How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-31-2002, 06:24 PM
wolfcj

Mechanic in Michigan?

Can anyone recommend a good shop for SVX service in Michigan? Thanks.
Old 03-31-2002, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Thumbs up I've had good luck with Hodges

They are a Subaru only dealership in Ferndale, MI. They are located on Woodward just north of 9 Mile Rd.

Glad to see another MI member. Welcome.

Todd
Old 03-31-2002, 07:50 PM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: Mechanic in Michigan?

Quote:
Originally posted by wolfcj
hey, your in East Lansing too? we can have a mini meet

But there's williams auto world, kinda on the expensive side. then if you go down kalamazoo there's foreign auto, right across the street from napa, they have done awsome work on my porsche in the past for a very good price. that's where the previous owner took my svx. Then there's Foreign Car Repair, in that area, if you were to go on Kzoo then turn on the street towards the wendies by frandor.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Mechanic in Michigan?

Quote:
I'm not really sure where East Lansing is, but i do have a recommendation. Ann Arbor Subaru seems to have a very good service department. I haven't yet had any of my cars serviced there, but I have stopped by several times with questions or to pick up parts. Every Subaru owner I'ver talked to, who has had service performed at their shop, has been very pleased with them. As a litmus test, I asked them what a transmission rebuild would cost me. Their figure of $2800 was pretty low for a dealer.

They seem to really know what they're talking about and I plan to have them work on the SVX very soon.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 04-01-2002, 07:15 AM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: Re: Mechanic in Michigan?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I'm not really sure where East Lansing is, but i do have a recommendation. Ann Arbor Subaru seems to have a very good service department. I haven't yet had any of my cars serviced there, but I have stopped by several times with questions or to pick up parts. Every Subaru owner I'ver talked to, who has had service performed at their shop, has been very pleased with them. As a litmus test, I asked them what a transmission rebuild would cost me. Their figure of $2800 was pretty low for a dealer.

They seem to really know what they're talking about and I plan to have them work on the SVX very soon.
how can you live in ann arbor and not know where east lansing is!
Old 04-01-2002, 07:21 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Mechanic in Michigan?

Quote:
Originally posted by EverclearAtMSU

how can you live in ann arbor and not know where east lansing is!
How about this for an answer:

I've never been there.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 04-01-2002, 07:27 AM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mechanic in Michigan?

Quote:

How about this for an answer:

I've never been there.

hmmm, I dont think I can accept that answer Just because of the little rivalry thing we've got going on. Unless your not into college sports, inwhich case that answer becomes acceptible

but it's the the north of you...just think state capital. Bah, for that reason you should know where it is! lol Think capital city of Michigan According to playboy MSU Library is one of the top 10 places to pick up hot chicks, maybe that will give you some insentive to come visit.

Oh wait, your married aren't you forget i said that
Old 04-01-2002, 07:39 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mechanic in Michigan?

Quote:

hmmm, I dont think I can accept that answer Just because of the little rivalry thing we've got going on. Unless your not into college sports, inwhich case that answer becomes acceptible

but it's the the north of you...just think state capital. Bah, for that reason you should know where it is! lol Think capital city of Michigan According to playboy MSU Library is one of the top 10 places to pick up hot chicks, maybe that will give you some insentive to come visit.

Oh wait, your married aren't you forget i said that
Rivalry thing? Hmmm...uh...okay.

Alright, I looked up Lansing on Mapquest. Ann Arbor Subaru is probably of no use to someone in that town, unless they're desperate.

No, I have no interest in college sports. Sorry. Every so often the UofM students go nuts here and I can't come downtown when there's a football game (my office is almost on campus), but that's about all I know.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 04-01-2002, 07:44 AM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mechanic in Michigan?

Quote:

Rivalry thing? Hmmm...uh...okay.

Alright, I looked up Lansing on Mapquest. Ann Arbor Subaru is probably of no use to someone in that town, unless they're desperate.

