Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Supercharged Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 11:15 AM
ArchangelSamael

Question Supercharger?

Hey everyone, recently i've been driving around with my buddy who owns a supercharged Ford f-150 Harley Davidson truck, and that supercharger sounds freakin' MEAN! so mean, it makes me want one on my SVX.

I've been searching around the forums a little bit, and actually did find a post about someone putting a supercharger on the SVX engine in the back of a dragster or dunebuggy, and someone had said it would work in the SVX, would just have to cut into the hood just a little bit to make it fit

So, my questions are: Any ideas on how much it would cost to have this done to an SVX, would it be worth the effort, and how bad would the hood have to be trimmed?

Thanks guys.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tony117s Send a message via MSN to Tony117s
www.ecutune.com look under svx stage 3
'00 Green Forester S 78k
Old 08-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Look at the 2 stickies at the top of this forum (mod mania)
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
and SVXFiles has a s/c (different than LAN's) already running on his SVX....
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 08-29-2005, 12:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
The ECUTune supercharger will fit under the stock hood, and is the same basic style S/C that ford uses on it's trucks. Not to mention all the other stuff you get with it. The kit sounds exspensive, until you start adding up all the stuff you get. If you try to do your own, you'll end up spending as much, if not more.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
The ECUTune supercharger will fit under the stock hood, and is the same basic style S/C that ford uses on it's trucks. Not to mention all the other stuff you get with it. The kit sounds exspensive, until you start adding up all the stuff you get. If you try to do your own, you'll end up spending as much, if not more.
No question that Michael is putting together a very comprehensive, all-in-one package!
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 08-30-2005, 12:50 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Actually, Mike, mine fits under the stock hood, and can be duplicated for about $3500.00.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 08-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles
Actually, Mike, mine fits under the stock hood, and can be duplicated for about $3500.00.

svxfiles vs LAN????
Old 08-30-2005, 06:46 PM
no limitation as limitation

i wouldnt say vs.

just two diferent views of the same street.

i like lan's kit because it is a kit but the ability to produce more hp beond is limited. if you look at svxfile's kit you can add an intercooler to it which is a big plus. more so, if i decided to get one we would get some high quality svx bonding time because their is no doubt he would help me install it.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Sorry, I didnt mean to insinuate yours didnt fit. Does the $3500 include fuel system up-grades too? (i.e. injectors) I understand the adding boost on the stock injectors puts them at there max. I thought that was the biggest problem with the old turbo kit that was for sale.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Sorry, I didnt mean to insinuate yours didnt fit. Does the $3500 include fuel system up-grades too? (i.e. injectors) I understand the adding boost on the stock injectors puts them at there max. I thought that was the biggest problem with the old turbo kit that was for sale.
Mike,
Having had the stock injectors flow tested up to 60psi of fuel pressure, I don't believe there is any issue with them being able to support boost up to around 5-9 psi, as long as you install an adjustable FPR in the system (a walbro 255 fuel pump would also be a good idea). This said, I think you'd definitely want to run Michael's 2v4 chip with the z32 MAF to make sure you got the most out of the system.
-Bill

My Locker
Old 09-01-2005, 09:07 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
The complete setup for a 7.5 psi, system, including fuel management, can be had for $3500.00.

I found out during the course of this project, started November 2003, that some of the "old wisdom", was flat wrong!
I wanted to make a system that people could duplicate, at a price they could afford.
We have ALL learned alot since then!
I can not afford LAN's beautiful, well engineered, supercharger.
I did not keep track of my expences on my project, which is probably a good thing, seeing as I have $11.44 in the bank
I have been through three superchargers, two impellers, three or four different s/c mounting systems, three different pulleys, and I'm probably going to carve out a new 8" overdrive/4.25" underdrive pulley just to see how much boost that will do.
I started this project because people said it could not be done.
I have 4000 more miles on my Claret now, than when I took it to Reading this past year, and It was installed, but not worked out yet, at Reading the year before!
By tomorrow I will have a 6.5"X25"X2.5" innercooler(aftercooler) installed and connected.
If anyone is interested, feel free to look in my locker.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 09-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
The complete setup for a 7.5 psi, system, including fuel management, can be had for $3500.00.

I found out during the course of this project, started November 2003, that some of the "old wisdom", was flat wrong!
I wanted to make a system that people could duplicate, at a price they could afford.
We have ALL learned alot since then!
I can not afford LAN's beautiful, well engineered, supercharger.
I did not keep track of my expences on my project, which is probably a good thing, seeing as I have $11.44 in the bank
I have been through three superchargers, two impellers, three or four different s/c mounting systems, three different pulleys, and I'm probably going to carve out a new 8" overdrive/4.25" underdrive pulley just to see how much boost that will do.
I started this project because people said it could not be done.
I have 4000 more miles on my Claret now, than when I took it to Reading this past year, and It was installed, but not worked out yet, at Reading the year before!
By tomorrow I will have a freekin' awesome 6.5"X25"X2.5" innercooler(aftercooler) installed and connected.
If anyone is interested, feel free to look in my locker - make sure to have tissues ready, as you will cry.
Tom,
Fixed your post...
-Bill

My Locker
Old 09-01-2005, 06:17 PM
no limitation as limitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Tom,
Fixed your post...
-Bill

hahahahaha god bless you bill