IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Quote:
It would have been nice to have been contacted by at least one of the moderators...to explain in some detail specifically why this thread was closed! ["Increased Gas Mileage!...and Performance!"] I was able to take the heat!

It appears that the "neg-os" won out...how sad that I didn't get a chance to at least answer them "publicly"...now the "negativity of the dark-side prejudiced comments ..will appear justifiable!"....SAD!..YIKES!

Very intelligent people can be easily confused when prejudiced! [The Bible says "professing themselves to be wise..they became fools".] Well...at any rate, Earthworm (and possibly other rational members) will be able to try the product ..VIA FREE SAMPLES FROM ME..as soon as I receive more! May the scientific (un-paranoids) win out..in the end!
Quote:
Can you please explain your note here....I'm a little dense I guess? Start what?...What whole story?

To be frank,...the absurd..and inaccurate...and overwhelming negativity is difficult to deal with here! Enough is enough! If you think my original omission was inapproriate, ..the amount...extent ...and degree of mean sarcastic comments were way beyond the call of duty! Like I said, I could answer them all..but I have a life beyond trying to uplift a group of misinformed pile-on self-proclaimed global thread critics (ha), so I hadn't got back to y'all before you closed the topic!

I hope we, as a group (all of us), can pick ourselves up...and now take an objective view...whereby those who want to try the product along with Earthworm (as I am), can receive some free samples as I promised..to see empirically what the product really does! Remember, the company claims BETTER PERFORMANCE, DECREASED EMISSIONS...and BETTER GAS MILEAGE. It would be great if someone thought they had an emissions problem going into an impending smog check test...to see if the product helped..? Or..If someone had recent detailed emissions specs on their SVX..to get comparativevalues. Remember, BioPerformance also claims the average increase in gas mileage is 18% to 22% (with no promises of any partcular increase, of course). THIS AVERAGE INCREASE IS STATED ON THE E.P.A. REGISTRATION! Lastly, performance of course would be a subjective evaluation by each participant.

I will await to hear from Earthworm and any other interested member to check this out as scientifically as we can. [PM, email or call]

Don't misinterpret my comments above. I have appreciated this website for years!....with tens of hours of participation..on many, many occasions! Certainly, some of you are familiar with me (especially 1 to 3 years ago), as I am with you!
Quote:
I understand, my friend...We all need to be true to our inner voice...HUH?
Quote:
I don't eat Spam...I'm a vegetarian!...but one of my assistants does! She loves it!

YOU GUYS really need to attend a seminar by Tony Robbins..... I'm afraid if you don't stop dabbling in the Darkside..and have a more positive outlook.....the Evil One may just consume you!
Quote:
The PACKAGE DEALS are cheaper....send for a price list!...I would order the PACKAGE where Tony actually COMES TO YOUR HOUSE!

...Sorry , but Im still trying to figure out if your a salesman, an evangelist, or just insulting everyone.
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 02-13-2006, 04:13 AM
The Molinator

Don't Worry!

Robert!....I think David is a big boy and can handle this himself! He PM'd me with his address....PLEASE LET HIM DO HIS OBJECTIVE TRIAL WITHOUT FURTHER UNNECESSARY HARRASSMENT...OK!? BTW, there are others who want and will receive samples of the BioPerformance Fuel pills...BUT..I WILL REFRAIN FROM RELEASING THEIR NAMES FOR FEAR THEY WILL BE COERCED TO THE DARKSIDE....OR WORSE YET BLACK-LISTED IN PUBLIC HERE! I HATE TO GIVE YOU NAY-SAYERS MORE INTERNAL CHAOS....but...I have now gotten the following increases in gas mileage personally:

1st TANKFUL: 11%

2nd TANKFUL: 5.8%

3rd TANKFUL: 12.4%

4th TANKFUL: 33.2%

I look forward to at least a few of you determining your own objective analysis of the BioPerformance pills!

P.S. Eric...I love the photo...a class act touch! [Also, the answer to your question is "Yes!"]...HA!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!

Last edited by James Scott; 02-13-2006 at 04:28 AM.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:43 PM
<<<Alcyone

1200+ miles in the last two weeks, that's a lot of driving!

I have an uncle who lives "up in the mountains" near Fresno so I'm somewhat familiar with the type or commuting possible in your area.

Were all of these tanks consistantly the same type of driving? A cruise down to LA would yield much different results than commuting around the local back roads or popping down to Round Table for a pizza and a pitcher of your favorite frosty beverage.

There was one person on the forums who used to talk about his 100+ mile daily commute and that was all the driving he did in his SVX. That's the type of driver you need to find to do a real test. Day in, day out, same road, no side trips to the store, etc.

Also, make sure your testers are in a state where they can pump their own gas so they know the tanks are always filled to the same point. Up here in Oregon, we drivers can't be trusted to handle such a hazardous material, so we never know how full our tanks really are. Some 'pumpers' will stop when the nozzle first clicks off, others will force another gallon in . . .

Good Luck,
Dan
Old 02-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Yes I will take one for the team.

Since I'm extremely curious/skeptical in general I'll try these and report factual results. If my engine blows up we'll all know to stay away.

The main reason I'm doing this is because James has been on this site long enough and I don't like seeing people's reputation get dragged through the mud. (anyone remember Astralbody? )
Old 02-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
...Sorry , but Im still trying to figure out if your a salesman, an evangelist, or just insulting everyone.
I am trying to figure out what your point is, or are you just trying to insult someone?

