Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
I think the Medium Gray Metallic 217 is the same color as the Gray Metallic 250. I can't imagine Subaru producing three shades of metallic gray for the same car.

As far as the Bright Yellow. the code is 516. I retrived an old saved email that I sent to Bell-Colvill in the UK. I asked them what the color was.

I have never found the color codes for the wheels in any publication or reference. Transwheel Corporation, one of the largest wheel refinishing companies in the US, has five wheel colors listed for the SVX, each with a different refinishing code: Maybe there were production variances in the early years.

1992-93
Gray Charcoal
Medium Charcoal
Light Charcoal
Charcoal w/purple undertone

1997-97
Bright Silver

An if this isn't confusing enough. As long as we are talking about wheels, Transwheel also has two fifferent codes, one with a smaller centerbore. I have only seen the larger centerbore. Did the 4WS cars use the other one. See attachment.
Wow! I thought there were only two codes, dark and light. Shows what I know.

Here's my guess; Fuji / Subaru at Gunma never painted the wheels, and so have no production records of paint codes.
I suspect they bought the wheels in fully built and polished from the manufacturer, and the wheel people mixed up the colour in batches, with obvious differences. At least until Fuji QA insisted on one definite colour with the later bright silver ones.

I've never seen a wheel with the smaller centrebore, so far as I know. Phil has a 4WS and an S40, maybe he could measure up and check if there is a difference for us?

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl