Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-03-2004, 05:24 PM

If you want to read about Erik's (MC-express) turbos, make a search for "mc express turbo"

-92 ebony black with 170k KM

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***
Old 02-03-2004, 08:05 PM

Let me throw this into the discussion. As I own a 92LS-l and a 94LSi, the 92 is quicker and has a higher top speed, I prefer to drive them when its cold ( a little help for the 4EAT). The engineered road handling & the almost flawless 3.3 engine makes us "need for speed" folks quietly happy when the "kids" jump on us, out there on the road. Now that I have mentioned "road". I am quite sure European roads are better maintained than some of ours, such as the envions of NYC.
BTW while I was growing up in NY****ty I owned five 69 Roadrunners,one GTX and 3 Challengers (two 71's & one 72) and I used to RUN them. BUT...I...REALLY like driving my SVX.....I just need to put that 5-speed (like Green Marine) swap and some taller tires in one of my SVX's so I fly down some good roads .
Old 02-03-2004, 09:19 PM
nextcubepro

Quote:
Originally posted by ramsvx
Let me throw this into the discussion. As I own a 92LS-l and a 94LSi, the 92 is quicker and has a higher top speed, I prefer to drive them when its cold ( a little help for the 4EAT). The engineered road handling & the almost flawless 3.3 engine makes us "need for speed" folks quietly happy when the "kids" jump on us, out there on the road. Now that I have mentioned "road". I am quite sure European roads are better maintained than some of ours, such as the envions of NYC.
BTW while I was growing up in NY****ty I owned five 69 Roadrunners,one GTX and 3 Challengers (two 71's & one 72) and I used to RUN them. BUT...I...REALLY like driving my SVX.....I just need to put that 5-speed (like Green Marine) swap and some taller tires in one of my SVX's so I fly down some good roads .
NY****ty? 'scuse me?
Old 02-04-2004, 06:35 AM

Didn"t mean to sept on yor home town
sensibilities. ....BUT....beening that I was born on 5th Ave across the street from Central Park went to schools elem. through 4 years of College (City University) worked in numerous labs & hospitals in the metro. area ,got married and raised kids where my Father, Grandfather are buried ,I think I have the time & grade to make a small dig a my "home town"......and NOW when I visit I have to run, from meter-maids...Towed by parking agents...beening car-jacked by ,the Shariff (for the same parking tickets) not to mention the regular car thieves, pay some rediculious tolls to travel borough to borough to travel on pot-holed highways (FDR,Cross-BX,Bklyn-Queens,Belt,LIE or the Northern or Southern state) or to sit in bumper to bumper traffic, moving 20 mph......and to think of those who have to do that....EVERY DAY..... while in my ride, that you can push to 150mph you might see the light and yearn to live free and as the movie title goes
" ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK"
Old 02-04-2004, 06:47 AM

Back on subject I usually test my speed needs when in Canada, once I briefly, got my SVX up to 155mph (260kph) and as flew past a hidden OPP, he started after me ..BUT..pulled over some kid who was trying to keep up with me
Old 02-17-2004, 11:27 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

MY DREAM RUN OUT BY MY LOCAL LANDFILL. 8 miles of uninterupted, flat, manicured roads with nothing around for miles. Only vehicles that use road are, well, people that go to the dump.

40 mph in first
75 mph in second
100- 110 mph in third
????????? mph in fourth

still running orig. tranny

all i know is that my baby just wanted more. just didn't feel like ruining the 125 mph whine from the exhaust. I had a techno CD spinning in the player and the frequencies made life beautiful. No other feeling in the world can match it. A big step up from the '90 mazda b-2200 i drove for 4 years.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:26 AM
Sold. :'-(

While still in Power mode, my '92 LS-L shifted at an indicated 122mph into 4th gear. I lifted after that, because the shift points (and how it handled up there) are all I needed to know, but she did pull hard, even up there...
Raxles front axles
Old 02-18-2004, 07:25 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Like ZAMORUSH, the cost of a ticket over 100 MPH is TOO MUCH, so I don't do that on the streets. However, I have had my '97 125 MPH at Summit Point Raceway and close to 130 MPH at Virginia International Raceway. Rock solid at those speeds, bone stock suspension.
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 02-18-2004, 07:37 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

How often do ya go to VIR???

