Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 03-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Bipa

Int'l Subaru meet in Germany

Hey there... I just found out the date has been set for the big Subaru meet in Germany this year.

29th - 30th April, 2006
D-72116 Mössingen-Talheim
at the Heinz Allrad Center (Subaru Dealership)

Last year I missed it, and my Swiss friends were there with 5 SVXs! Hoping to get more SVXs there this year.

Info will be updated in this thread in English:
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=489983

or German info to be posted soon here: (not there yet, just checked)
http://www.subarufreunde.com/

Cheers!

Vera
Old 03-21-2006, 09:56 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Sounds like the perfect excuse to visit the autobahns!

Any chance of some high speed runs, solely for experimental purpose you see, of making footage from the passenger seat of what the legal top speed of an SVX would be?

Not that I am suggesting this at all!

*grinning like a loon*

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Bipa

Heck, I do those sorts of "experimental runs" any time traffic and weather allows and I'm feeling rambunctious. I'm on the autobahn usually a couple of times a week, and about once a month I do a 150+km run down to the in-laws & extended family. That's when I go through a couple of unlimited speed stretches

That "legal top speed" you're talking about is basically as fast as you and your car can handle, assuming you are in an unlimited speed zone of course. Otherwise it really is important that speed limits be observed here in Germany, since they are pretty quick in taking away drivers licenses.

So... you coming over?
Old 03-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Bipa

The organizers have set up a web site for the German Int'l meet here:
http://www.subaru-event.de/

Heinz Garage has put up photos from the 2004 meet. My car is in one of the pics since I was there! (hint: got to scroll down a bit)
http://www.allrad-heinz.de/event.htm
(errr.. mine is the brighter red - mica ruby, not the other one)

Arrangements have been made for folks that need/want to stay overnight. Since the web site is German only, here's a brief overview in English.

Cheap night's stay at the local town sports hall about 5 minutes walk from where the meet will be held. It is heated and has toilet and shower facilities. Cost is only 7 euro / night. Please bring camping mattress and sleeping bag.

There's also limited room for tents to be set up at/near the site. But please let the folks there know ahead of time, otherwise there might not be any space left if you just show up.

For those willing to spend a bit more, the web site has listed three hotels in the area: Hotel Garni in Mössingen, Land Hotel Mühlberg and Gasthaus Hirlinger.

I can recommend the Hotel Garni since I've stayed there. Not fancy, but you get a clean room with private toilet and bath/shower. Best part is its location right next to a small local brewery.
http://www.hotel-garni-moessingen.de/

Web sites for the other two:
http://www.landhotel-muehlberg.de/
http://www.gaestehaus-hirlinger.de/

Program Highlights:

Sat 29 April:

- Display of "Young and Oldtimer" cars
- a contest around 18:00 for the six best (prettiest?) Subarus with awards given Sunday
- rating or ranking of 3 Turbo and 3 non-Turbo cars
- a trophy will be given to the top three
- 3 euro entry fee
- also awards for the oldest driver, and for who came the farthest (not sure if you have to have driven your Subaru down )
- evening - either live music or a DJ (not confirmed yet)
- lots of German beer!

Sun 30 April:

err.... white sausage breakfast for everyone who is still fit and on their feet
- display of cars continues
- awards ceremony
- more music and more beer

- in the hall and tent there will be music, videos and even play stations set up for kids all weekend long

So that's the roundup. Hope to see more SVX's there this year.

Last edited by Bipa; 03-22-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Hi Vera

I just love that mica ruby and black combination. Beautiful colour.

I used to own a claret and black like the other one, and at some time I remember calling it guinness over shiraz.

It's an Irish thing

I would love to go for this, but can't. My car is still not out of the blocks, and I have too many other events lined up to slim down the wallet.

Maybe next year.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 03-22-2006, 06:21 PM
Bipa

Quote:
I just love that mica ruby and black combination. Beautiful colour.
I love it, too!
a better pic of my car

Barring any unforseen disasters, I'll be at the meet this year with a digital camera so hopefully will have some nice SVX pics to post afterwards.

Cheers!
Vera
Old 04-10-2006, 05:57 AM

I don't think that I will be able to make it (too much on at present) but glad to hear that you are setting the pace.

At present, it is taking every rational bone in my body to try and convince myself that (work permitting) it is better to try other cars here that I could never afford back home (they are so cheap in the UK!) than buy an SVX but then for many years, I have dreamed of what it would have been like to take SVX-33H (my old SVX) onto a delimited road, have 'Rock Me Amadeus' on the CD, shift into D and then nail it as I passed the delimited sign and not back off - I can only imagine the howl of that engine at it climbed toward 240kph+

*bang bang bang - must...not...think....of SVXing!!*

Hmmm....just looking at that....240kph - I think they maxed out at 247?

A McLaren F1 will top 390! Barely comprehensible!!

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 04-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsvx
At present, it is taking every rational bone in my body to try and convince myself that (work permitting) it is better to try other cars here that I could never afford back home (they are so cheap in the UK!) than buy an SVX
Don't do it James!

JamSupra and JamSkyline don't sound right, and Jam300ZX is just plain wrong.

Maybe JamPajero?
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 04-10-2006, 08:35 AM

JamSkoda! Now that has a ring to it!!

I am behind the times - you now have two SVX's!

I see that autotrader has the same ones time after time (and some have been on there for so long!)

Is there anywhere else that I should be looking?

Thanks

JamLada

Old 04-11-2006, 07:48 AM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsvx
I don't think that I will be able to make it (too much on at present) but glad to hear that you are setting the pace.

At present, it is taking every rational bone in my body to try and convince myself that (work permitting) it is better to try other cars here that I could never afford back home (they are so cheap in the UK!) than buy an SVX but then for many years, I have dreamed of what it would have been like to take SVX-33H (my old SVX) onto a delimited road, have 'Rock Me Amadeus' on the CD, shift into D and then nail it as I passed the delimited sign and not back off - I can only imagine the howl of that engine at it climbed toward 240kph+

*bang bang bang - must...not...think....of SVXing!!*

Hmmm....just looking at that....240kph - I think they maxed out at 247?

A McLaren F1 will top 390! Barely comprehensible!!
Too bad you can't make it. But I understand it is a little far away from you.

Definitely not maxed out at 247 since we've gotten up to 255 with ours on the autobahn. There have been a few threads about actual and theoretical top speeds. There was the SVX Thread of World Records in General Babble which you might find interesting. Mod Mania had a thread about Theoretical top speeds with a 4.11 geared 5speed.

Better not to start a conversation about top speeds, because it makes the moderators twitchy But nothing wrong in looking through what has already been posted, eh?

Those F1 cars never seem all that fast on TV, but after we got better rated tires and Hubby decided to start driving faster, I've developed a lot more respect for those race cars and drivers. Must be a little insane, but then again they are on closed tracks where all participants are talented professionals.

Much of the summer we end up crawling along the autobahn at 40-60 kph due to road construction.

If you want to see a few other SVX's currently for sale, how about a German one? There are currently 20 listed for sale at www.mobile.de ranging in price from 3,500 euro up to 10,000.

You can also find 17 SVX's for sale at http://www.autoscout24.de/ . Price varies from 1,900 euro up to 12,500
(They've also got 212 Lada's for sale )

Cheers!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: