IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 09:06 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix
...and what is SUBASTEEVO 2008??? is that just the way you want to spell it, or are you leaving the SVX
I'm running for president!

Haha

SubaSteevo comes from my long-standing nickname of SkubaSteevo, dropped the k to fit the forum a little better.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Locker Link Solution

aha, I was concerned about the "evo" part, but it really looks much better as steevo i guess anyway. 'specially considering I never realized that was how you spelled it in your username! Me smart too!
/highjack
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:02 AM
No longer blue member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix
aha, I was concerned about the "evo" part, but it really looks much better as steevo i guess anyway. 'specially considering I never realized that was how you spelled it in your username! Me smart too!
/highjack
True, I guess it could be read as sub as te evo

01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteevo
Wow, this list is eerily close to my list of favorites.

Some others to check out are Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Magnolia, Happiness, and Trainspotting.

P.S. Before you see the Ring (if you haven't already), try to find the original Japanese version called Ringu. It's better/scarier IMO.
saw both ringu, teh ring, and teh ring 2.

i didn't like any of them. the blonde chick was hot though...
Old 07-24-2006, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
Superman was relatively good. it was a missed opportunity for an outstanding movie.

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was horrific, but that could be on account of the sea of sub 16 year olds that I had to wade through or the fact that we had to sit in the front row. point of interest, the knightly chick is ugly when her face is 50 feet tall and your ten feet away. This new one seems to be a lot more juvenile then the last.

We did see the new m. night movie. I don’t know what I think about this one. it was very half arsed. there was a visible boom mic in half the movie, and every possible plot twist is telegraphed. Most of all it doesn’t really make sense, and the people who think it does are kidding themselves because they are M. NIGHT FAN BOYS. Yes, I understand that it was originally written by night for his kids, but just because its a good kids story doesn’t mean its going to make a good film. i think the book that is meant to be a bed time story will be better. the story line in the movie is fractured and muddled as if the actors just "winged it" in front of a camera for 2 hours.

I like it how night cast himself as the martyred revolutionary writer who changes the world. some of it seemed like he made it to stroke his ego.
i'm not a fan of m.night movies. 6th sense was a good flick, but unbreakable and the village let me down.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:55 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Have you seen the "Cube" sequels? I just finished watching the last one (Cube: Zero) and they answer a lot of outstanding questions I had from the first 2. First one still obviously the best and answers where they got most of their ideas for the "Saw" movies.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
Have you seen the "Cube" sequels? I just finished watching the last one (Cube: Zero) and they answer a lot of outstanding questions I had from the first 2. First one still obviously the best and answers where they got most of their ideas for the "Saw" movies.
i've seen the first cube and maybe the second one. i vaguely remember watching it. never saw 'saw' though. i enjoyed the cube series.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
i've seen the first cube and maybe the second one. i vaguely remember watching it. never saw 'saw' though. i enjoyed the cube series.
Can't remember the name of the cube I saw, but yeah... Saw reeks of it!
Anyone know if Saw 2 was any good?
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Old 07-24-2006, 08:59 PM

Registered SVX
I liked SAW2 better than the first one. What about:
The Princess Bride
Mars Attacks
Fargo
The Rundown
The Rock
Gladiator
LXG
The Matador
Kool Blue air filter, 4500k HID's, airbox mod, Hella horns, WRX 6 disc stereo, Infinity Reference and Clarion Pro Audio speakers, Infinity basslink sub, ECUtune Stage 1v5, ECUtune TCU, Power mode mod, Mad muffler mod v1.3
Old 07-24-2006, 09:24 PM
No longer blue member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxash
I liked SAW2 better than the first one. What about:
The Princess Bride
Mars Attacks
Fargo
The Rundown
The Rock
Gladiator
LXG
The Matador
+1 on the Matador, just saw it and was quite impressed.

01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-25-2006, 06:06 PM

Registered SVX
Cinderella Man
The World's Fastest Indian
Kool Blue air filter, 4500k HID's, airbox mod, Hella horns, WRX 6 disc stereo, Infinity Reference and Clarion Pro Audio speakers, Infinity basslink sub, ECUtune Stage 1v5, ECUtune TCU, Power mode mod, Mad muffler mod v1.3
Old 07-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxash
Cinderella Man
The World's Fastest Indian
1) was pretty good
2) wanted to see and forgot all about it.... just like dust to glory (just remembered that as I typed, better find a copy somewhere)

Old 08-03-2006, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmar
What about Grosse Pointe Blank with John Cusack?
Not a movie, but the Firefly series is pretty awesome
Firefly's not a movie, you're right, but Serenity is a movie based off the TV series. I have the firefly box set and Serenity. Love em. One that I saw lately that ended up being really good was The Producers, sure it's a Broadway Musical turned movie but it was hilarious. I'd recommend just about anything with Ryan Reynolds (Blade:Trinity, National Lampoon's Van Wilder, Waiting, Just Friends). Especially, Foolproof, one that not many people have seen. A couple more drama based excellent movies are 25th Hour with Edward Norton and Spartan with Val Kilmer. Definitely check those out.

Last edited by PseudoFreak; 08-03-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Locker Link Solution

Gladiator was the reason I switched to DVD!
The Rock was pretty good.
Did anybody here like the 13th warrior? I did, but haven't seen it in years. Only one of my friends knew what the story was. Was it unclear to anyone else? only 2 out of about 20 of us knew

Last edited by Speedklix; 08-04-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:51 AM
No longer blue member

Natural Born Killers is great, just watched it last night.

01' MSM Lexus IS300