Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-16-2002, 06:30 PM
alacrity024

although I don't think I would ever pick a fight with anyone else in the world, I certianly don't think that I would try to STOP a fight already in progress, either.... in fact, I might just try to sell popcorn...

-a
Old 12-16-2002, 06:47 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Cash

Cash, you take everything way too personally. I don't care who said what (whether it is "wrong" or not). You seriously need to grow up. If someone did beat the s**t out of you, I can't say I'd feel sorry for you. You mean that neons don't have some sort of defense mechanism, they seem to be the best at everything else according to you. There are places for some opinions, and places for others. I find that your opinions or facts or whatever they are just have no place on this board. I honestly don't remember anything useful you have ever said (then again I don't consider knowing everything about a neon useful, so I dunno). Don't bother responding to this, there's a wonderful thing I just learned about known as "ignore." Funny, there's a lot less neon on this board without you. The only neons I wanna hear about now are the ones people stick inside/outside their cars (or the gas if anyone is into chemistry).

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 12-16-2002, 06:48 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Lightbulb Good idea...

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024
although I don't think I would ever pick a fight with anyone else in the world, I certianly don't think that I would try to STOP a fight already in progress, either.... in fact, I might just try to sell popcorn...

-a
Hot dogs, get 'cher hot dogs here.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 12-16-2002, 08:09 PM
FifthElement

Ok but how does everyone feel about plymouth's version???
Old 12-16-2002, 09:27 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Oh sry cash I ment a '95 see the 4 and 5 are right next to eachother on my computer. And if you know bout Pulsars let me hear what you know about them.....And yes i have beat them and other cars that had bout twice the power, why you might ask, may i say it takes alot more then dumping a clutch at 3k rpm to make your car go fast, see traction is more needed at that take off, i have read you other posts you seem proud to be able to dump a clutch in a car. Smoke and noise isnt how i win the few times here and there i do race, it is the skill of driving and such.
Also id like to see a 5spd neon vs a 5spd SVX-2wd, now you a lil closer but still cars from a different class.

Ill be selling the sodas and beer...
Old 12-16-2002, 10:17 PM
The Road Less Traveled

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Troy,

I tried it once against a CLK320 Kompressor. And my car had a flaky MAF. Still managed to keep within a car length all the way up to 60MPH.

Not bad for an engine with 180k miles on it... I haven't figured out how to launch the SVX properly though, as sometimes I can get pushed back into the seat, and sometimes it seems to be slower... Dunno...

VK
Old 12-16-2002, 10:42 PM
Only SVX @ UCF (Cool!)

Send a message via AIM to svxjoe
Exclamation SVX vs. 5-speed Neon

O.K. Here we go.....

Tonight at exactly 10:48 p.m....on my way home from work... on State Rd. 50 (West Colonial) here in Orlando FL. I raced a white with blue racing stripes Dodge Neon. Didn't want to at first... cuz I'm usually worried about cops in that area. But this guy kept revving his engine at every light next to me. So Finally I roll down my window and ask "Do you wanna race?" He's replies with a confident smile "I think so." While we were waiting for this light to change I happened to notice that he was playing with the clutch cuz I could notice him rolling back and forth off the white stop stripe across the intersection. That's what assures me it was stick. And then the guy yells/asks "how many horses you got?" I yell back "230 and what about you?" He says with a smile again, "Bout 150 Stock." By this time the traffic heading toward us was making their left turns which means our light was next, so then both of us pull past the white stripe (becuz we all know the paint is slippery....oh yeah my SVX is FWD). So I drop my shifter down into 2 and sit there with my left foot on the brake while my right foot hold the rpms at about 2500.
Then the light turns green, and I pop the brake and jam the gas.
We both had just a little quick spin with a squeal.....and thru 1st gear (for me) I was just barely pulling away...he shifted into 2nd gear before my 1st gear was done, but by the time the auto transmission went into 2nd he was again neck and neck with me..at this point (SVX going into 2nd) we were doing...I think about 30-35mph.... but as soon as my second gear got into midrange (RPM wise) I surely started to pull away, which I think was around 50-53. But as soon as I hit 59-60, the Neon was behind my bumper, and from that point on it was like the neon just stopped cuz I was gone. And of course... like 5 seconds after I begun to slow done, here comes the high speed FLY-By.

