Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: thinking about this car.... any help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
It is really great to finally find out exactly all that is wrong with America! I am afraid it is actually more complicated than that.

All the idiots do live on your side of the country and north to be specific.

Put your bifocals on and look again. Even the CV shafts are rusting away and anything else that would be needed to have bolts removed would be a major problem just to get a bolt out.

Keith
I see nothing but surface rust under that car. There is nothing that would be considered strucutral and the car would easily pass a PA inspection for years to come. Then again, I wouldn't be dumb enough to buy a car without looking under it. I wouldn't then sue the seller for my own stupidity.

Why don't you take me to court too for calling you exactly what you are, an idiot when it comes to buying a car.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
I see nothing but surface rust under that car.

I have never posted anything accusing you of being smart enough to see the rusted out bolts and components!

There is nothing that would be considered strucutral and the car would easily pass a PA inspection for years to come.

The people on this form are, as a group, a heck of a lot smarter than you are and it is obvious to the majority of them that you haven't a clue. If you are confused as to the intent of that statement, I am not just talking rust!

Then again, I wouldn't be dumb enough to buy a car without looking under it. I wouldn't then sue the seller for my own stupidity. You are unaware of the circumstances and I haven't the time or the inclination to explain them so you could understand them.
And I certainly agree with that! As far as suing the crooks for your stupidity, I don't mind your stupidity at all so... why would I sue any seller for "your own stupidity".

Keith
Old 08-30-2010, 08:54 PM

I often wonder how people get to thousands and thousands of posts...
Old 08-30-2010, 09:58 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Lower mileage, Lee...

Please see attachments!

This 97 rust bucket looks like a million dollars and showed 18,000 miles on the clock.

http://ourlifeline.net/svxart.htm

Keith
If anything that is a perfect example of why you never buy a car sight unseen. And if you looked at it, and you agreed to buy it (whether it was advertised falsely or not) it is your fault for buying it. Sorry to say. That is the way capitalism works..."smarter" people (you can call them crooks or not honest all you want) get the better of others and reap the benefits.

It is a sad state of affairs, and I am not condoning lying or pulling one over on the buyer of the car, but there is a reason why you should inspect vehicles in person before buying them.

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 08-30-2010, 10:22 PM

Well said cam...
Because of excessive internet fraud, the government mad it a crime when done over the web... along with all the other things. when the web is involved, fraud is fraud. check it out.

Keith
Old 08-30-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
I often wonder how people get to thousands and thousands of posts...
It takes hours and hours...

Keith
Old 08-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Well said cam...
Because of excessive internet fraud, the government mad it a crime when done over the web... along with all the other things. when the web is involved, fraud is fraud. check it out.

Keith
Yep, all because people are too stupid to have common sense, so they expect the government to step in and of course they do because they're no smarter.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Yep, all because people are too stupid to have common sense, so they expect the government to step in and of course they do because they're no smarter.
Dumb is what Keith does. I'm so thankful my tax dollars go toward keeping him in diapers.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:59 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

I support Ben, Mike, and Nate's points.

It is a consumer's responsibility to educate themselves enough prior to making a purchase.

A dealer can only be responsible to a degree when describing a vehicle, as it is pre-owned and it can be argued that grades of condition can be based upon a matter of opinion.

I believe that if a buyer is looking for a specific car and have very specific requirements as to it's particulars, it should ultimately be the buyer's responsibility to completely inspect and/or request paperwork, history, photographs/video or other evidence of condition to investigate whether or not they should make the choice to purchase any used car.

Keith,
I understand how aggravating it can be, when it comes to feeling misled, regarding a vehicle purchase. I've learned that ultimately, the purchase was my choice and it is the buyer's responsibility to educate themselves on what they are choosing to purchase.

Last edited by Mike621; 08-31-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Dumb is what Keith does. I'm so thankful my tax dollars go toward keeping him in diapers.
Well, it's about time... We finally get some good news!!

Another proud American!! I didn't realize a welfare bum like you had to pay any taxes. You must be referring to the sales tax on cigarettes and beer that your food-stamps don't cover.

At least you do pay a little bit, even though it comes out of your welfare check!

On second thought, You may not be able to count that as paying taxes, since it comes from us real tax payers

Keith
Old 08-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Wow this thread went way off topic. and for the record IBTL.

I don't think anyone could be on welfare and afford to fix an svx

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 08-31-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post

I don't think anyone could be on welfare and afford to fix an svx
I guess to Keith that's why I bought 3 British cars with a combined MSRP 35k higher than the price we paid for our house. Must be a welfare thing. Then again, it must be easy to pay so much in taxes when you use the system to cheat others for your own stupidity. For the record from what I read Keith did not win at court the seller simple settled as to probably save the cost of paying his lawyer more to win. Personal responsiblity be damned.

I bought every single vehicle in my sig sight unseen BUT I ensured that all of my criteria was met long before placing a bid or writing a check. That included 20 pictures of things the seller didn't show so I could make a determination of condition. There are plenty of services out there that will prepare a CR on a vehicle for you which IMO is nearly vital with any purchase to the vast majority of Americans as they don't know a lick about a vehicles true condition once. I guess though to some on this board, it is just cheaper to save the $200 and then know that the gov't is there to bail them out for failing to take personal responsiblity.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:13 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX

i can has IBTL?

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 08-31-2010, 02:19 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Quote:
I guess to Keith that's why I bought 3 British cars with a combined MSRP 35k higher than the price we paid for our house. Must be a welfare thing. Then again, it must be easy to pay so much in taxes when you use the system to cheat others for your own stupidity. For the record from what I read Keith did not win at court the seller simple settled as to probably save the cost of paying his lawyer more to win. Personal responsiblity be damned.

I bought every single vehicle in my sig sight unseen BUT I ensured that all of my criteria was met long before placing a bid or writing a check. That included 20 pictures of things the seller didn't show so I could make a determination of condition. There are plenty of services out there that will prepare a CR on a vehicle for you which IMO is nearly vital with any purchase to the vast majority of Americans as they don't know a lick about a vehicles true condition once. I guess though to some on this board, it is just cheaper to save the $200 and then know that the gov't is there to bail them out for failing to take personal responsiblity.

I agree with you that one is at fault if they purchase a car without have looked over it thoroughly. Hell I bought a car unseen and went through enough questions about it to feel confident. I had no surprises when I picked it. I don't see where all these attacks about welfare came in but whatever. I think everyone can agree that you should not buy a car without being certain it is in a condition that you will be happy with.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 08-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelfy View Post
i can has IBTL?
There's a better way to solve the problem.

Last edited by LetItSnow; 08-31-2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Removed my clever pictar.