Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-29-2001, 11:02 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent
Anyone know what that mess is on the bottom of the hood?
Yellow--The cover there is grey looks like the outer layer has been torn away somehow. (Front end collision??--but the title/car fax is clean..so who knows..

Dark stain in center:--Oil or power steering fluid (actually ATF).Its most likely from the power steering
Old 10-29-2001, 11:15 AM
joeaux

Very nice looking car. Check it out well before you buy. I especially like the white painted wheels. However the owner has one of the normal problems that follows many unknowing SVX owners have. The rear wheels are on the wrong sides...
-joe-
Old 10-29-2001, 11:19 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by EveryShadeofBlue
Shopping around for insurance can be eye-opening. My insurance (Liberty Mutual) does not consider the SVX as a "sporty" car. It's a luxury coupe. I paid more to insure my 1985 Toyota Celica GTS than my SVX, and I didn't even have collision on the Celica!

I don't think insurance companies care about how "fast" the car is. They are more interested in words like "Turbo" and "Luxury" and so forth. That's when they nail you, especially if you're an unmarried male under 21 or 25. I live in a high-rate insurance area (Tampa) and my insurance is $1,200 a year since I turned 25. Not bad for this area. I'm almost tempted to fill out one of those Geico quotes now to see what would cost more...a 1992 SVX or a 1994 Legacy Turbo with equal coverage. Maybe we should take bets!

Jeff
I use Liberty Mutual as well.

-Mike
--
'95 L AWD
Old 10-29-2001, 12:50 PM
sith

I think my insurance jumped by about $10/mo going from the 93 legacy to the 92 svx, though as a male under 25, it is certaintly not cheap... at least I'm alowed to keep it insured in wisconsin, rather than minneapolis... ugh... perhaps I should wait to graduate until i'm over 25 to save on insurance... hmm...
Old 10-29-2001, 01:49 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by sith
I think my insurance jumped by about $10/mo going from the 93 legacy to the 92 svx, though as a male under 25, it is certaintly not cheap... at least I'm alowed to keep it insured in wisconsin, rather than minneapolis... ugh... perhaps I should wait to graduate until i'm over 25 to save on insurance... hmm...
My insureance went up 20 bucks a month from my Suzuki Sidekick, and I only had liability on the Suzuki. I put full coverage on the SVX.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-29-2001, 02:27 PM
Vincent

I think I'd much rather have a Legacy right now, than an SVX. Even though it would be sweet to drive to school one day in a nice Subaru SVX. And all the kids would be staring at it, mouths gaping. Then all the hot chicks would come to me wanting rides, asking me, "what is that? A Ferrari?"

Anyway, time to take my head out of the clouds. Only problem is, finding an early '90s Legacy won't be too easy. They're kind of a rare jewel, aren't they?
Old 10-29-2001, 02:34 PM
Lowered SVX

i have got you all beat.

we pay $1200 every six months for our GTI and SVX. we are both over 25 too!
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 10-29-2001, 03:07 PM
sith

Re: i have got you all beat.

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
we pay $1200 every six months for our GTI and SVX. we are both over 25 too!
I got a quote for a Mitubishi 3000gt VR4 once ... $2500 for 6 months. Insanity.

Quote:
Then all the hot chicks would come to me wanting rides, asking me, "what is that? A Ferrari?"
Hmm... that hasn't been my experience... but it could have something to do with the "sitting at the computer all day instead of trying to pick up girls" thing.... though I think every girl i've had in my car has commented on the faux-suede.
Old 10-29-2001, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by joeaux
The rear wheels are on the wrong sides...
-joe-
Good eye Joe!
Actually... the front drivers side and the rear passenger side wheels are the only ones placed properly. If this is how they were for a long period...I can see a brake job in the near future.
OK now lets see!... The previous owner wanted his equalizer back... that explains the custom hole in the radio compartment, the I-Can't-Go-All-The-Way-Down!!! Power antenna problem some of us face, Stains on the intake manifold, Hood insulation damaged?... My assumption is that, an accident or something caused the ABS unit to leak and spray brake fluid onto the stained and damaged areas we see under the hood.... also I can bet that brake fluid splashed on the passenger side fender, which caused paint damage. "Scratch"?... YEA RIGHT!!! I'm not going to lie at first glance it looked like a nice car, but after checking the it out...I can only assume..... Look, go for the Legacy, it will be better for you at your age, and less costly. Good Luck!!

94 Blue L, 5-speed, converted 4wd, Clear headlights, Angel Eyes, Converted Radiator and fan, White faced guages, Cross-drilled/slotted rotors, Lambo doors ...
------------------------------------
Old 10-29-2001, 08:46 PM
One teal and One yellow

Great discussions! Vincent, I guess all the buddies here have analyzed for you very clear! The pros and cons of owning an SVX of your age! It might not be a great idea as a first car. The car looks yeah pretty cool but it is quite or very expensive to drive! Maybe that’s the price of driving this wheel?! And, you are the one who has to do your homework and check it out for our contributions! But, the final decision is still all up to you! You are the one who is going to pay, and to drive… if you r going to have an SVX, I believe that all of us will welcome you! If you are going to have the turbo legacy, you are still one of the Subaru’s family, I noticed that SVX and legacy have some similar parts and features(they want to cut cost), so when you grow up, if you still like the SVX, you could get a nice one! Let us know what you have gotten eventually…. Good luck!

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 10-30-2001, 08:01 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent
I think I'd much rather have a Legacy right now, than an SVX. Even though it would be sweet to drive to school one day in a nice Subaru SVX. And all the kids would be staring at it, mouths gaping. Then all the hot chicks would come to me wanting rides, asking me, "what is that? A Ferrari?"

Anyway, time to take my head out of the clouds. Only problem is, finding an early '90s Legacy won't be too easy. They're kind of a rare jewel, aren't they?
I was a senior in high school when i picked up my SVX (seems like so long ago ) I remember once walking out to my car and seeing two kids standing by it heard one kid go 'damn this car is sweeeeet' other goes 'yeah man' I walk over and chirp the alarm. Talk about an ego boost! haha. That WAS a great moment. Well man, I'm sure you'll make the best decision for yourself!

-Mike
--
'95 L AWD