Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-25-2002, 07:41 AM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Y to the LO in Scottsdale

Went to a car show in Scottsdale this weekend. Found a yell OH! SVX. Actually, I parked and he found me. Anyway, he had some nice racing seats in it, amarillo paint, and a VERY nicely done silver pearlish paint on the interior (woodgrain parts). Also had the indiglo guages. Finally, he had the center grille removed and replaced with mesh, and a set of projector fog lights installed behind the mesh. He also had some exhaust work, but I can't remember what he said. All I know is that he had the tips off because one of them was touching the bumper and melting it. Anyway, it was really nice. Inside was incredibly clean. Now I'm gonna have to get mine all cleaned up so that it looks good next time I go. I'll always have that pesky paintless spoiler making it look neglected (it's NOT neglected!!).
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 11-25-2002, 08:24 AM
Hater

how did he deal with the "light up" labels for the climate controls with the custom painted trim? i'd love to do something to the fake wood, but don't want to lose my light up CC labels

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 11-25-2002, 10:26 AM

hmmmm

Didn't notice. He may have just painted over them. I dunno. It looked too good to worry about those kinds of details I'm assuming he just painted over them. Ohhhhh, just thinking about how clean that interior was...mmmmmmm. Must detail caaaaar...*drool* I'm planning on going back to the show after I have my DynoMax resonator installed, so I'll get the interior all cleaned up, and I'll get the exterior all detailed. Gotta keep that SVX lookin good...let people know it's fo real! Or something like that. I forgot...he also had x-drilled rotors, but they weren't on yet, and he had hood pins. It was Black on yellow with a yellow spoiler. Also had 3 spoke chrome rims. Can't remember if it had a tint or not.
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

Old 11-25-2002, 11:40 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

So will he be dropping by?
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 11-25-2002, 12:49 PM

ummmm

I'm assuming you mean dropping by the network. Probably not. He says he comes here sometimes, but that he doesn't really have time for it. He's doin' fine without it though. Has tons of SVX parts to keep his baby going, and plenty of aftermarket stuff. He's also a body shop guy, so he's able to keep the exterior looking good. I wouldn't expect to see him here.

Old 11-25-2002, 03:42 PM
AbdominalSnoman

so does the black over yellow look good? I always thought that this was the best car ever to possibly look good in yellow. When I mentioned that my first few posts here I was quickly told to duck as that is not well received here.
Old 11-25-2002, 05:52 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
how did he deal with the "light up" labels for the climate controls with the custom painted trim? i'd love to do something to the fake wood, but don't want to lose my light up CC labels
Would you like the matte grey trim? I like the wood better.

Mike
Old 11-25-2002, 06:01 PM

It looked good

It wasn't matte gray. It was silver with a clearcoat. He used a silver exterior paint (since he works at a body shop). Very glossy, very shiny (from what I saw. It was night time, though). I don't like my wood grain because it's very dull and obviously fake. At least with the silver paint, it looks like what it is...painted plastic. With the fake wood grain, it just looks kinda cheesy. Plus, it accents the gray leather and suede very nicely. Looked better than the brushed aluminum.

I thought the yellow on black looked good, but I thought the spoiler should've been black too. It was kinda wierd looking with the black trunk and a yellow spoiler. But what I think doesn't matter. He liked it.

Old 11-25-2002, 06:14 PM
Green1995SVX

Mat-

did you change your screen name or something? I never see you on IM anymore.

mike
Old 11-25-2002, 06:22 PM
hotshoe50

dash coverings

Hi

I love carbon fiber!!!!

Anybody has any experience with the "motorsports" kit...

My fake wood is really faded and obviously not the real deal: besides I like c/f MUCH better!

Hotshoe
Old 11-25-2002, 11:55 PM

Where in Texas was this? Almost sounds like SmokinSVX (I think that's his name, brain cells quickly dying and can't remember). If I remember correctly he had a lot of extra parts for the car, was well connected in the aftermarket industry and also worked in a body shop. Did the car have NO2? Last I remember he had installed a NO2 system but was talking about removing it.

Keith
Old 11-26-2002, 06:57 AM

Mike - I only have internet access at work, so no IM

Everybody else - I haven't had any experience with the motorsports carbon fiber kit. I don't like the carbon fiber look. It's pretty pricey too. Also, the SVX was in Arizona, not Texas. The guy's name was Rob. No NO2, but he did say he had seen a turbo SVX there. Maybe I'll get to see it some time.