How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX
Re: Flag this ad!!! parting out a good pearlie!!!

Nate,

About your buddy in Rockford, what symptoms did he have that told him he needed a new power steering bracket? I ask because I suspect that I may need something like that or a bushing on my car.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 01-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
Nate,

About your buddy in Rockford, what symptoms did he have that told him he needed a new power steering bracket? I ask because I suspect that I may need something like that or a bushing on my car.
His power steering bracket was cracked and broken off where the adjustment bolt slides... if that description makes any sense....

Wawazat... I can't say I disagree and honestly, the ad never got taken down anyway.
If my ad got flagged and removed, I would just create a new one and could care less... I had someone bash me in my for sale thread for my laguna. While it bothers me a bit due to the circumstances, I wasn't losing any sleep over it...
That being said, as I said before, if you were to meet this guy, you would probably feel similarly. He actually admitted having requests for parts but was too lazy to go out and pull them off. He had had both cars for almost a year and had done nothing with them at all.

As I already admitted, I did not go about it the proper way at first but quickly became proactive about the whole thing. He is happy as he is getting his car fixed mechanically as well as getting other parts that he needs to clean up his SVX and make it a little nicer, and I am happy that I will be putting another SVX back on the road. All in all it works out...

When I get the pics of the car up, I will just create a new thread. If the mods would like to change the title of this thread and/or edit out any of my posts, they are more than welcome to... otherwise, this thread can just be let to die/closed. What can I say, I am an enthusiast of these cars just like most of us here. Sometimes my emotions and feelings get the best of me.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
His power steering bracket was cracked and broken off where the adjustment bolt slides... if that description makes any sense....
Yes, that makes sense but what symptoms was he getting that pointed him to look at it? I am getting a clunking noise that could be a strut mount but it honestly sounds more like it is coming from near the steering rack.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything
Old 01-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
Yes, that makes sense but what symptoms was he getting that pointed him to look at it? I am getting a clunking noise that could be a strut mount but it honestly sounds more like it is coming from near the steering rack.
He had to take it off to do the t-belt, and cam and crank seals... So, I'm pretty sure it was cracked and broke upon disassembly but not 100% sure. I'll have to ask him and check but as far as I know, he didn't have any actual symptoms or noises from it.