Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2002, 01:59 PM
$VX

Angry Violence is the answer... >:(

So I go to my car this morning and notice this stupid ass Ford F150 is parked like right ON my freaking back bumper. I pull forward and get out to look. HOW LOVELY! He's 'customized' my f*cking bumper with two license plate 'screw imprints'. F*CKER! So I wrote him a note:

"Dear Asshole, thank you for hitting my car. I especially like the two f*cking screw indentations left by your license plate. I hope you rot in hell"

Then I took off his windshield wipers and kicked his ****ing door.

- Ca$h
Old 11-07-2002, 01:59 PM
$VX

Sorry for the language, I'm pissed off. >:|
Old 11-07-2002, 02:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I'd be pretty pissed off, too. But, as much as I'd want to return the favor, I think I'd rather handle it like an adult. Call the police. Take a picture. Write down his plate number.

It's possible that the driver isn't a jerk, and would have set things right, given the opportunity.

He may remember your car. If he sees it in the lot again, he may retaliate. SVX glass is very expensive, remember.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-07-2002, 02:05 PM
Casper Killer

Send a message via AIM to BLKSVX92 Send a message via Yahoo to BLKSVX92
Getting angry is one thing, but taking it out on another car, doesn't exactly seem like the right way to go abouts dealing with that anger. Why didn't you just talk to the person who owns the car to see if the two of you couldn't have worked something out. Im sorry but if you are serious about kicking his door and what not, grow up..thats just rediculous

1992 SVX Build 4/91 SOLD TO gsodonis
2002 Civic Si SOLD
2005 Lancer Evolution VIII TRADED
2008 STi
Old 11-07-2002, 02:05 PM
$VX

I remember the truck. And if anything happens its getting burned up.

- Ca$h
Old 11-07-2002, 02:07 PM
Casper Killer

Send a message via AIM to BLKSVX92 Send a message via Yahoo to BLKSVX92
Yet again, may I say GROW UP

1992 SVX Build 4/91 SOLD TO gsodonis
2002 Civic Si SOLD
2005 Lancer Evolution VIII TRADED
2008 STi
Old 11-07-2002, 02:11 PM
$VX

Grow up? I am grown up. I know how to f*cking drive, and I don't ram into the backs of other peoples parked cars. I'd say thats pretty 'grown up'... what I consider childish is the complete inability to park or have respect for another persons vehicle when you f*cking ram it. I'm VERY VERY pissed off. My bumper WAS flawless, and now I have these stupid screw dents.

- Ca$h
Old 11-07-2002, 02:18 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
Grow up? I am grown up. I know how to f*cking drive, and I don't ram into the backs of other peoples parked cars. I'd say thats pretty 'grown up'... what I consider childish is the complete inability to park or have respect for another persons vehicle when you f*cking ram it. I'm VERY VERY pissed off. My bumper WAS flawless, and now I have these stupid screw dents.

- Ca$h
Your reasoning is flawed - it doesn't leave any possibility that the other driver simply made a mistake.

Even if the other person was careless, that doesn't make them childish. Vandalizing somebody else's property, before you even know what really happened, is childish.

Look, your argument is severely flawed and you need to calm down and think about the facts. What the other person did was wrong, but it wasn't necessarily malicious. What you did in response was both, and that's simply inexcusable.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 11-07-2002, 02:21 PM
$VX

Even if it WAS a mistake he didn't leave an apology or anything. What a jerk.
Old 11-07-2002, 02:28 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
Even if it WAS a mistake he didn't leave an apology or anything. What a jerk.
And that gives you license to vandalize his truck?

Maybe it wasn't even a 'he.' Maybe the driver wasn't used to the vehicle, but was stuck driving it for the day. Maybe they were in a hurry. Maybe they didn't even know that they tapped your car.

That's a long list of arbitrary assertions, but you didn't witness the incident, so they're as valid as your assumption that the driver was an evil person who didn't deserve his wiper blades.

Even if we assume that the other guy was inconsiderate or even malicious, what you did was far worse. You removed a safety device from his vehicle. Is it going to rain today? Who knows. But if that guy gets in an accident because he couldn't see through his windshield, it's your fault. No, he'll probably never find out who did it, but that's not the point. I hope that driver doesn't injure himself or others.

You were wrong to do what you did. Accept that, learn from your mistakes and handle it better next time.

Or you can call me a moron, learn nothing and never even realize the opportunities you blow by treating people that way.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 11-07-2002 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-07-2002, 02:32 PM
not Larry 3rd

CAsh,

I am sorry that your SVX was hit.
You may be grown up. but you you have to learn that by retaliating in the manner that you did; you have sunk to the truck driver's level. You basically did to him what he did to you.
When you are older you will find that there are better ways to get even. Some can even be more satisfying than what you did.

Larry III
Old 11-07-2002, 02:37 PM
$VX

Here's the thing: reporting it would be pointless, because my insurance would go up. My old boss had his car 'tapped' when it was parked and he filed a claim. His insurance went up almost as much as the repair.

And one other thing: There are TWO screw indents, but they aren't far apart, they're RIGHT ON TOP OF EACH OTHER. Do you know what that means?

HE HIT ME TWICE.

And I KNOW its HIS screw that did it, because the dent's orientation (the slot in the screw) lined up perfectly... TWICE.

You can't run into a car TWICE and not know it.

- Ca$h
Old 11-07-2002, 03:12 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
You can't run into a car TWICE and not know it.

- Ca$h
You have never seen my wife drive, have you

Just kidding dear.. What's that? The couch again?? Come on, I was just kidding.. honest.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 11-07-2002, 03:17 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: Violence is the answer... >:(

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX

Then I took off his windshield wipers and kicked his ****ing door.

- Ca$h
taking his wiper means stealing and kicking door means wilful destruction of property. Wanna take a ride in the back seat of a cruiser?

I'd just call the cops in the future
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-07-2002, 03:25 PM
greg

May i insert a couple of thoughts?

First I would like to mention something that I would hope everone here knows, the SVX is extremly rare. Therefore being an easy target to find and/or desecret in a manner far worse than two "dimples" (if I may use someone elses term) and in fact after time you will see that those marks give character.

Second: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!
I know that you did not appreciate what happened but the fact is there are several ways to handel the situation. One would hope you could handel an accident with more couth and demeanor than to retaliate. You should always treat others like you would want to be treated!

Third: Insurace is based on the fact that you are processing a claim through them that is usually your fault. But, if in fact that truck did hit your car the compensation would then default to the driver or owner of that vehicle and your insurace would reimburse you or themselves for the damages to your vehicle. If in fact you were not in the car there could not be any fault of your own...

Sorry to hear about your damages. If it makes you feel better I have a large bite on my fender from a 18-wheeler and a long bumo line on my rear bumper that was caused at the Subaru dealer when it was in for service (makes me wonder what they were doing) but I do not worry, it give Helix character!

-G