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 02-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

[QUOTE=James Scott]Robert!....I think David is a big boy and can handle this himself! He PM'd me with his address....PLEASE LET HIM DO HIS OBJECTIVE TRIAL WITHOUT FURTHER UNNECESSARY HARRASSMENT...OK!?
QUOTE]

David responded on a positive note on being the trial guy.

Therefore:
I stand corrected and will back away.

Sorry if I offended.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 02-18-2006, 04:37 AM
The Molinator

Update!

I just deleted a long post TWICE....driving conditions.....6 tank increase figures....I'M PISSED

later guys...it's 3:36 am here! sorry.

good news coming....
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Old 02-18-2006, 04:41 AM
The Molinator

UPDATE.....gas mileage...

I FOUND IT...HERE IT IS:

Just wanted to answer one comment regarding type of driving done (OBVIOUSLY A BIG FACTOR IN EVALUATING THE INCREASE OR IMPROVEMENT IN GAS MILEAGE!) ....and to give you up-to date figures for my SVX:

Tank 1: 11.0% ^ increase [country roads, some city]
2: 5.8% ^ [some country roads, mainly city]
3: 12.4% ^ [half country, half city]
4: 33.2% ^ [90% highway, 10% city]
5: 14.0% ^ [20% highway, 80% city]
6: 12.0% ^ [20% mountain highway, 80% lost in residential area - driving around "in circles" for 40 minutes...HA!]

The TOTAL AVERAGE (total miles/total gals gas) is: 15%

The best way for you who want to try the BioPerformance fuel pills to check your gas mileage...is over "terrain" YOU CAN REPEAT after putting the pills in! One analytical friend is still compliling his mileage figures for HIGHWAY and CITY...which of course is a good idea.

It's impossible to make a perfect test....BUT CERTAINLY A SUBSTANTIAL INCREASE (of say, more than 10%)...ESPECIALLY ON MULTIPLE TANKS LIKE I DID...IS A VERY GOOD INDICATOR. [Of course, once you get a few good results...you don't have to put so much effort into your compilations! Certainly...the fact that ALL tanks showed an increase to me was remarkable...because I know that at least once...I drove in conditions worse than my baseline mileage check (mileage before adding ANY fuel pills)! You'd expect at least one DECREASE!!! At any rate, I'm sold...but of course looking for good news from other cars...and drivers also!

Should have some fuel pills to send very soon! Be Patient...

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ENERGY INVESTED...WE'LL SEE...HUH?
Old 02-18-2006, 05:16 AM
<<<Alcyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Scott
I FOUND IT...HERE IT IS:

Just wanted to answer one comment regarding type of driving done (OBVIOUSLY A BIG FACTOR IN EVALUATING THE INCREASE OR IMPROVEMENT IN GAS MILEAGE!) ....and to give you up-to date figures for my SVX:

Tank 1: 11.0% ^ increase [country roads, some city]
2: 5.8% ^ [some country roads, mainly city]
3: 12.4% ^ [half country, half city]
4: 33.2% ^ [90% highway, 10% city]
5: 14.0% ^ [20% highway, 80% city]
6: 12.0% ^ [20% mountain highway, 80% lost in residential area - driving around "in circles" for 40 minutes...HA!]

The TOTAL AVERAGE (total miles/total gals gas) is: 15%
I still see there are some numbers missing . . . Tank 0?

How about showing your actual mpg along with the number of miles driven on each tank? If you're not driving enough miles between fill ups to put at least 12 gallons in, do you really think the numbers are useful?

Dan
Old 02-19-2006, 06:51 AM
The Molinator

BASELINE Gas Mileage......

OK!......baseline was 18.27 miles per gallon (20% city, 80%country):

You can multiply the percentages (+ 100%) to get each specific MPG figure. For example, Tank 1 is (11 + 100)% X 18.27 = 20.27%.

To answer your question...I don't think it matters alot how many gallons of gas you figure at a time, but obviously statistically you will get more reliability to your result with a larger number of gallons checked (especially because of terrain diversity)! [That's why I gave you the TOTAL 75 gallon result figure!] Again, I think it's very interesting that I didn't get a DECREASE in gas mileage last Wednesday when I got lost in the mountains, trying to locate my "reclusive" friends in their backwoods home....HA! I Literally spent 40 minutes circling (and backing up alot in tight spots) around the area before I found their place! Expecting to get a DECREASE in mileage for at least that section (few gallons) of the tank....I decided to fill-up and check it! Hence, the small number of gallons for the 6th tank!:

T miles gallons MPG increase

1 278.6 13.745 20.27 11.0%

2 289.5 14.981 19.33 5.8%

3 278.3 13.551 20.54 12.4%

4 295.9 12.161 24.33 33.2%

5 299.0 14.361 20.82 14.0%

6 111.1 5.4340 20.46 12.0%

T 1552.4 74.233 20.91 14.5% AVERAGE

I hope this helps you...and the others here.

I'll let you know when my pills arrive! THANKS!

Last edited by James Scott; 02-19-2006 at 07:07 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:25 PM
<<<Alcyone

Now no one can claim you're playing with the numbers because they are all there!

I guess you're not a former Enron accountant after all . . .

Dan