Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-12-2002, 11:38 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
SubaruParts.com

Have they done away with the 'talk to Scott' feature altogether?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 03-12-2002, 01:50 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: SubaruParts.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Have they done away with the 'talk to Scott' feature altogether?
Maybe just while I have an order outstanding. I placed an order on the third and haven't received a shipping confirmation yet. I expect he's hiding.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-12-2002, 02:56 PM
svxpete

I guess you are referring to C. Scott Williams (scott@subaruparts.com). I asked a question about my previous order, and never got a reply, but then I got a message that it was being shipped by Airborne, and I got it now. Maybe he's on Spring Break, or vacation, anyway. I put in another order yesterday, and got the confirmation/tracking number soon afterwards (same day).
Old 03-13-2002, 03:10 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Have had an order in for about 6 weeks... Still waiting.
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 03-13-2002, 03:14 PM
Lowered SVX

they are usually pretty efficient.

i have to hold sometimes when i call but i always eventually get scott. sorry you guys are having so much trouble.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 03-14-2002, 07:31 AM
I look like Gordon

The service seems to be very hit and miss there. I have had bad and good experiences recently. Right now, I have an order that I placed on Tuesday, and the status of my shipment is:

"Your order is pending in our queue, but has not yet been processed"

Blah. I was hoping to get that order by this weekend, because it was all in-stock items and I paid extra for next day shipping.

You can't argue with the prices, though.

Anyone know anything about when they might have the SVX remotes back in stock?
Old 03-14-2002, 08:23 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: they are usually pretty efficient.

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
i have to hold sometimes when i call but i always eventually get scott. sorry you guys are having so much trouble.
I don't call any more. I like the simplicity of online ordering. After all, they've gone to all the trouble and expense to make it simple (Thanks Ryan). BUT, unfortunately it doesn't speed up the route from the warehouse to their shipping dock.

Again, my order was placed on the 3rd. It has now been ten days. My status is (paraphrased), "Should be in from the warehouse any day now" -- I just can't believe that a tranny dipstick and some rear center panel gaskets would have to be ordered from Japan. Ten days is plenty of time to get stuff in, even if it had to come from the Atlanta warehouse. Good thing it wasn't a critical part. Of course, if it had been critical, I probably would've called Scott directly.

I still support these guys. I think they're the best, but, I'll keep preaching "drop ship" until they put me in my grave. The "squeaky wheel" and all that jazz.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 03-14-2002, 03:12 PM
Lowered SVX

no doubt randy.

i did find out that if you push scott a little he will sometimes throw in next day shipping just to get the business. so sometimes it pays to call.

dipstick.....i just cant go there with you today randy.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 03-15-2002, 04:58 AM
I look like Gordon

Happiness!

Although my order somehow never seemed to make it out of the "queue", it did arrive yesterday.

I'm off today and heading up to Octagon Spares in PA to take a look at used SVX and Impreza parts. I have a long list... if they have any of the frequently requested small items (ashtray, visors, sunroof liner, trunk lifts, etc.) I will buy them and make them available here.
Old 03-15-2002, 06:25 AM
Green1995SVX

Re: Happiness!

Quote:
Originally posted by rufus
Although my order somehow never seemed to make it out of the "queue", it did arrive yesterday.

I'm off today and heading up to Octagon Spares in PA to take a look at used SVX and Impreza parts. I have a long list... if they have any of the frequently requested small items (ashtray, visors, sunroof liner, trunk lifts, etc.) I will buy them and make them available here.
I wish you'd wait a couple weeks till when im home on spring break I could meet you over at octagon. At any rate, let me know what they have.

-Mike
Old 03-15-2002, 08:39 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Happiness!

Quote:
Originally posted by rufus

You might wanna pick up some dropping resistors and ABS relays too, just in case.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 03-15-2002, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Parts and stuff

Hey guys I had a very quick response from Liberty Subaru and found them to be cheaper than subaruparts.com. I have had a difficult time getting responses from subaruparts.com and have given up on them.

Rufus and Mike, check out F&S Autoparts in CT. They specialize in Subaru dismantling and have a bunch of SVX's on their lot. Their website even lets you pull up details of available parts by car with costs. VERY COOL! Sorry, but I can't remember the URL.
Old 03-16-2002, 06:29 AM
I look like Gordon

News about subaruparts.com and Octagon

First of all, Scott is gone. I called to ask for him yesterday, because as I was starting to install some of the suspension pieces I bought for my Impreza, I discovered that the lateral link he sent me was the wrong one (damn 2wd Imprezas are almost as step-childed as the SVX)

I talked to a guy named Duane, who is apparently taking over the internet sales department. He was pretty helpful, and I'll let you know how everything goes as far as getting the part swap taken care of. If you have an order in with them right now, I would probably give Duane a call just to make sure it hasn't been lost in the changeover.

Octagon was a pretty cool place, and the guy I talked to (Cory) had a lot of advice, and parts, at least for my Impreza. He is not a big SVX fan, though, but I tried not to hold that against him personally

No-go on most of the SVX stuff I checked on. They did have an A/C compressor, which I am probably going to order on Monday. He also had hood and trunk lifts, but was not sure on the condition, so I didn't buy them.

They have some really cool cars for sale there, too. I looked at and sat in a Maserati 3500GT that was beautiful (except for a really bad quality paint job). I think I want it You can check out their selection at www.octagonauto.com
Old 03-18-2002, 11:56 AM
subaruparts.com

scotty

I've been meaning to post something but due to the circumstances I will describe below I have not had the time.

C. Scott Williams no longer works for Subaruparts.com/Tacoma Subaru Nissan. He quit of his own accord. However this does not mean the death of Subaruparts.com. Right now we are trying to play catch-up in taking care of our our customers previously handled by Scott and I have been told that a replacement will be hired to fill Scott's position. Currently Duane is answering most of the calls. He knows plenty about Subaru's, and almost nothing about where your package is -- He runs the back counter/wholesale division. Just about everyone else in parts is answering the requests we get via email. I personally have been taking care of several customers who seem to have been stuck in limbo.

All in all things should get better. If anything Scott leaving has resulted in the whole parts dept having to coordinate in handling internet orders which will almost gurantee a better experience in the long run (as opposed to the single man operaion which could not handle the volume).

- Ryan
Old 03-18-2002, 03:03 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Good work

Ryan. You are right the change may be for the better, no reflection on Scott, a good guy. My brother recently left the job he was in for years, they had to take on two people to replace him!

Often the pressure and the workload is not apparent higher up the chain. Keep it up, I will be looking for some service items from you shortly.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl