SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2006, 05:45 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
We Need Some Representation

I was looking in the Magazine section today, seeing if the new Euro Tuner was out and I had a thought, we need an SVX in one of these "tuner" rags. There has to be someone on this forum with an SVX that is one of a kind that would merrit some attention from these ricer punks. If these were a Euro car I have some hook ups and vould prob. get one in a mag. Has anyone else had this thought (re-post idea).
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 01-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Ya can't fix stupid

I'll be doing my part at the Mitty in Atlanta, and will hopefully be joined by few more SVXer's from the area.

1992 SVX LSL Pearl

1992 SVX LSi Ebony

1992 SVX LSL Silver - parts
Old 01-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by gest24
I was looking in the Magazine section today, seeing if the new Euro Tuner was out and I had a thought, we need an SVX in one of these "tuner" rags. There has to be someone on this forum with an SVX that is one of a kind that would merrit some attention from these ricer punks. If these were a Euro car I have some hook ups and vould prob. get one in a mag. Has anyone else had this thought (re-post idea).
Im not so sure, because then you get those ricer punks interested...then they buy up these cars trash them, and the result is some of the abominations that you regularly have started to see on ebay growing in number. We can leave this fine cars to those of us that know them
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot
Old 01-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Yeah, I agree. Besides, the svx isnt really a tuner typed car...its more a touring car. Keep it classy, not ricey

my two round 1/16th thich blah blah strewn about's worth
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 01-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Keep it here man. The bad reviews the SVX is getting lately are kind of a godsend. Many are trashing the car and many are agreeing and not picking it up. I like the way our community is, secluded from the ricer/racer community but still have our own enthusiasts which most agree are not out of hand. Notice that none of these abominations found are on this forum. For good reason, they would be laughed out of town. I like it the way it is, lets leave it that way. The lack of aftermarket is linked to how little interest there is, but it is also limited to the limited production of the car. even if half of the owners were interested in modding their cars like some of us, most retailers would still turn it down because the #'s just don't add up

Tom
Old 01-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
Keep it classy, not ricey
Naaaaaaaaaa, the other way around

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:20 AM
#1 6MT In Cali

You all make valid points. "ricers" would kill our cars. Much like they're doing to the WRX and STi. It's a shame we can't show case our cars with Euros. The euro side of the tuners are classy, atleast what I've seen from our SoCal club. Plus our cars fit in better with Bimmers, Volvos and high end VWs. Rather than Hondas or Toyotas. A nice subtly lowered SVX with a fresh spray and some gooides under the hood is all we'd need.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 01-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
Quote:
You all make valid points. "ricers" would kill our cars. Much like they're doing to the WRX and STi. It's a shame we can't show case our cars with Euros. The euro side of the tuners are classy, atleast what I've seen from our SoCal club. Plus our cars fit in better with Bimmers, Volvos and high end VWs. Rather than Hondas or Toyotas. A nice subtly lowered SVX with a fresh spray and some gooides under the hood is all we'd need.

Well said my friend
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot
Old 01-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Ya can't fix stupid

Quote:

Gosh you're growing up so fast.

1992 SVX LSL Pearl

1992 SVX LSi Ebony

Old 01-09-2006, 08:37 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBird
Gosh you're growing up so fast.
And just what does that mean? I've never been into decals and bolt on gimics. The only decalled up car I'd drive is a class A WRC car.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 01-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Ya can't fix stupid

I can recall the first conversation about the SVX and you were still looking at those "fast and furious" thingamaboppers.

I told you the SVX had some kick in it, and you couldn't find a more classier car.

Huh? Remember that? I saved the emails.

It's got a pretty damn good safety rating too. And knowing your driving record....that was a TOP priority for me. I'm hoping to be a grandmom some day.

1992 SVX LSL Pearl

1992 SVX LSi Ebony

Old 01-09-2006, 09:03 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

lol, doing up a classic VW isn't exactly "Fast and the Furious" maybe "Stuggling to pass smog"... Yes the SVX is a sweet ass car. Just wish I had more space at the house so I could let the Subie sit to keep the miles down.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 01-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Ya can't fix stupid

I think Em needs one too. That way you could drive hers and save your's from the mileage monster. That's southern logic ya know.

1992 SVX LSL Pearl

1992 SVX LSi Ebony

Old 01-09-2006, 09:49 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBird
I think Em needs one too. That way you could drive hers and save your's from the mileage monster. That's southern logic ya know.
If you pay for it...

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 01-16-2006, 01:23 AM
SVX...It's the only opption

far fetched

OK, so here it is when all the people on this forum buy up all the remaining svxi out there ( every last one )then we can showcase them with the euro's, because there wouldn't be any left to buy. So there for none would be harmed by the publisity. So if that cold day in h$ll comes I will be right there with the rest of you. Earl you better teach some people the rule of 11

Mike

former owner-
94-L 124,000(traded it when tranny went bad)