How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-17-2004, 11:15 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Post GreenMarineSVX's update thread

Alright well I just recieved word from Shane ("gotsubarus") that the insurance adjuster is out there at his house looking at my poor SVX. At this point I am praying that I get to buy it back. I think that I should beable to but there's always that possibility. I'll keep everyone updated

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-17-2004, 11:16 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Cool! Thanks for the update. Hope things work out in your favor...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 06-17-2004, 11:21 AM

Just got off the phone with Shane again and he said that it was totaled..... More updates later....

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-17-2004, 12:00 PM

totaled?? huh?? damn i need to do some research

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Sucks that it is totalled. Hopefully you can buy it back for cheap. With all the mods you could most definitely make your money back.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 06-17-2004, 01:14 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Re: GreenMarineSVX's update thread

UM... WTF mate? I know I've been away a while, but sorry to hear that, I know I need a parts car, but I dont want one created...

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Alright well I just recieved word from Shane ("gotsubarus") that the insurance adjuster is out there at his house looking at my poor SVX. At this point I am praying that I get to buy it back. I think that I should beable to but there's always that possibility. I'll keep everyone updated
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Damn, Chris, what happened???
I know I've been busy lately, but I don't remember seeing a thread about your SVX getting wacked....
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 06-17-2004, 02:04 PM

Please don't think that I'm gonna be parting my baby out. Nope...... Nothing could make me want to do that. My baby will be bought back and rebuilt, better stronger and prettier than before. Once all that is done she will be parked and sold. I think I have a buyer but am not positive so all those people that may have been interested in a beautiful SVX get your wallets ready. within a few months she should be ready. AredubJay, here's your chance. I know there is no chance that I'll get what I wanted for it before the little bump that it took. So I'm probably gonna cut that price in half.

Old 06-17-2004, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXRide
Damn, Chris, what happened???
I know I've been busy lately, but I don't remember seeing a thread about your SVX getting wacked....
-Bill
What happened???

I know this has been a thing that alot of people have been wondering. As much as I didn't want to admit it it was all a result of me being stupid. I was up at the NASIOC meet (The Dragon) and was last in line for gas the morning that we left. I didn't want to hold everyone up so I told them to go ahead and I'd catch up. Well it turned out that I got stuck behind some really slow people (actually they were doing the speed limit) and was behind the group a good 10 miles. Well I wasn't quite sure which way I was suppose to go but I knew where I was suppose to meet everyone. So I desperatly tried to catch them. Screaming along the Cherhola skyway at rediculas speeds. But the Suspension was handeling everything perfectly. No way would a stock SVX beable to even come close to the corner speeds that I was carrying through the turns. ......................bla bla blah.......

So anyway I make it over the 5,000ft peak on the skyway and start my desent down the mountians twards Tellico Plains. There was a long straight and then a blind right hander. down the straight I remember getting into 4th gear (about 95mph). Then jumped on the brakes before the turn. I got down to speed for the turn but half way into the turn I realized that it was a decreasing radius turn with 0* of banking!!! as I steered into the turn more (trying to keep from braking while in the turn) I felt the rear tires breaking loose. out of the corner of my eye I noticed that to the left (the outside of the turn) was a guard rail and a huge drop off. after seeing this and noticing that I was in a dead slide (slide where no driver imputs really counter the slide) I panicked and hit the brakes. This stopped my outward movement and sent my nose into the inside wall at about 35mph diagional motion (not head on)... After hitting I still had enough momentum from the slide to spin a full 360 and land in the ditch with the nose facing the road. Luckely like I said, the only real damage was at the front and the Air Bags broke the wind Shield... That's it... Pics will come probably tomorrow....

So there you have it, that's my story of what happened and why I am now SVX-less... I kick myself everytime I think about that accident and how it was 100% avoidable If only I hadn't worried about getting left behind and being lost.

Old 06-17-2004, 03:15 PM

Talking

Wow, reading that account of the accident gave me a rush...until I got the the end!

-Chike

Old 06-17-2004, 07:28 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

Ditto!

Sorry about the SVX man. I've had times like that when I was driving and thinking "How in the hell am I going to make this not hurt too much." Well, take care and please don't sell it.

Keith

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 06-17-2004, 09:12 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Chris,
I'm glad you're alright....cars can be fixed a lot easier than people. So, will "Gumby" now become the "Bionic Gumby"??
-Bill
p.s. and exactly what was that turn rated at? (i.e. what was the posted speed limit?)

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 06-17-2004, 09:18 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Glad you're ok Chris.
Saw the green monster on the dragon video over on nasioc. Didn't look all that bad - I hope you can buy it back cheap and make it right again. If not - dibs on teh rims!
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:43 AM

Well thanks everyone. Like I said though matt, I can't part her out... I love her too much. I am still gonna rebuild it and when it's done it's gonna be better looking than it was the first time!!! Fresh paint will cover the chips in the bumper and over the rest of the body. After that I am still planning to sell it, however whoever ends up buying it will recieve a through introduction to this website and be encouraged to stay here.

Old 06-18-2004, 07:55 AM

That's awesome and the way it should be!

Are you going to get another SVX or move onto another Scooby? Is there an STI in your future!

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
whoever ends up buying it will recieve a through introduction to this website and be encouraged to stay here.