Old 07-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Is this anyone here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownbot View Post
So would anyone here recommend him? He is only 37 miles from me. I know there has been all kind of stuff between him and some people here and you guys banned him or whatever. I don't even care about that stuff, its none of my business.
Yes, I would. Jason was banned here because he got hot headed and ignored the rules and ignored advice. Not because he was a bad mechanic.

At this point it's fair to say that most or all of the people who were at loggerheads back then have put away their weapons.

I would love to be 37 miles from Budfreak. I'd be certain to have my SVXes well cared for by a good mechanic.

Harvey makes a very good point. But self promotion is not banned here, or even frowned on. You just have to be able to back it up with genuine product or customer satisfaction.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Instead of bringing up the past again, why not just look up his username and search through all his old posts. I wasn't here for any of it and so I don't know anything first hand. Just saying... We don't want to resurrect any bad blood because he can still look on this site as anyone can. Also there are members on here that are also on the other forum. Absolutely nothing against them but I think it is best that we just let this thread die along with all the other ones where his name has been brought up.

Just my .02

Also, just to note, I have not gone through old posts to find out about the past on this. It doesn't really matter to me what has happened. I am just on here to find info when needed and try to help others when possible.
No no its ok..... apparently its classified intel and I dont have the clearance to review bloginal security matters. And I have never heard of anyone named "Budfreak" Forget this conversation ever happened....... shhhhhhh

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Yes, I would. Jason was banned here because he got hot headed and ignored the rules and ignored advice. Not because he was a bad mechanic.

At this point it's fair to say that most or all of the people who were at loggerheads back then have put away their weapons.

I would love to be 37 miles from Budfreak. I'd be certain to have my SVXes well cared for by a good mechanic.

Harvey makes a very good point. But self promotion is not banned here, or even frowned on. You just have to be able to back it up with genuine product or customer satisfaction.

Joe
Oh silly me,,,

I thought that was what the "Vendors, Service, and Parts." Section was for. I'll have to be more out spoken in future.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
Oh silly me,,,

I thought that was what the "Vendors, Service, and Parts." Section was for. I'll have to be more out spoken in future.

Harvey.
Yes, you are silly Harvey.

As this thread we are in now is not actually in the Vendors.....

And somebody early on suggested the reason for the posting might be to highlight somebody's service.

And the thread you quoted was also not in the Vendors......

And yet a few people highlighted their capability in that thread.

QED. That's what I meant.

Mods get blamed for a lot of things round here, but one thing we don't do is get bolshie about things being in the wrong forum and stuff. We just like people to communicate, and help each other.

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Mods get blamed for a lot of things round here
Nevermind Im tired of killing threads accidentally (4 in the last 2 days)

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.

Last edited by SoCal LS-L; 07-11-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:52 PM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX

He's a good guy and he enjoys working on SVX's. I drove 3 hours to have work done by him and he does good work not to mention I could tell easily how he is passionate about keeping these cars on the road. I was satisfied and would recommend him. I'd say check out his forum site as mentioned earlier in the thread.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm the anti-do-gooder

I have joined his forum and made a trip already to his place. I plan on having him do some work for me in the future. It's just convenient that he is so close to me. I plan to use his forum as another resource. You guys should all take advantage of it as well.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX

i was really sad to see that Jason was no longer around when i came back for a little while in 2007. He's a great mechanic, knows his stuff - and always willing to help a fellow SVX'r

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 07-13-2009, 09:04 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Jason can have his moments, both positive and negative. I give him credit for making an agreeable appearance at Reading this year. If every contact with him was that pleasant, I do not think that we would have had many of these problems.

The problems I point out with Jason, time and time again, is his easily agitated nature, willingness to use (EDITED AS PER REQUEST)

readiness to cut down any rival mechanically inclined members, even if they have much more experience with the vehicles.

If Budfreak devoted half of the effort he puts into pushing his products into improving his person to person relations, and into learning about improving his service methods, then he would be viewed in a much more favorable sense.

Last edited by Mike621; 07-13-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
Jason can have his moments, both positive and negative. I give him credit for making an agreeable appearance at Reading this year. If every contact with him was that pleasant, I do not think that we would have had many of these problems.

The problems I point out with Jason, time and time again, is his easily agitated nature, willingness to use readiness to cut down any rival mechanically inclined members, even if they have much more experience with the vehicles.

If Budfreak devoted half of the effort he puts into pushing his products into improving his person to person relations, and into learning about improving his service methods, then he would be viewed in a much more favorable sense.
if you're going to trash someone's business, you should be ready to give examples. I haven't been actively posting the last few years, but i've been lurking/reading up to stay informed on the SVX....and i've never seen an example of this.

I help run a local forum around Western NC, and I would never allow someone to trash someone's livelihood like this without solid evidence. Maybe you should provide some.

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension

Last edited by svxistentialist; 07-13-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:36 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX

I've had nothing but pleasant experiences through email, ordering parts, getting parts shipped to me, and even having service done to my car in his driveway, so Mike I have to disagree with you.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppStateSVX View Post
if you're going to trash someone's business, you should be ready to give examples. I haven't been actively posting the last few years, but i've been lurking/reading up to stay informed on the SVX....and i've never seen an example of this.

I help run a local forum around Western NC, and I would never allow someone to trash someone's livelihood like this without solid evidence. Maybe you should provide some.
I didn't see him trash anyone's anything. He simply stated facts.

If this is his "official" livelihood, I'd love to see his reaction if you asked him for his EIN. Illegitimately run businesses don't count.

Mike.
2001 Audi S8
Old 07-13-2009, 09:51 AM

ive done plenty of orders through him and all have been handled very well and shiped in good time i race my car and push it and his parts have held up and helped me push it faster. also he has been very helpful from taking my car from a kids svx needing alot of work to one of the fastest if not fastest n/a auto svx in new england. i would imangin he has some moments or some parts my have broke but everything breaks sometime and he is very easy to work with, i have had nothing but good experinces with him.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

As far as I know you do not need an EIN to run a business.. I started a construction company during college that I ran off of my own SSN. I could have gotten an EIN but just chose not to and I was completely legit, licensed, insured etc....
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 07-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post

The problems I point out with Jason, time and time again, is his easily agitated nature, willingness to use poor quality/high mileage parts if it means saving money,and readiness to cut down any rival mechanically inclined members, even if they have much more experience with the vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppStateSVX View Post

AppStateSVX

While I understand how you feel on this, I would much rather that Mike did not open old wounds with instances back in time of bad service or bad relations re Jason/Budfreak.

As a few people are very kindly relaying how well Jason has serviced their cars, in the interest of objectivity then Mike is entitled to give his opinion of his experiences also, even if it is partially negative.

All of the threads where there were difficulties and disagreements are still on the server. You probably missed all this when you were away for a while. Anybody who wants to be informed what went down, drag out the search function and find the threads and inform yourself. Nothing is hidden, it's all in plain sight.

It appears to me anyway that Jason has improved the customer relations side of his business, and Mike seems to be agreeing this is the case regards the Reading meeting. I'd like to think we are adult enough have turned a corner on this and can walk away from the acrimony. Let's not rekindle any crap by dragging back old history. The field's been ploughed once that's enough.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Closed Thread