How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-17-2004, 07:52 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Wink Close call...

Driving home today on the interstate, I'm behind this Rescue Squad guy driving an old Chevy Suburban (I mean like 80's something looking thing)! I couldn't see around him for the life of me, and I was being tail-gated by some guy in a new Toyota Tundra along with a few other cars behind him...

We're going like 70mph, when all of a sudden the guy in the Suburban steps on his brakes...HARD! I slam on mine, and slow my car down a comfortable distance behind him (thanks to my new semi-metallic pads that newsvx installed!). However, 'tail-gater' ( ) in the Tundra can't stop on a dime and would've slammed into the back of me had he not turned left and driven off into the grassy 'ravine' in the center. Dude behind him in a white Mercedes turns sideways on the highway, while the car behind him goes completely off into the grass and gets stuck at the bottom of the ravine...

Luckily, rescue workers were nearby, as the sudden halt was caused by a tractor-trailer that overturned on a bridge on the opposite side of the highway. Seems like our side (I-64 West) was completely clear, but the hold up was caused by - you guessed it - 'rubber necking'!

'Rubber-necking' alone caused 10 additional accidents this afternoon. BTW, last I heard, no one died in the tractor-trailer accident which is great!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 06-18-2004, 06:46 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

I hate people that stare at accidents!!!! They probably cause just as much problems as the accidents themselves!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-18-2004, 07:53 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Makes my blood boil too! Terrible thing was, several drivers had parked on the shoulder and were sitting on the guard-rail watching rescue workers pull people from the wreck. One dude even had some chips & soda - like it was a picnic or something...

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
I hate people that stare at accidents!!!! They probably cause just as much problems as the accidents themselves!!!

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 06-18-2004, 08:19 AM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd
Terrible thing was, several drivers had parked on the shoulder and were sitting on the guard-rail watching rescue workers pull people from the wreck. One dude even had some chips & soda - like it was a picnic or something...
5yrs as a firefighter and EMT-B made me hate those type of people. I lost count of how many times I been in the middle of something at a fire scene and had someone come up and just start asking me questions. And I don't think my chief would have been too happy had I said "Hey, I'm a little busy here, you mind kindly getting the **** out of my way!"

But honestly, what really p***es me off are the firefighters and EMT's that are in it for that same reasons, to check out all the blood and guts and carnage. And believe me, I've met more than a few. That is the exact opposite of why people should be in the public service field, and it really affects their abilities because it takes their focus away from what matters, helping others.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)