Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-15-2006, 07:05 AM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix
I'd be more concerned about this one on ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subar...QQcmdZViewItem
which claims to be a 94 owned by someone who thinks being a "stunt man" carries some sort of validity... he has all tranny swaps beat by the way, check out his mod.
HAHAHA, he must be a member on here! He "revised" his listing.
Now he claims it is all original??? What a dip. At least he dropped all that stupid stunt driver crud! Who ever he is, the guy he claimed he was didn't work in canada, his resume online said like 90% of his work was in japan?

Ebay can be great, but then...

-edit-
That other one (the one this thread is about) really does look nice. I bet it is going to need all the general maint, including a tranny swap and seals. But it seems like a solid car in really good shape. Great shell for your engine and tranny. I hope a member on here picks it up.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 04-15-2006 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true
Well, In a strange twist of fate I ended up being the person to deliver this car to it's new owner. It's turns out the first person to win it was a deadbeat, and the second person who won it is the same person who won my old tranny a few months ago and recently my stock rotors on ebay So he called me and asked me to go to ashland,Ky. and bring it to him in buffalo,ny.. Needless to say in my current financial situation I took the deal. The SVX was in overall good condition. The body was nice and the interior was excellent with original SVX floor mats and all. BUT...... The front struts were completely shot, the brakes had the identical leak at the abs controller as my car causing the rear brakes to hardly work(Plus they were shot anyway), All the window switches were shot as was the fuse under the hood for the windows,roof,seatbelts and so on, And the tranny only had 3rd gear.
It was a rough, long ride but we made it in one piece with no problems(except getting started from a stop) I've never heard a tranny make the noises this one made through the dipstick tube. It was a strange and loud kind of gurgling. And the fluid was burnt to a crisp and smoking out of the dipstick tube. It was a fun ride though overall, I just had to remember to not park somewhere I had to back out of(How embarassing the time I forgot)
Old 05-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
All the window switches were shot
Quote:
as was the fuse under the hood for the windows,roof,seatbelts and so on

Well, I'm glad it went to someone who will appretiate it... wish it wasn't driven all that way though poor old eg33

Aside from the small electrical "problem" sounds just as I figured.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Old 05-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix

Well, I'm glad it went to someone who will appretiate it... wish it wasn't driven all that way though poor old eg33

Aside from the small electrical "problem" sounds just as I figured.
Actually, The old EG33 did very well and ran great. I never had it over 4K RPM and was steady cruising at about 3750 RPM. There is a fuse in the fuse box under the hood that is for the seatbelts,power seat,windows,sunroof. I think everything else worked though except the A/C. It was one of those special green fuses under the hood so I swapped it with the one next to it long enough to open the sunroof and windows for the drive there. All the window switches were broken, But if you wiggled them around they would work.

Last edited by Budfreak; 05-21-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
All the window switches were broken, But if you wiggled them around they would work.
I was confused as to how you knew they were dead but I guess we just have different ideas of it. My driver door driver switch was broken and jammed when I got it. After I pulled it out and broke of the piece that clips it, I found I could just press gently and rock them back... fine as is I think people just take their aggravation out on them and that is what does em in.

While parked at an angle on a hill (driver side elevated) the door closed with some force and the rocker popped out and I had to fish it out from between the seat and console. But it was just that once, so every time I think of replacing it, I have to remind myself it would be a waste to replace a working item.

Glad to hear you made it without incident too!

Old 05-24-2006, 12:15 PM
hophead

93?

Hey Budfreak, it may be a 93. If I remember, they did not sell all the 92's and took the left overs and made them 93's.

I'll send you pics of your old spoiler on my 92 in a few weeks. Waiting for the paint to dry to add a few clear coats.
hophead
Old 05-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hophead
Hey Budfreak, it may be a 93. If I remember, they did not sell all the 92's and took the left overs and made them 93's.

I'll send you pics of your old spoiler on my 92 in a few weeks. Waiting for the paint to dry to add a few clear coats.
hophead
We came to the conclusion it is in fact a 92. ALL 93's are barcelona red. I can't wait to see my old spoiler back in action. I'll be looking forward to pics.