After the race....I thought to myself...I really WAS intrigued by what some people may claim as quicker than the SVX, especially a Neon. YES, the Neon gave a good fight, but only up until about 55 mph. But if you think for a sec... A race only to 55 mph in the SVX.?.?.? Then you aren't even close to doing a 1/4 mile yet, and that's how all races (nothing shorter) should be judged.

All in all.... I won without a doubt, and I hope this brings some kind of understanding and resoultion to all the hostility.

Thank-you for your time.
-SVXJoe
Old 12-17-2002, 08:05 AM

Joe, you are right 1/4 miles in the svx usually go up to at least 80mph. good show on the POS neon!

Kelli

did you see the look on his face when you beat him?
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:34 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

Question 'Scuse me?

Is this the SVX World Network? I think I might be lost.

Uh, waiter? I asked for the dessert menu. Not the whine list.

'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 12-17-2002, 08:44 AM
DNSB

Hummmmm This post turned to ****.
Don't you have anything better to do Ca$h, than to put people down. Why can't you just let them think what they want to, because in the end they will think the same way.
The only reason I post anything, is to try to get to know people on here. Then someone comes along and ****s it all up.
The next time you want to say something, try bitting your ****ing tongue and let us have our fun.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DNSB
Hummmmm This post turned to ****.
Don't you have anything better to do Ca$h, than to put people down. Why can't you just let them think what they want to, because in the end they will think the same way.
The only reason I post anything, is to try to get to know people on here. Then someone comes along and ****s it all up.
The next time you want to say something, try bitting your ****ing tongue and let us have our fun.
ROTF LMAO tell him girl!

Kelli

ps, if you are going to reading, we can map out a 1/4 mile for those of you who want to do one, i'll do it!
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:56 AM
$VX

Re: SVX vs. 5-speed Neon

Quote:
Originally posted by svxjoe
O.K. Here we go.....

After the race....I thought to myself...I really WAS intrigued by what some people may claim as quicker than the SVX, especially a Neon. YES, the Neon gave a good fight, but only up until about 55 mph. But if you think for a sec... A race only to 55 mph in the SVX.?.?.? Then you aren't even close to doing a 1/4 mile yet, and that's how all races (nothing shorter) should be judged.

All in all.... I won without a doubt, and I hope this brings some kind of understanding and resoultion to all the hostility.

Thank-you for your time.
-SVXJoe
SEE?! This is exactly what I was trying to say. Neons ARE in the same league as the SVX to about 60mph. I'd say the neon should have pulled ahead somewhere in the middle (between 0 and 60mph), but...meh, it was undoubtedly a 5spd neon so its sorta up to the driver. Anyway, thank you Joe for proving my point. And yes, there are quite a few races shorter than 1/4 mile. The 1/8th mile for example... Or how I race, which is only up to about 60mph to avoid huge tickets.

- Ca$h
Old 12-17-2002, 11:59 AM
$VX

Re: Cash

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
Cash, you take everbla bla bla
Did I insult you? Did I call you names? No. I called it like it was; I stated that you were IGNORANT. And you are. This wasn't an insult, its the truth! You were talking about a subject that you are not informed about at all, hence you were ignorant of the facts.

Maybe you should listen to your own advice and not take a valid statement (that you were being ignorant) so personally.

- Ca$h
Old 12-18-2002, 12:56 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Deja,
It's so exciting to see that you got so many replies to a thread you started. And so incredibly disappointing to find that the majority of those posts are immature squabble.

Where exactly in Craig did you have this race?

When are you coming down to GJ?

How much snow do you have up there after this big storm?

Have I asked enough questions?

~~Michelle

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 12-19-2002, 08:30 AM
DNSB

Michelle,
We raced on Victory and Yampa Ave. going west.
I'm not sure how much snow we got, I"m guessing about 5 inches. I've been having alot of fun driving in the snow with the SVX. Scared myself a few times, but I'll be ok. Just have to get used to the new car in snow.
Actually, I plan on moving to Junction sometime in March.! Fun fun! I can't wait to get out of this town. I will go to some school down there with a friend.
I will PM you if I get any new info on it.

~Deja~