Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-08-2005, 10:38 AM
fl_svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red SVX 92
Just to let you know, SC300 owners are as fanatical, if not more so; they have the N/A Supra engine, and there's more than a few SC300s running around with either the turbo Supra engine or a turbo kit. Their interior is as nice, if not nicer, than the SVX, they're RWD, and lots of Supra parts bolt on directly to those cars. Plus, at least a few of those cars came with sticks from the factory
Ah, I have no doubt what you say it true, for all the reasons noted. The major difference between an SVX fanatic and a Lexus, nee Toyota one is clear to me. A person who buys an SVX wants an SVX, not a hopped up anything. With the exception of not having a 5-speed available, what else would you what to do to an SVX? A turbo? Why? You already have 230 hp working for you on an understressed engine. Truly they are birds of a different feather. A hopped up Lexus is no longer a Lexus but a hopped up Toyota, which in my mind defeats the purpose of having one in the first place. Personally I can find nothing visceral about a Toyota in any badge. SVX are unique and special, hands down. Some SC300's may have come with 5-speeds, but how many came with AWD? I think can live with the tradeoff. What seems odd to me is that the curb weight of the SC300 is only 15lbs less than the SVX, maybe they needed the bigger motor to just keep up with the likes of an SVX. I am writing this kinda tongue in cheek, so don't take me seriously. I am not a fan of ricers or ricer wannabe's. Cannot stand the sound of their buzzing behive exhausts, runs chills up my spine.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_svx
Ah, I have no doubt what you say it true, for all the reasons noted. The major difference between an SVX fanatic and a Lexus, nee Toyota one is clear to me. A person who buys an SVX wants an SVX, not a hopped up anything. With the exception of not having a 5-speed available, what else would you what to do to an SVX? A turbo? Why? You already have 230 hp working for you on an understressed engine. Truly they are birds of a different feather. A hopped up Lexus is no longer a Lexus but a hopped up Toyota, which in my mind defeats the purpose of having one in the first place. Personally I can find nothing visceral about a Toyota in any badge. SVX are unique and special, hands down. Some SC300's may have come with 5-speeds, but how many came with AWD? I think can live with the tradeoff. What seems odd to me is that the curb weight of the SC300 is only 15lbs less than the SVX, maybe they needed the bigger motor to just keep up with the likes of an SVX. I am writing this kinda tongue in cheek, so don't take me seriously. I am not a fan of ricers or ricer wannabe's. Cannot stand the sound of their buzzing behive exhausts, runs chills up my spine.
I'm not sure if I'm getting your point... SC300s have smaller engines than SVXs (3.0L vs 3.3L). Plus, while you may be anti-mod, I think we got plenty of, err, Subaru tuners in the Mod Mania forum. (I was trying to think of a lower version of a Subaru, a la Lexus/Toyota, but I couldn't think of anything else. )

As for my personal intentions when buying an SVX? I probably shouldn't mention what kind of stuff I used to have on my old SVX...

As for the differences, forget the AWD... the windows are the deal-closer.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:43 PM
fl_svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red SVX 92
I'm not sure if I'm getting your point... SC300s have smaller engines than SVXs (3.0L vs 3.3L). Plus, while you may be anti-mod, I think we got plenty of, err, Subaru tuners in the Mod Mania forum. (I was trying to think of a lower version of a Subaru, a la Lexus/Toyota, but I couldn't think of anything else. )

As for my personal intentions when buying an SVX? I probably shouldn't mention what kind of stuff I used to have on my old SVX...

As for the differences, forget the AWD... the windows are the deal-closer.
Don't mind me I was just rambling....yeah, visceral...windows. I have never been one to adhere to mainstream ideas in cars. Honda and Toyota and Ford and GM to me are all the same. Boring. Give me a Mazda RX2 -> Cosmo, oh yes. Or an AWD Hemi Magnum, oh yes. The rest...I am just indifferent to them. Subaru or SAAB pique my interest because they tend not to be mainstream and they don't care what anyone else thinks. Well, at least SAAB didn't until GM bought them.....isn't the ignition supposed to be in the floor on ALL SAABs? Sube and SAAB have had their quirky designs and they are not quite the same as all the rest. The old SAAB 900 Turbo was and is a blast to drive, rides on rails and you cannot find an easier clutch to change on any car, cause it is in the front !!!! Hey, I would have taken a BRAT over.....err...who else built anything like the BRAT? I guess that is how I see the SVX, ahead of it's time and still delivers the goods. Something tells me that the SVX draws more quizical (sp) today than an SC 300 or BMW 325is, but I have been wrong before.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Hitchhikin'

With Saab and Subaru being so quirky, I think it's perfect that Saab used the Impreza as a base for their 9-2X line.