Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au
It is caused by out of ballance. Are the wheels dynamically ballanced?
Have they placed the weights on the edge of the rim, or have they stuck them on the back of the rim, so they can't be seen?

The wheel may be in static ballance, but out of ballance when spinning (dynamic). I have seen a wheel spun on a dynamic ballancer to find the spot, but instead of fitting the weight on the edge of the rim, where it should be, they stick them all on the back, in the center of the rim, so they can't be seen.

Harvey.
I used to work at Les swab tire center, and you would be surprised how out of balance a wheel can be and some people wont rebalnce it. My store location was pretty good at it, but if a customer wanted it saticley balanced there was nothing that we could really do.
I definitley would have it rebalced some where else some times a machine could be out alittle or you could get the guyin training balancing your wheels.

Also maybe your wheel is bent.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:58 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

The tires were balanced before I got the wear.
Since then I have sanded of the wear and and and not rebalanced.
BUT and I do mean BUT BUT I don't feel the steering wheel shaking. Everything feels real smooth.

Tire balance has NOT corrected this tire wear problem. I put new tires on last year and got the same scallopeany wear problem back. I get my other cars tires balanced at the same shop by the same guy and those cars are all running fine...... Last year we got two new sets of tires from that shop and over the past few years 7 sets total and three of them for the SVX.

NEW struts have NOT corrected this tire wear problem.

I check the rims for bends with an indicator. I have to or I will not be able to keep the SVX. The pot holes are really bad in the winter. Last year a pot hole got one of my tires,broke the side wall. Also bent two rims on holes. I have gotten tools to straighten the rims back out. The rims ARE not bent.