How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 04:32 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
And both the tribeca and STi (05+) will fit. just make sure of tire fitment if you go with the tribeca rims. The tires should 255/35/18 on the tribeca's
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 06-06-2007, 05:32 AM
206,000 miles on 1 air filter

Send a message via AIM to nonSTOP_service
lol, it just came to my attention that I have a set of nissan steelies that will fit right on this here SVX.

Hello winter tires!

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Scratched Silver Metallic
213,000mi

"Hey what's that green power light mean?"
"It means we're beating that Porsche."
"What Porsche?"
"Look behind us."
"....Nice..."
- actual conversation
Old 06-07-2007, 10:41 PM
A.L.I.C.E.

Send a message via AIM to techy101 Send a message via Yahoo to techy101
I found the coolant leak. It was coming from the water pump. The thing was shot, and I spent the day today replacing it. My first time attempting anything of the sort, so it took quite a while, but the new one is in, and I'm just waiting to get my hands on a vice so that I can compress the piston that tensions the timing belt, and put it back in.

The A/C compressor was also shot, I would like A/C, but it's not a huge deal. I'm not willing to spend the kinda money needed though just to add/keep weight on the car. So the A/C system is almost done being ripped out now.

I'm waiting on some parts to finish putting everything back together. Needed to replace a few hoses, and the rubber seals that go on the center section of the timing belt cover. I'm going to be out of town for a week, so I can't finish this up until I get back

I'm going to do a big engine engine-bay cleaning while I have everything apart, so hopefully it'll start looking a bit better.

I've also replaced the air and fuel filters, going to change the oil/filter this weekend. The ATF filter look extremely old, and I want to replace it, but the dealer doesn't know squat about it since it was apparantly an aftermarket add-on option.

I've also got to figure out what's leaking on one of the brakes. Brake fluid is coming out at the rear passenger side wheel area, so that needs attending to. The previous owner had done some brake work, so first thing is to make sure that everything was put together properly.

The rear dif has a leaking side seal on the passenger side. I got a new seal, just need to crack it open and replace it. This isn't really a big deal, since I had intended to replace the gear oil anyways.

I've got almost all of the electrical gremlins worked out. I've got an airbag light on with a code 11 being reported. I'm planning on removing the air bag system anways, so again this isn't a big deal. The only real electrical thing is the common auto-belt problem on the drivers side. I've made some good headway on it, and think it'll be all done in another day or so of work. Besides that, gotten all lights working, replaced the stereo, installed one of two new speakers in the doors, sitll got the other one to go. I also need to replace the transmission resistor that's behind the battery, which will just take a few minutes.

I think that's everything for the update. My goal is to have this car up and running for some fun daily driving within the next month. It shouldn't be to hard to do that since it's already driving fine.

Also done a lot of interior cleaning. The thing is cleaning up rather nicely. The seats will eventually be going though, in favor of some street style corbeau's.

EDIT: Oh, also replaced the power antenna. It was broken off, and the previous owner had purchased a new antenna, but never installed it. That was a royal PITA. And I cleaned/de-yellowed my headlights. Took a fair amount of wet sanding, but they look beautiful now

Last edited by techy101; 06-08-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
WOW! You've been pretty busy tieing up loose ends and whatnot. I wish you well on the rest of your project
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten