Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 01-21-2004, 10:12 PM
How fast is fast?

Send a message via AIM to Bxsvx
Got the svx running but....

Hey everyone, I got my svx running , I posted"broken timing idler" It was a pretty major problem but I just rethreaded the hole and it worked fine.(hope it lasts long). I would like to thank everyone to there replies to that post and a big Thank you to John(svx_commuter) who helped out alot.

My car is running great and smooth, but I still have the same problem as before, it would shut off at a stop sign or like a red light, I searched the forum, I cleaned the throttle body, I am going to clean the idle control motor, and vaccum connections(check valves and everything). I would actually do it this week but its sort of below 0 degrees, but I love my svx so much that I was working in my yard through frigid weather for 5 hours(15 degrees, I love my svx to much, girlfriend hates me,lol)

I also have another problem. I took out the instrument cluster(3 months ago) to put in red bulbs(experimentation) then I noticed a couple of lights not coming on when the key is turned on. These lights are: air bag, steering, I dont know if the fuel gauge is supposed to come on but it does when the gas is empty. I dont understand why they just stopped working. It's been a while now, like 3 months or so. I know that those lights used to come on, the bulbs are fine, i'm not sure about the fuel one though( I forgot).

I also read in the forum that the mirror switch is supposed to light up? mine doesnt work? and also my defog and all those lights on the cluster work sometimes, banging helps. (I love lights). Oh and one more thing I noticed I used a electronic component cleaner from radio shack to clean the tps and mass air flow and I GREATLY saw a improvement in gas mileage.

Sorry everyone for the long post, but i'm addicted to the network and my svx. I must come online everyday just for the forums. Take care everyone.

Last edited by Bxsvx; 01-21-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:21 AM
TorG0d

My car is running great and smooth, but I still have the same problem as before, it would shut off at a stop sign or like a red light, I searched the forum, I cleaned the throttle body, I am going to clean the idle control motor, and vaccum connections(check valves and everything).

Check the vacuum hose that is underneath the intake manifold on the passneger side front, should be straight back in between the power steering fluid reservoir and the alternator. Mine was doing the same thing when that hose hardened and cracked off. I think it has something to do with the "choke" (anybody want to correct me on this?)
Old 01-23-2004, 10:27 AM
How fast is fast?

Thanks for the reply, I do hear a hissing sound but can't find from where. I am going to check the hose you talked about, and also I have a vaccum diagram.

Can anyone help me with the dash problem? or lights problem???
Old 01-24-2004, 08:36 AM
How fast is fast?

Unhappy

any one there? its getting kinda lonely. The svx is scared
Old 01-24-2004, 08:48 AM
6evil9

hey man
what was your problem? rough idle and car dies on lights?
you still have not fixed that?
Old 01-24-2004, 11:05 AM
How fast is fast?

Unhappy

No, I couldnt its to cold out here in NY. It should be one of hoses as Torgod mentioned. But some Dash lights dont work. Thanks for the reply