How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Unhappy A little incident involving my side spoiler

I was going up to the mountains this saturday through a tight road, when suddenly I faced a speedy Six wheeler truck facing me. I stopped like hell, put the reverse and pushed the gas as hard as I can. I went in reverse for around 20 meters when suddenly I heard "crack". I stopped on the side and checked the spoiler. I was truly and really of the situation: it got cracked in front of the rear right wheel. it's not really a big issue, a small crack (a vertical 3 inches crack from the bottom end till 1 inch down the beginning of my graphics. It was a medium size rock. I was pissed at first, but then cooled down when I reassured myself that I can fix it by myself
that's what I love about fiberglass, no matter how much it breaks, you can always fix it.

thanks God that f*ck!n trucker didn't even kill me !!!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:53 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Wiz Send a message via AIM to Wiz Send a message via Yahoo to Wiz
Was the road so small you could not get around him? That's crazy to have roads like that and allow big trucks on them. I hate bigrigs my self. Around here they just tend to get in the way and be slow.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:18 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

HA! come to india and see the roads there...u would be surprised a bicycle would be able to fit thru it. And oh yah im talkin about a 2 way road.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 11-29-2004, 11:39 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Danny,
glad you're okay! I'm guessing the road didn't even have a guardrail on the "down" side of the lane?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 11-29-2004, 11:53 AM
GJSVX

sounds like a close one, hope you get it fixed soon
Old 11-29-2004, 11:52 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Wiz
Was the road so small you could not get around him? That's crazy to have roads like that and allow big trucks on them. I hate bigrigs my self. Around here they just tend to get in the way and be slow.
WELCOME TO Lebanon !!! this is the major problem we are having here !!! trucks go on forbidden roads without being watched by the police !!! yesterday on our news, there was a truck accident involving an American family over here, the three kids are crushed to death under a Jordanian truck whereas the parents are suffering major injuries. I dunno if you can check it on some news (maybe CNN). My deepest condolenses guys , this is the only drawback from driving on Lebanese roads.

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:06 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXRide
Danny,
glad you're okay! I'm guessing the road didn't even have a guardrail on the "down" side of the lane?
-Bill
some of our roads (especially mountain roads) are very tight allowing only the passage of one car. those roads are not police watched, even though they are sometimes one way, some *ssh*les go the reverse way. they are no more than 10 feet wide. that was my case yesterday, but luckily I was able to go on reverse before finding a little grabble side spot where I stopped and hit the spoiler ! I was like very and started swearing on the trucker ! but what's done is done, I will fix the problem after a weeks or so (I am having now my MBA exams)...

Old 11-30-2004, 08:42 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSpear

WELCOME TO Lebanon !!! this is the major problem we are having here !!! trucks go on forbidden roads without being watched by the police !!! yesterday on our news, there was a truck accident involving an American family over here, the three kids are crushed to death under a Jordanian truck whereas the parents are suffering major injuries. I dunno if you can check it on some news (maybe CNN). My deepest condolenses guys , this is the only drawback from driving on Lebanese roads.
How are the americans visiting Lebanon? Isn't it still illegal to do so? As far as I know, you car will do a dead stop if you are running forward and put the car in reverse. Also, which part of Lebanese road are you on? I do know the crazyness though. I learnt how to drive in Jordan.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-30-2004, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

As far as I know, you car will do a dead stop if you are running forward and put the car in reverse.
wont the tranny crap on itself too?

Old 11-30-2004, 04:08 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
i think he stopped, and then threw it in reverse

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 11-30-2004, 11:53 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:

How are the americans visiting Lebanon? Isn't it still illegal to do so? As far as I know, you car will do a dead stop if you are running forward and put the car in reverse. Also, which part of Lebanese road are you on? I do know the crazyness though. I learnt how to drive in Jordan.
No it is not illegal anymore... we have a lot of Americans over here.. I did came into a dead stop and reversed my car... my trips are mostly between the capital Beirut and the Southern center in my hometown in Chouf district. I was going to Chouf when the thing happened...you were in Jordan ???

Old 11-30-2004, 11:58 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by drivemusicnow
i think he stopped, and then threw it in reverse
that's it

Old 12-01-2004, 08:14 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:

No it is not illegal anymore... we have a lot of Americans over here.. I did came into a dead stop and reversed my car... my trips are mostly between the capital Beirut and the Southern center in my hometown in Chouf district. I was going to Chouf when the thing happened...you were in Jordan ???

I lived in Jordan. My dad used to work for UNRWA. So I've been to Syria, Labanon, Jordan, Israel, Palastine etc.

I love the food in Labanon.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 12-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:

I lived in Jordan. My dad used to work for UNRWA. So I've been to Syria, Labanon, Jordan, Israel, Palastine etc.

I love the food in Labanon.
You are welcomed anytime in Leb. Seraph, If it happens and you decide to visit again Lebanon, notify me in advance and you will stay at my place, we will eat any kind of food you like, and visit lebanese historical sites, go to the mountains for hunting (if you like), dragracing civics..... (am I convincing you?). it's very fun over here....

Jordan is very expensive unlike Lebanon... really guys, if any of you decided to visit the Middle East and especially Lebanon, let me know, you are all welcomed anytime..

Old 12-02-2004, 10:41 AM

Quote:
dragracing civics.....