No, I have no interest in college sports. Sorry. Every so often the UofM students go nuts here and I can't come downtown when there's a football game (my office is almost on campus), but that's about all I know.
I've never been to the ann arbor subaru, no real need. I get lost everytime I go there, so maybe one day i'll get lost and run into it

heh, try having an office on campus, 2 blocks away from the stadium, and the stupid people park in your spot. at least msu is good about towing people that do that call them and 10 min later your spot is free.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:47 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mechanic in Michigan?

Quote:

I've never been to the ann arbor subaru, no real need. I get lost everytime I go there, so maybe one day i'll get lost and run into it

heh, try having an office on campus, 2 blocks away from the stadium, and the stupid people park in your spot. at least msu is good about towing people that do that call them and 10 min later your spot is free.
Ann Arbor Subaru isn't really in town. It's on Jackson Road just west of the city, so it's hard to get lost going there.

But I do know what you mean by getting lost in Ann Arbor. On my first day of work here, it snowed almost a foot. I spent an hour trying to get out of town. Every time I had an exit plan it was foiled by an accident or stuck car blocking my way.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 04-01-2002, 07:53 AM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mechanic in Michigan?

Quote:

Ann Arbor Subaru isn't really in town. It's on Jackson Road just west of the city, so it's hard to get lost going there.

But I do know what you mean by getting lost in Ann Arbor. On my first day of work here, it snowed almost a foot. I spent an hour trying to get out of town. Every time I had an exit plan it was foiled by an accident or stuck car blocking my way.
we talk to much on here while were supposed to be doing work All I know is they got a a new computer, and all I've done w/ it is talk to people, watch movies and burn cds. It has no benifit towards my productivity
Old 04-01-2002, 08:15 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mechanic in Michigan?

Quote:

we talk to much on here while were supposed to be doing work All I know is they got a a new computer, and all I've done w/ it is talk to people, watch movies and burn cds. It has no benifit towards my productivity
I'm in a creative job and I require...uh...occasional distraction...yeah, that's it...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 04-01-2002, 08:53 AM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mechanic in Michigan?

Quote:

I'm in a creative job and I require...uh...occasional distraction...yeah, that's it...
riiiight, and I'm in a job that requires me to keep my sanity, so frequent distractions are part of the job
Old 04-01-2002, 06:15 PM
wolfcj

Re: Re: Mechanic in Michigan?

Quote:

hey, your in East Lansing too? we can have a mini meet

But there's williams auto world, kinda on the expensive side. then if you go down kalamazoo there's foreign auto, right across the street from napa, they have done awsome work on my porsche in the past for a very good price. that's where the previous owner took my svx. Then there's Foreign Car Repair, in that area, if you were to go on Kzoo then turn on the street towards the wendies by frandor.
Actually, I know of at least five SVX's in the area. How long have you had yours? The only black one I see regularly belonged to a professor of geography.

On Kalamazoo, there's University Foreign Auto and East Side Foreign Car Clinic ablock from each other. Which one were you thinking of? On Homer (the street that goes up to Wendy's), there's German Automotive, but I can't figure out anything with "foreign" in the name.
Old 04-01-2002, 09:00 PM
EverclearAtMSU

Re: Re: Re: Mechanic in Michigan?

Quote:

Actually, I know of at least five SVX's in the area. How long have you had yours? The only black one I see regularly belonged to a professor of geography.

On Kalamazoo, there's University Foreign Auto and East Side Foreign Car Clinic ablock from each other. Which one were you thinking of? On Homer (the street that goes up to Wendy's), there's German Automotive, but I can't figure out anything with "foreign" in the name.
I've had mine for a few months. I know that black one your talking about, then there's some really old lady that drives a burgendy one. Then the guy at williams drives a red one. And I've seen one green on parked at UPS. Mine used to be parked infront of morrill on a daily basis, now it's over by fee in the faculty lot.

I'm thinking the university, it's right across the street from NAPA, like if your going down Kzoo towards lansing, it's on the right, a few blocks down from Mifflin.