend. Gotta love Colorado. Where we fish in January and ski in July )
Old 02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeJaye View Post
Finally got a chance to get under the hood and check out my TPS. Had a bit of trouble reading the multimeter at first (my dad has an older analog one), but once I finally got that straightened out I was able to adjust it. I did make a reference mark before I moved it, and it definitely was out of whack a bit. Now that it's adjusted, my rough 1st to 2nd shift is almost completely remedied, and overall the car seems to shift much better all throughout the map. Haven't driven it enough to see if the AWD is responding better, but once it snows again here I should get that chance. (IF it snows that is... Its been sitting in the mid to upper 60's for over a week now, with an occasional spitting of flakes here and there. They're calling for mid 70's this weekend. Gotta love Colorado. Where we fish in January and ski in July )
I distinctly remember having green christmases and white st patricks days in black forest..... the thing I miss most was the almost daily thunderstorm coming from pikes peak..... you could almost set your watch to it.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:53 PM

Can't say much for the thunderstorms in the Springs, though I do remember seeing some pretty huge storms on the radar between there and Pueblo. The last couple years have been pretty lean thunderstorm-wise in the Denver metro area. I'm a weather nut and have had to drive quite a distance to see any good storms. I did see the storm that spawned the Windsor tornado last year, but it was just in its beginning phases and only starting to look mean.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX

What's the part number for the TPS?

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...