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 02-18-2004, 08:10 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
How often do ya go to VIR???
I have only been once to help run a national Mercedes Tri-O-Rama event, this past Sept. Had the opportunity to put the SVX on the track with an excellent instructor - I had a total of about an hour's worth of track time. What a great track. 3.27 miles with 17 turns! And smooth as glass too. It is a VERY chanllenging course. Not to drive it, but to drive it fast. If one doesn't hit the apex correctly, you are in the weeds. BUT it is FUN!

Have you had the opportunit to run at VIR?
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 02-18-2004, 08:33 AM

speed

Hmmm well not to long after I bought the SVX.
Wow it is starting to hit me I've had the car a couple of years and SO want another one but $$$$$$$$$$$ is a problem

anyways back on topic. 120 almost 130 for me, I got chicken.
It wasn't the best place in the world to do what I was doing.
however it was relatively flat, just big on cops. so I was lucky
Since the tranny blew out 6 months after, I've never stressed it again like that.

Now the 1st owner was an older women. Very neat gal.
SHe said she peg it to about 120 as well and that it had PLENTY MORE TO GO. which was the same that I noticed.
the only thing, nothing could have wiped the perma grin off my face. Cause the DRIVE at speed was FLawless. Smooth, as glass not the least bit unstable in any form. TOOK forever to cost down to 80, felt like I was falling.
but as to save my brakes I made it a process of slowing down.
Now 70 feel slike I'm a granny just be bopping down the road.

SVX1999
it was fun while it lasted all VERY few mins of it
Old 02-18-2004, 01:19 PM
tancred

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
I did 130 on Dunlop SP 8000's...man they were screaming. There was plenty of gas pedal left at that point, but I ran out of road.
haha, i know how that goes, bout 135 in mine, still had a good amount of pedal to go, too scary with these snow tires....mmm...the sound of dunlops beating the pavement....THUD, WHACK, CRASH, BOOM, THWAP, THWAP, THWAP......
Old 02-19-2004, 02:49 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
no shame in backing off if you get scared.

i hit 142 one day racing a stupid ford truck before i even knew it. when i realized this (and that it was still pulling) i immediately backed off.
this was early spring before my water pump went out and before any mods.

ever since the tinkering ive been unable to pass 125. i held that speed at full throttle for about 10 seconds once, rpms sitting at about 4750. i think my TC is having trouble locking at that speed. could be a few things i need to work out.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:41 AM

I can't remember if I had the New tires or not.
the car had Dunlops hmm can't remember what type I think the 8000's replaced what I had..

The 1st owner even agreed she might have over engineered that move.. Just harsher ride. I replace them with Yoko's AVs db.
Which have been great tires. They should be at the price they want for them but hey Tires are as important as the people riding on them.. I will more then likely Replace the AVS's with More Yoko Avs db that is if they are still made..

Even though my tires were great. my common sense said hmm 135mph and problem of any kind = bigger problem.

the laws of physics are not in our favor no matter how well this car is made or how strong it may be.

A crash at that speed would certainly kill. SO yeah I got chicken.

Coming back from Indy , me and Navy recruiter were balling on down the road he must have been doing 100 to 110, took me forever to catch him.. I forget which state I was in but I know I maintained 100 even for at least an hour or so.

my thinking was if there were any cops out He was gonna fish them out before I did.. The interstate splitonce VA line came, One way went HOME the other to Norfolk , VA.. it was there we went are seperate ways. It had been a great ride , QUICK.. somewhere in TN, it came a microbust that slowed everthing down to 45 when the rain stopped I heard a VERY familiar sound.. One of the rear bearings was Toast. my only guess was the sustained 100mph in conjuction with the sudden rain...

This car was made for 100mph speeds, it rides, handles and just eats the road up too well. Had perma grin then too. The bearings, mmmm lets not talk about them...

~SVX1999
Happy drive'n
Old 02-19-2004, 09:18 AM
The One

Send a message via AIM to mranderson
i got mine to 120. Then later down the road the blue lights came. got me at 94 in a 55. Thank goodness he didnt get the 120.

Thank goodness my dad is a retired cop. Got it down to 2 points and a 25 dollar fine. But thats the last time i have ever gone over the limit. My dad said once more and nor more subie. Granted im 18 and own the car but im sure that he would find a way. So now i obbey the limits.