Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Some people have mentioned that the u-joints on the steering shaft get stiff and make steering difficult.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:04 PM
How fast is fast?

Send a message via AIM to Bxsvx
sounds like a thought, but I think its still related in the electrical circuit, because my steering indicator came on and just vanished, and erased itself
Old 10-08-2006, 10:42 AM
How fast is fast?

whats the voltage at the valve wires? im reading 0 volts on both
Old 10-08-2006, 05:30 PM
How fast is fast?

Solved!!!!

ok, well i was getting frustrated so i swapped the ecu, that didnt work, then i thought let me run the valve wiring directly with the battery, it first didnt work then i switched the connections and BAMMM it worked. I didnt leave it on to long because i thought maybe the valve only needs 5 volts not more than 12 so i dont want to blow it, then i tried to put it in line with the steering pressure sensor, no good. so then i didnt want to keep it running direct so i insisted on finding the problem, so thanks to Randy with his wonderful power steering diagram, i found the brown red wire, which gets power from the fuse box, so i read it with a voltmeter at the fuse box, its around 13 volts, i read it again at the power steering computer 2 volts, im like is this the only brown red wire, because at this point with the thousands of wires near the ecu im thinking maybe theres 2 different brown red wires, so i jump it, a wire from the fuse box to the power steering computer, and BAMM it works!!!!! so I cut out that wire and run another wire, and now it works. Thanks to Randy, Both Toms, earthworm and dcb and my new friend Keith from PA who works on svx's, now its time for the bearings,ebrake, ignition bolts, mount and oil leak. Not bad for a 14 year old car