Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX
I like it here.. (Checked other forum)

EDIT: Read till the end on the thread...

I got bored and since there were only a few posts today, I decided to check out the "other" SVX forum.. From what I saw, it seems like a few people there are arrogant punks with a little too much time on their hands.. Personally bashing and bad mouthing other peoples designs and mods for no damn reason! That and they curse like sailors!

From the ONE post I decided to read, they we're complaining about price of a modification and talking about copying someones design for an air intake, then selling it cheaper. What a bunch of douche hats..

Also, I don't like the layout or the design, especially the color.. The thing I love about this network is that the layout is easy to read and very easy to navigate. Plus it doesn't have a black background with teal bars, yuck. I want something discrete so I can hide it at work and make it blend and look like work. I'm sure I could change the settings if I made an account and played in the options but I feel that it's a waste of time.

Everybody here is so friendly and very helpful! This place feels like home..
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1˝" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..

Last edited by Freeman; 01-31-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX
Re: I like it here.. (Checked other forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
From what I saw, it seems like a few people there are arrogant punks with a little too much time on their hands.. Personally bashing and bad mouthing other peoples designs and mods for no damn reason! That and they curse like sailors!
There is no filter on that forum. So people are able to type a curse word and not have it *blocked* like on this forum. It's not as "family friendly" as this forum, but some people like that.
92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)

Old 01-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Like Rick James says.... " **** yo couch **** yo couch"!!!!

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.

Last edited by SoCal LS-L; 01-30-2009 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

while we all like a +1 for this site, I don't think it is appropriate to hate on the other, regardless of how it is conducted or its member's actions. Its all personal opinion and preference, and in this case the opinions should be kept to their owners

Tom
Old 01-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
while we all like a +1 for this site, I don't think it is appropriate to hate on the other, regardless of how it is conducted or its member's actions. Its all personal opinion and preference, and in this case the opinions should be kept to their owners

Tom
Agreed, but I had to use my Rick James gif somehow though

RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm the anti-do-gooder

Freeman, are you ever not on here? Just wondering....I must be bored as well.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Quote:
I got bored and since there were only a few posts today, I decided to check out the "other" SVX forum.. From what I saw, it seems like a few people there are arrogant punks with a little too much time on their hands.. Personally bashing and bad mouthing other peoples designs and mods for no damn reason! That and they curse like sailors!

From the ONE post I decided to read, they we're complaining about price of a modification and talking about copying someones design for an air intake, then selling it cheaper. What a bunch of douche hats..

Also, I don't like the layout or the design, especially the color.. The thing I love about this network is that the layout is easy to read and very easy to navigate. Plus it doesn't have a black background with teal bars, yuck. I want something discrete so I can hide it at work and make it blend and look like work. I'm sure I could change the settings if I made an account and played in the options but I feel that it's a waste of time.

Everybody here is so friendly and very helpful! This place feels like home..
Judging an entire forum by reading "ONE" post is pretty rediculous.

If you look at my post in that thread, you see me complaining about copying other peoples designs (which actually goes on MORE over here, usually for exterior mods).

Facts are an important thing to consider when you are going to bash something/someone, unfortunately your post is lacking.

Not trying to stir the pot, just adding a different perspective to the "discussion".

The layout over there did take alittle getting used to, its not a vBulletin based forum though.

Neither forum is better than the other, they both have pros and cons and thats what makes them different.

I just wish the bashing could stop on both sides of the community (Read: Childish behavior).

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 01-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Headed to Texas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj View Post

I just wish the bashing could stop on both sides of the community (Read: Childish behavior).

Dustin
Amen to that.

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 01-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj View Post
Judging an entire forum by reading "ONE" post is pretty ridiculous.

If you look at my post in that thread, you see me complaining about copying other peoples designs (which actually goes on MORE over here, usually for exterior mods).

Facts are an important thing to consider when you are going to bash something/someone, unfortunately your post is lacking.

Not trying to stir the pot, just adding a different perspective to the "discussion".

The layout over there did take a little getting used to, its not a vBulletin based forum though.

Neither forum is better than the other, they both have pros and cons and that's what makes them different.

Dustin
I think you are mis-understanding Freeman's post. He hasn't been a member long enough to have dealt with all the mess long ago so I don't believe he's trying to start anything. Instead, I think, he was just expressing how much he enjoys this forum. It's not like we have a bunch out there for comparison.. So if he was going to compare to another.. there's only two. lol Just take it that he's simply saying that as websites go, he really enjoys this one (so much so that he never wants to leave it apparently ) and the other forum is just a different style, not suited to his taste.

If he was actually familiar with how the other forum got started, etc, then I doubt he would have made this thread to begin with (fearing it might start something again).

I will say, I too am glad this site has a white background because it blends in with my excel files perfectly.

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 01-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat View Post
I think you are mis-understanding Freeman's post. He hasn't been a member long enough to have dealt with all the mess long ago so I don't believe he's trying to start anything. Instead, I think, he was just expressing how much he enjoys this forum. It's not like we have a bunch out there for comparison.. So if he was going to compare to another.. there's only two. lol Just take it that he's simply saying that as websites go, he really enjoys this one (so much so that he never wants to leave it apparently ) and the other forum is just a different style, not suited to his taste.

If he was actually familiar with how the other forum got started, etc, then I doubt he would have made this thread to begin with (fearing it might start something again).

I will say, I too am glad this site has a white background because it blends in with my excel files perfectly.
I knew that he didn't mean his post to further that conversation. When I said I didn't mean to stir the pot I wasn't talking about that. Kinda more making sure I didn't come off like I was attacking him (Remember Larry's post about my posting style ).

I know alot of people love this forum (I'm one of them ), I just don't see how generalizing an entire forum makes his statements better than the people wanting to copy other peoples stuff.

I see that he was mostly showing how much he likes this forum, but I also see how he could have worded his post better and left some things out.

Dustin

Edit: Just to make it clear, my original post had nothing to do with the Budfreak vs. SVXWN fiasco.

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 01-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer

Registered SVX

Wait wait wait now im curious...... what happened before with the other forum?? I mean, if you dont want to type it all out is there a thread?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Wow.... Yeah cozykat is 100% correct.. I really like this fourm cause it's very informative and it's basically all I do at work.. I was aware of conflict between members once before but not to the extent of conflict among forums? Guess I've got some digging to do to find some history..

And no, I'm always here... watching... waiting.. Wishing I was home doing something else... lol
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1˝" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 01-29-2009, 08:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX

Quote:
I'm an admin on svxworldforums. If you ever have any questions/issues on there you can PM me. We have an area for suggestions, since the forum is in its early stages still, we definately appreciate opinions on how to improve things.

In case you do decide to hang out over there and want to change the layout go to "my account" click on "Preferences" and use the drop down for "board theme".
2009 Subaru Forester - Mileage Junky
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
2017 Ford Mustang GT 6spd
Old 01-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Quote:
Wow.... Yeah cozykat is 100% correct.. I really like this fourm cause it's very informative and it's basically all I do at work.. I was aware of conflict between members once before but not to the extent of conflict among forums? Guess I've got some digging to do to find some history..

And no, I'm always here... watching... waiting.. Wishing I was home doing something else... lol
It probably not worth the time to go and attempt to dig up history, but don't taking sides if you do go searching .

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 01-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer

Registered SVX

Can someone give me a clue?? Can I buy a vowel? When was this? Im morbidly curious..... kinda like looking at an accident on the side of the road..... I need something to read

Closed Thread