How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania

Old 02-22-2004, 02:47 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Lightbulb New pics in Locker :):)

For those of you interested, I have new pics in my locker as of now... I took them today after I finished making the grounding mod... If you are interested in me making one for you, I'd be glad to!!! It turned out to be WAY cheaper than the ones that they had on E-bay... I think I made mine for about $12 or something like that... Just let me know if ya want me to make ya one... I'll do it for the price of the parts and shipping... I wouldn't charge a fellow SVXer for work...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...

Last edited by GreenMarine; 02-23-2004 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-22-2004, 03:36 PM
Shot king

Quote:
Just lie me know if ya want me to make ya one... I'll do it for the price of the parts and shipping... I wouldn't charge a fellow SVXer for work...
Hey, your a hell of a guy to make an offer like that. Lucky for me i got some 8 guage layin around so mine won't cost anything. I'll put the pice to good use tho.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Superbeast

So do you have dyno charts with the grounding mod? Is it really good for 10hp?

I suppose you'll be bringing ready to install grounding kit to Reading right?
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 02-23-2004, 07:41 AM

Sure if ya want one... I'll bring a few if some more people want them...

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 02-23-2004, 04:40 PM
The Molinator

Chris ?

What is that gizmo held by two clips on the engine side of the battery box ? Looks like an electronic gizmo (resistor?) in-line on the positive (red) cable!?

P.S. I bought a grounding kit (universal) off ebay for about $22, but $40 with S/H! It is pretty blue with a fancy wheel connector for 5 terminals >> Gonna give it a try.
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 02-23-2004, 05:06 PM

Hey I like the idea for the tattoo! I'm interested in getting a tattoo after boot camp. Just don't know what I want yet.

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 02-23-2004, 06:01 PM

Re: Chris ?

Quote:
Originally posted by James Scott
What is that gizmo held by two clips on the engine side of the battery box ? Looks like an electronic gizmo (resistor?) in-line on the positive (red) cable!?

P.S. I bought a grounding kit (universal) off ebay for about $22, but $40 with S/H! It is pretty blue with a fancy wheel connector for 5 terminals >> Gonna give it a try.

Cool let us know how it goes!!!

Old 02-23-2004, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by petesvx2
Hey I like the idea for the tattoo! I'm interested in getting a tattoo after boot camp. Just don't know what I want yet.
Best thing is dogtags... PM me your e-mail address and I'll send ya a picture of my other one... Didn't want to post it because it has my SSN# in it... Not to good to go throwing that around

Old 02-23-2004, 06:06 PM

Re: Chris ?

Quote:
Originally posted by James Scott
Honestly, I'm a little confused on that one too... I think it has something to do with the Amp that is hooked to my rear speakers... Liiks like some sort of big fuse, not a capacitor... I know just the basics about actual wiring and electircial things... I mean, I know what everything is and how to identify the things but I don't know why somethings are there... That's probably a better explanition huh doesn't make me look like as much of an idiot

Old 02-23-2004, 07:19 PM

Re: Re: Chris ?

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

Honestly, I'm a little confused on that one too... I think it has something to do with the Amp that is hooked to my rear speakers... Liiks like some sort of big fuse, not a capacitor... I know just the basics about actual wiring and electircial things... I mean, I know what everything is and how to identify the things but I don't know why somethings are there... That's probably a better explanition huh doesn't make me look like as much of an idiot
From the looks of it, it's a water-tight AGU-type fuse holder. Highly probable to be inline for the amp, as you suspected.

BTW, those fuse holders are very popular and sold with most amp kits so take what I say next with a "grain of salt". There is a drawback to water-tight AGU fuse holders as the quality of the internal connections vary wildly from poor to OK. Since they are water-tight, that also makes them heat retaining too. This effectively increases the voltage drop seen by your amp. Unless you have a tightly regulated power supply on the amp (Xtant, JL Audio, some others, most not) that means less power out to the speakers. I can't quantify this because the quality of each holder will vary. A simpler (and IMHO better) method would be to get a cheap ANL fuse holder (not waterproof - $10 to 15 - quality of connections vary from OK to best available) and fuse. I'm not sure what drives this water-proof thing on amp kit fuses, after all, the battery connections aren't water-proof....

If any of this didn't make sense and you're interested let me know, PM or otherwise.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:18 PM

Well all I want to do is make it prettier... I don't want to "F" anything up though... I may have to go to an electronics store and get them to tell me what I can do to make it look cleaner and get rid of that thing....

Old 02-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
check out www.weldingsupply.com they have 4,1 AWG wire for very cheap... while I don't think its OFC i don't think you'd that would come into play for about 10 years... in which case, probably longer the life of the car

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker