How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Question Do I need psychiatric help?

I have a big problem, I just want to take your opinions about it. As you all know the SVX is very rare in my country, so lately I have been bumping into many of them... the first was 2 months ago when I saw a black one driving in front of me. I keep cruising behind him until I stopped him over and we talked for long. He was a lawyer, owned the SVX for 3 years, finding a lot of trouble with parts... it has been in a front impact (not a severe one, but enough to break his headlights and corners and bend the hood. The car looks in a poor condition, missing some exterior lower panels... and has a one year unpaid taxes + penalties amounting to $350. I think I can get it for $700 - $800.

After that by 3 weeks I saw 2 more SVX's one Silver (with no engine or papers but great condition both inside and outside, near mint) and another one which is burgundy with a side impact but it is also not street legal until all 5 YEARS taxes and penalties are paid. I can do an illegal action by taking out the chassis # from another street legal SVX and put it in the silver one and make it street legal. The guy is asking $3000 for both but I think I can get them around $2200...

Then I saw another black SVX, it is also in a bad shape, but the guy is sticking to it...

The thing is that I need another SVX just for parts (you know that I have been importing parts from the states for the last 3 years and paying a lot for shipping and taxes) and I am facing both options 1 and 2. The first car is in a bad shape, needs serious bodywork, leaks all over, exterior parts, headlights, corners, taillights....etc. but the thing is I will have a street legal SVX in my hands... but I wished it was that silver one mentioned in option 2. If just I can take that silver one only (the guys needs to sell both cars, and not just one.. , he is firm about it) that way I can have a nice 1994 silver SVX completely new and stock. But then I would have to buy all three SVX's, making 1 street legal while the other two will be for parts... hence one of them is over my limit as for parts considered...

The SICK thing about this story is that I am considering all three cars together. I know this is peanuts for people like Earl, but my dad would kill me if he sees another SVX headlight in our parking lot. Am I being psychotic? I am really serious in buying them, but it would be a waste of LEGAL papers to get the first black SVX, part it out and do not take advantage of its papers to make that other silver SVX street legal.

I AM GOING NUTS ABOUT THIS ISSUE, SO WHAT TO DO???

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX
buy all of them.

seriously, you need to pick up at least one of them, as it will save you a lot of money of parts, if all the glass and body panels are in good condition, you get your money's worth. Good Luck

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 01-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
If I was living in the states, I could buy them all and keep 1 set of spares of everything and sell the rest on ebay or something... but DAMN!! I would have 3 extra trannies, three extra hoods (counting mine also), two extra leather, 2 sets of extra rims, 2 ........ who is going to buy those parts???

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:10 AM

Just buy them all, legalize the one with the illegal motor and use the two you don't drive as parts cars/mod experiments. In your country you have problem, it sounds like if you don't buy these svxs they will become extinct and you will have no way of getting parts which will break.
1993 SVX Anniversary Edition #64
Old 01-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Parts are available at the dealership, but you all know how much they cost.
And you are all ignoring one important fact: HOW DO I EXPLAIN TO MY DAD THREE EXTRA SVX'S IN OUR PARKING LOT ???????

Old 01-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
HOW DO I EXPLAIN TO MY DAD THREE EXTRA SVX'S IN OUR PARKING LOT ???????
You could always try the "I don't know who those cars belong to..."

Good luck with your decision.
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 01-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX
Quote:
And you are all ignoring one important fact: HOW DO I EXPLAIN TO MY DAD THREE EXTRA SVX'S IN OUR PARKING LOT ???????

Show him the price of the windshield and tranny from the dealership

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 01-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Talking

Quote:
You should run up and give him a great big hug and say "I can't believe you bought me 3 SVX's! I love you so much dad! Thank you!" It would probally blow his mind and you might get lucky and he'll just take credit for it and say nothing.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
You could always try the "I don't know who those cars belong to..."

Good luck with your decision.
Yeaaaaaaaaah RIGHT, he is not stupid you know!! Who is stupid enough to buy the rarest cars in the country with the most expensive parts

The next thing he does is kick me out of the house with the "you got 4 SVX's now and a VW MK1, you can sleep in either one of them you dumb F***..." thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppStateSVX
Show him the price of the windshield and tranny from the dealership
Those cars are not sold from dealerships... they are privately owned.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:51 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
The next thing he does is kick me out of the house with the "you got 4 SVX's now and a VW MK1, you can sleep in either one of them you dumb F***..." thing
Then you may want to invest in finding the rare SVX camper option.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak1
Then you may want to invest in finding the rare SVX camper option.
Who told you I can't find one? it just takes a matter of minutes, I have photoshop you know

Old 01-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Who told you I can't find one? it just takes a matter of minutes, I have photoshop you know
Old 01-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
I have two extra svxi in my driveway, they belong to Mike. He managed to get the one in my driveway by saying itll only be there for a week (itll be out soon)

and who says he has to see them in the parking lot...put them in the garage. Just kidding. you could make one street legal and part the others out pretty quickly, Im sure if you did the "street legal" one you put together will practically be paid for
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 01-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Ya can't fix stupid

Quote:

Try this -

Dad, before you blow a gasket, honestly they followed me home from the grocery store.

(Didntcha ever do this with animals?)

Or

The aliens dropped them off.

Or

Hey, it could be 3 grandkids neither of us are ready for.

Does your dad have a sense of humor?

If not, I'd definately stick with #2

1992 SVX LSL Pearl

1992 SVX LSi Ebony

1992 SVX LSL Silver - parts
Old 01-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
He sure has a great sense of humor, he is a very cool guy... but not related to my SVX. He keeps asking me to sell it because of its parts prices and time and money I put into it. He just loves me too much to see me suffer from the fiberglass work, dirt and money spent each time sh!t happens.