How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-25-2002, 09:28 PM
srusvx

Stupid People

Did u ever run into some one so stupid its hard to believe...........Ok .....so the other night im drivin my girl home and i am behind a Dodge Dakota sitten alil bit higher than stock and he pulls over into the lane next to me, as he does this i notice that he was a cop from his licesnse plate. So i drive by him and he gets behind me and puts his high beams on and follows me for a good ten to where i was goin and pulls up besdie me, so i roll my window down and ask him what the f&*% his prob is. So he says "you were high beaming me"........first of all the motherf*@$#%^ was at least a good 6-8in higher than the svx so even if i had my high beams on it shouldnt have been that bad, but all i had on was the fog lamps. I tried explianing this to him and all his unintelligent ass could say was F&*^ you ....Shut up.......So i just gave up and said well...u really are pathetic for takin this ten min out of ur life to do this ...dont u have a wife to go home to or something better to do wit ur life i mean ur like 45 yrs old ...im 20 this is somethin i should be doin and i wouldnt even think about doin this u loser, but if it makes u feel better i will let u follow me the rest of the way home so u can brag to wife when u get home........" Yeah honey i followed him all the way home"....................................if ne one else found this as ridiculus as i did pleases let me know .................................................. ....

Don
Old 11-25-2002, 09:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to vzSvx
I was stopped by a trooper before for the same reason. All I had to do was showed him the high beam lights which was different than the fog lights. He was very nice and even apologized and let me go. You have to remember that SVX is not a kind of car you see everyday, so a lot of people don't know much about it, so you have to educate them. There is no need to over react. It will just lead you into more troubles.

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing.".
Old 11-25-2002, 09:52 PM
Hater

i had a lot of people flashing at me when i first got the car and i thought they were just confused about the way the lights look. turns out the lights WERE aimed sorta high, so i adjusted them. you might want to check the level just to be sure.

edit: one more thing - the actual level indicators on the headlight said they were perfectly calibrated, but they WEREN'T. i drove behind my buddy to confirm and he said they were very high, blinding him. i used a method where you park on a flat surface and point them at a wall and measure with a yardstick to set them. i'm kinda brain-dead right now and can't remember the distances involved, but i'll try to dig them up.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Last edited by Landshark; 11-25-2002 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-26-2002, 12:22 AM
Founder / Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris
I have had similar problems on both side of the fence. Officers whom appologised when I showed them the situation, and dumb back road idiots who have gone as far as physical vilonce because of their inability to accept a minor mistake. I gladly offer to show them that theese are not brights, but "THESE" are indeed bright. They go on to tell me they are going to ram my brights up my arse. In one particular instance on a back country highway, I had a farmer red-neck (no offence inteded) get out at a stop sign with a tire iron with an attempt to "remove" my high beams. The whole incidnet became a bit unmature, so I will end it there. Some of you who might know me can use your imaginiation and you would probably be right. He was drunk, and you can say he did not have the opportunity to "drive" home.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but doesnt the Saturn have a similar light configuration with their DRLs (Day-time running lights). I see Saturns here all the time with a 4 headlight configuration and NOT on high beams.

ECU Tune (stage 1), PWR (prototype aluminum radiator)
Amateur Radio - General Class - K7SVX
#1 92 Teal LSl 246k (Dedicated SVX Race Car, now with 4.44 speed)
#2 92 Teal LSl 125k (Retired, car rescued from a field of weeds)
2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition, Obsidian Black Pearl (Daily driver)
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab, Cummins turbo diesel 4x4 (race car & RV hauler)
1985 Honda VF500 Interceptor (fair weather fun commuter)

Going on 11 years of NHRA bracket racing
NHRA Div 6 Car/Driver # T654 (site being rebuilt, new name is www.teamsvxracing.com)
2000 1st Place Club Challenge Series
2002 3rd Place Season Track Champion, Import Racing (Firebird Raceway)
2003 4th Place Season Track Champion, Import Racing (Firebird Raceway)
2003 1st Place NW Regional Import Shootout (July 5th)
2004 1st Place Club Challenge #1 (Firebird Raceway)
2004 1st Place NHRA "King of the Track" race
2004 NHRA Gold Cup 2nd place season win
2004 Import/Sport Compact 3rd place season win
2004 Division 6 Summit/ET NHRA Race of Champions finalist competitor (Mission, BC)
2007 1st Place Import Survival #3
2007 1st Place Track Champion Import Summer Jam (Wild Street Class)
2007 1st Place Import Survival #5
2008 Club season 1st place win, Club Champion
2008 2nd Place Season Import Final.
2008 Division 6 Summit/ET NHRA Import Finals (Woodburn, Or)
2009 2nd Place Import Summer Jam (Wild Street Class)
2010 1st Place Club race #2 - 1st place Sport Compact race #1 & #2

Last edited by Chris; 11-26-2002 at 12:24 AM.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Get the PIAA crystal Ions

That's what I did. They're slightly yellow and do a better job in the snow anyway. The yellow lets people know that they are in fact NOT highbeams.

I mostly get flashed by trucks because they just assume that four lights are high beams even though they are CLEARLY not being blinded by my 2 foot tall lights.

AND do check you lights for level. The little level didn't work for me either. Those projector lens can be VERY bright if your looking into the focal area.

Take the car to your local inspection shop. They should have a black wall in the back of the shop with a ruler printed on it. These lights don't have the 'line' that our Forester headlights do so you kinda have to guess where the 'bright' spot is.