Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2008, 07:07 PM

Exclamation electrical problems

help! my power steering seems like it has no power. my abs and air bag lights are on in the dash and the gas gauge doesn't work and neither does the cruise. it blows the #15-cruise/abs fuse under the dash as soon as you turn on the ignition. the car has a 5 speed swap in it. i bought it this way-the guy i bought it from said he bought it that way and it was done by ?small car productions? in the northwest area of the USA. the car is a 92 and the body has 199k the trans has a fresh rebuild. it has a replacement motor with about 80k on it. the guy i bought it from said he was putting in a new alt when all the electrical issues showed up. not sure what he did to make all the problems occur, he tried to explain it to me but i couldn't follow what he was talking about. any ideas? Ive studied the electrical diagrams and found that they all seem to use the same fuse fb28,29, or 30 witch corresponds to number 15 under the dash. i have all 6 of the factory manuals for 1992, but they are nothing like what I'm used to working with which would be all-data. also some other useful facts, MAYBE, hopefully, the gas guage seems like it might sort of work sometimes- it will read about 1/8th of a tank at random times, the gas light works, when i turn on the ignition the steering light lights up for the bulb check but doesn't stay on when the car is started. other than all that the car runs great and drives like a dream. thanks in advance Curtis