How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2004, 07:01 PM
Superbeast

It's not the cars fault that people are asses. I would say you got enemies and retaliation will probly just make it worse. You really need to find a way to find out who it is. X- girlfreind is a good place to start but chances are she's having someone do it for her so it might be hard to prove. Other than that I would try to keep you car away from his house. It may sound impratical but the vandalizm seems to be getting worse the more they get away with it. A vidio camera is a good idea and a paintball gun sounds like fun too. Oh to catch those basterds in the act, it would almost be worth them doing it.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 02-18-2004, 07:07 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
The way to go about this is to tape it and show it to the cops. If you do anything back to them, they can file charges on you too. Stay calm and cool and think clearly. Like Doug said, have your BF come over to your place as well.

Mean while, see what you can dig up about the other woman and anyone else who might hate you. I had that happened to me once (not to a SVX) Have a police report -- there are there for a reason.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 02-18-2004, 07:18 PM

catch them

Whatever you do, catch that sucker. Bait them if you have to, but get proof, pictures work well. I have been through other crap and there is nothing better than catching the person.

Put a fresh wax job on her, leave some cash or cd's visible, and wait.

Good luck.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Me thinks people are jellous and too dumb or lazy to get their own, that's part of the reason I'm driving a micro bus now, no one really cares to mess with it. Someone drove into the back of my car once and left a lisense plate frame indentation, then there was the guy that keyed the hood, fender, door, rear fender, and tail light I know who it is, but I can't prove it! He started renting the place next to where I worked and told me the street parking in front belonged to him... Then someone kicked in my drivers door! It's a good thing I dont carry a conceled weapon
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
lets just say nobody would ever want to mess with my car... EVER... and this meand YOU!!! but seriously i've made sure most of my friends know that my car is off limits, and that its not something i could deal with being f'd with

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 02-19-2004, 02:25 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
My "services" are still available.

If you are being targeted like this it won't matter what you get next, it will suffer a similar fate. My advice is to set up some surveilance, be it mechanical, digital, or biological.
Park a big nasty Rott next to it during the night and hide him in a bush.

I like petes idea.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:17 PM
StaceyVX

How much does an in-car surveillance camera cost? I'm not rich and it seems that a tape wouldn't last through the night or have enough light...I really can't have a surveillance installed at his house because, well, it's not my house.

It's irritating. His mom is now saying she doesn't think this girl would do such a thing...She's not even an ex, just an ex best friend who liked him more than that. But my thinking is, the things have just been getting worse and worse, so I'm not sure if it's just someone who's jealous of my car. It seems it's the same person.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:25 AM

You could buy a bunch of McDonalds french fries, scatter them around her car, and see how much seagull crap she receives. It would be funny to do even to a friend come to think of it.

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 02-20-2004, 12:33 AM
Sue isn't really striped

When my idiot neighbors parked one of their cars in front of my house and didn't move it for a month I was planning on putting one of those suet bird food things on their roof. Since they don't wake up before noon, I figured I'd have several hours of prime bird metabolism. The day I was planning on doing it, the cops finally came by at 6am and made them move it. Actually, I doubt they would've cared that much, but I would've had fun.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:08 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Alycone
When my idiot neighbors parked one of their cars in front of my house and didn't move it for a month I was planning on putting one of those suet bird food things on their roof. Since they don't wake up before noon, I figured I'd have several hours of prime bird metabolism. The day I was planning on doing it, the cops finally came by at 6am and made them move it. Actually, I doubt they would've cared that much, but I would've had fun.

You are evil.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 02-20-2004, 08:17 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Re: I can't stand it anymore!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by StaceyVX
It's like every few months that someone does something to my car outside of my boyfriend's house. It started out with eggs, then putting a dent on part of my trunk, and today I come out for school and what now??? A BB GUN SHOT IN MY DRIVER WINDOW. Completely shattered. This doesn't even count the things I've had to get fixed that are non-jerk related.

Maybe I'll just get a different car. I love the SVX, but if it's not someone that we know doing it, maybe it's people that are jealous of it.

Can't have anything nice...
I hate people that do that... I think that there are two types of people in the world... The types that work for what they have and are proud of thier work and the type of people that just want things but don't want to work for it... I hate those people with a passion....

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 02-20-2004, 11:54 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Hey Stacey, there is a pearly SVX down here that is just sitting in a lot... I'll ask the guy that lives there if he wants to sell it, or sell one of the windows... cool??

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 02-20-2004, 12:12 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Originally posted by Alycone
I had my SVX parked in the street- public parking- and my neighboor called the cops on me, she sait it was parked on her property and no matter what the cop said she wouldnt believe that she didn't own the street...in front of my house actually the back 1/3 was in front of her property, but it was between our driveways and the only way I could avoid it was to park it right in front of someone else's house, she thought I should do that!
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:34 PM
StaceyVX

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Hey Stacey, there is a pearly SVX down here that is just sitting in a lot... I'll ask the guy that lives there if he wants to sell it, or sell one of the windows... cool??
THanks, that's really nice of you, but I got it replaced today. $75 for the window and $50 to install. Now waiting until the next few month for something worse to happen.
Old 02-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Sue isn't really striped

Quote:
You are evil.
Hey, where I live there's some law about how long you can leave a car on the street without moving it, I think it's 48hrs. My neighbors decided to ditch their 2nd car in front of my place because it wasn't working well and they wanted to keep their garage, half their driveway and space in front of their house empty for their girlfriends. I would've just parked my car in front of their place, but they like to check my doors to see if my alarm is on at 3am and tend to throw beer bottles and fireworks off their porch.

I don't know if they'd even care about the birds, they left their widow open a few inches in NW weather.

So really, there are much worse things I could've done.