Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-19-2009, 04:55 PM

car running poorly

I have a 1992 SVX and just went through a major problem after the car overheated from a broken water line, which has been fixed. Now I'm having a problem with the car running very poorly at idle, which it doesn't even idle at the normal RPM as it did before the water line problem. Before all the problems started it would idle at 1500 rpm, but now it seems to jump between 1000 and 1500 rpm. We checked the codes right after it had over heated but before we fixed the problem and it was telling us that there was something wrong with the crankshaft angle sensor and the camshaft angle sensor (can't remember which camshaft sesnor though). After the whole overheating issue started the car wasn't able to start, it would turn over just not start. We are going to check the codes again but at this point I couldn't tell you what they are.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:08 PM

Re: car running poorly

Alright we went ahead and checked the codes again to see what they said, and this time it was giving us a code 55, and 37. Now we have a code list which we aren't sure if its right or not and it says the code 55 is EGR temp sensor, and code 37 is O2 sensor #2. I'm not sure why either these would make it idle bad. PLEASE HELP!

P.S. I'm not sure if I said it in my previous post, but the car will run perfectly fine when you keep it above 2000 rpms.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Sconnie

Send a message via MSN to paulmeisterpk

If you have a bad O2 sensor, that could make the car idle erratically, and I have a messed up EGR on my '85 Corvette, and it makes it idle like crap. I've removed and cleaned out the EGR on my old S10 before for a temporary fix. So those two codes do sound like they could be affecting the idle quality. Usually if the crank angle sensor is messed up, the car wont run for long before it stalls (if at all). Just some thoughts till someone else like Tom or Harvey chime in.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:54 PM

I'm looking for a map of where all of the sensors are, I have chilton's repair book but it doesn't really talk about the 3.3L that much, so i was just wondering if anyone could direct me where to go to find this.