How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2004, 09:42 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Where'd you get it at Mike? Did you get it from Mike Sheaffer's?
Old 06-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
Where'd you get it at Mike? Did you get it from Mike Sheaffer's?
Yes. I got it from Mike Shaffer's, and he got it from Apple Subaru in York.

Mike
Old 06-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

Mike
nice shaggin' wagon, Mike! i always liked older cars that still look brand new. the WRX wheels look good on it, too.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-09-2004, 02:36 PM

Quote:

Mike
I was just there using the Larry lend a tool program. He hates working on my BRAT so he's more than happy to lend me what I need if it keeps me from bringing it in. Seriously though, if you're in the area for whatever reason he is one heck of a mechanic and to top it off HE IS CHEAP AS DIRT!
Old 06-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Superbeast

Shuweet wagon Mike! How can that thing be that clean with 180K on it? Hay I got the same wheels on mine but some how it don't look as good.

What did you do for the suspension anyway?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beaterbig.jpg (42.9 KB, 70 views)
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 06-09-2004, 09:00 PM
I'm just sayin'..........

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob

I was just there using the Larry lend a tool program. He hates working on my BRAT so he's more than happy to lend me what I need if it keeps me from bringing it in. Seriously though, if you're in the area for whatever reason he is one heck of a mechanic and to top it off HE IS CHEAP AS DIRT!
I can attest to his prices....as a matter of fact my legacy is there now getting the ac fixed and a left wheel bearing done....Larry does a great joband you truly can't beat their rates.

did you see the black svx on the side of the building ben? It had a not for sale sticker on it....I was browsing for parts for my legacy when I happened upon it.....

'95 Laguna Blue Pearl SVX L AWD
'18 Kia Stinger GT Twin Turbo - Sunset Yellow
Old 06-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by BluebyU

I can attest to his prices....as a matter of fact my legacy is there now getting the ac fixed and a left wheel bearing done....Larry does a great joband you truly can't beat their rates.

did you see the black svx on the side of the building ben? It had a not for sale sticker on it....I was browsing for parts for my legacy when I happened upon it.....
Mike told me he plans on parting out the Black SVX. Did you see the red 94 SVX behind the building? What a sorry sight!
Old 06-10-2004, 08:10 AM
0h n0es!

Send a message via ICQ to IggDawg Send a message via AIM to IggDawg
in the unlikely case that you didn't already know, bbs.legacycentral.org is the place to go for BC/BF legacies.

that one looks very good. I really miss my '93 SS . I'd love to see her sitting next to my legacies. 2 torque monsters that go through gas like it's the 70s.

-IggDawg

1992 Teal SVX LS-L 160k miles
4.11:1 final drive, K&B dropsprings, ART front rotors, stainless steel brake, aluminum underdrive crank pulley, Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712's, K&N drop-in filter. Previously owned by Alacrity024. FOR SALE

1994 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red #1659, build date 11/93, 117k miles, RIP
ECUtune stage 1, bead crush, smallcar shift kit, TB bypass, SS brake lines, silencer removed, alternator and grounding wires, Mobil1 @ 117k
Old 06-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by IggDawg
in the unlikely case that you didn't already know, bbs.legacycentral.org is the place to go for BC/BF legacies.

that one looks very good. I really miss my '93 SS . I'd love to see her sitting next to my legacies. 2 torque monsters that go through gas like it's the 70s.
I tried that forum, but they don't seem very receptive to n00b's, so I gave up.

Mike
Old 06-10-2004, 10:00 AM
Hater

Quote:

Mike
n00b!

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-10-2004, 10:08 AM
0h n0es!

Send a message via ICQ to IggDawg Send a message via AIM to IggDawg
Quote:

Mike
I'm surprised. They were pretty receptive when I joined. I think a few of the cooler members fell off the map when they blew their engines or got something a little newer. I still check in from time to time. really odd that they'd chase someone off... they struck me as a really kind community when I started there a year and change ago.

and yeah, the rex rims look nice on BC/BF legacies. I had rex rims on my black SS before I tossed on gold P7s for a while . Glad you're enjoying it. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I got quite a bit of legacy knowledge in my head before I sold mine. that's the DOHC 2.5 right?

-IggDawg

1992 Teal SVX LS-L 160k miles
4.11:1 final drive, K&B dropsprings, ART front rotors, stainless steel brake, aluminum underdrive crank pulley, Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712's, K&N drop-in filter. Previously owned by Alacrity024. FOR SALE

1994 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red #1659, build date 11/93, 117k miles, RIP
ECUtune stage 1, bead crush, smallcar shift kit, TB bypass, SS brake lines, silencer removed, alternator and grounding wires, Mobil1 @ 117k
Old 06-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Green1995SVX

I made a post about my JDM headlights, and this one guy just went crazy about how stupid i was to use JDM headlights on a US roads. Then others asked me to post pictures of the beam pattern shined on a wall, which i did, and the guy (who was obviously a long time member) went on about how little the pictures mean in reality and such. He then basically said 'put in your US headlights or you're stupid.' It all just really offended me. I think they take me for some boy ricer who knows nothing about cars because I lowered the thing. I couldnt imagine anyone here being so forwardly rude to a new member. I mean, the guy obviously feels strongly about what he's talking about, but i dont know. I took it as a sign that i just wont fit in there.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:56 PM
Multiple Suby Owner

Quote:
I made a post about my JDM headlights, and this one guy just went crazy about how stupid i was to use JDM headlights on a US roads. Then others asked me to post pictures of the beam pattern shined on a wall, which i did, and the guy (who was obviously a long time member) went on about how little the pictures mean in reality and such. He then basically said 'put in your US headlights or you're stupid.' It all just really offended me. I think they take me for some boy ricer who knows nothing about cars because I lowered the thing. I couldn't imagine anyone here being so forwardly rude to a new member. I mean, the guy obviously feels strongly about what he's talking about, but i dont know. I took it as a sign that i just wont fit in there.

Mike, I spend a lot of time over there and have followed your thread about your lights. His responses were pretty rude if you ask me.I wouldn't worry about it to much though.It usually is pretty civilized.
Actually it is worse over here most of the time.Don't run off just because of one member. Most of the members are rather young compared to the average SVX owner.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:31 AM

Quote:
I made a post about my JDM headlights, and this one guy just went crazy about how stupid i was to use JDM headlights on a US roads.

Well techincally it is illegal unless it has been approved by DOT. Maybe the guy read the artical in the current Car and Driver about the new NJ crime (stealing of headlights) and got confused.

Yeah, I picked over what was left of the red SVX outback. The only thing on it of value that I saw was the Master Cylinder. I think its gone now. The black one even with the fade would make a nice car to tear apart and build my racing project with though.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:34 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Ya trying to get rid of it Mike??

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...