SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by justiceSVX
Milwaukee. Wisconsin.
No kidding. Our public education system at work, folks.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:48 AM

keep your comments to yourself this isent a "make fun of my grammer/spelling thread lol" im not writing a damn application for a job or anything

***sold***

"was" The Only Subaru Svx Owner in Laredo Tx., or maybe atleast only owner registered here....

http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix_3737

Last edited by Phoenix_3737; 01-10-2005 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:43 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix_3737
keep your comments to yourself this isent a "make fun of my grammer thread lol" im not writing a damn application for a job or anything
Isn't. Grammar. sorry i had too

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 01-10-2005, 04:06 PM

haha fixed that lmao ....im telling you i really dont think about how im typing it i just fuc*ing type big deal

i also noticed since you too had something to post about me you made sure to put the correct punctuations and everything

***sold***

"was" The Only Subaru Svx Owner in Laredo Tx., or maybe atleast only owner registered here....

Old 01-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix_3737
im not writing a damn application for a job or anything
Good thing too

Todd
Old 01-10-2005, 08:31 PM
SEA Sleeper

Mitsubishi is Japanese for the cheapest aluminum purchasable

I'll admit that the Mitsubishi 3000 GT / GTO looks pimp, but it's service history it not quite.

I've got nothing against the NSX, the 2nd Gen one looks damn sexy. Can't argue w/ Honda reliability. As my autotech instructor once said "Honda's are allways on a diet, it'll never be a BMW" so I give em credit where it is due.

Personally, I think you hit the nail on the head w/ the choice of a Supra. I'm a former owner of a MKII and I have driven all but the very first generation Supras. They are very amazing to drive and you can count on Toyota reliability. (Sorry for the Toy endorsement guys) Find a cherry MKIV and make it your jewel (or pearl *dorky laugh*)

Good luck in your decision!
Old 01-11-2005, 10:58 AM

black or if possible anthrecite(COME ON MORE SPELLING) but they are hella rare

***sold***

Old 01-11-2005, 08:25 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
You can't count out the 3000GT VR4 just yet. Even though Mitsubishi doesn't have the best reliability record, it always seems like build quality wise they their flagship packages they move up a par. for example, look at the Eclipse GTS compared to the GSX, it is like night and day, while with the GTS you can see the gap in the panels. I remember I saw a GSX going down the highway, even before I saw the three letters on the back, I noticed no gaps in the paneling and a more of a solid made of metal glint, then I saw the back and knew. I have also seen a great looking 3kgt vr4, the interior still looked, the exterior had some dirt and then I saw the odometer which read over 100k.

Also if the 3000GT VR4 is such a whale of a car, how can it still manage the 1/4 mile at 13.7. They also have decent handling and at least its AWD. I admit though it doesn't have on par reliability compared to say the NSX or perhaps the Supra, but I have read on it and the general consensus is that 3kgt can last up to 160k miles without major problems with around 115k facing lesser problems. The VR4s seem to last longer (like I said before flagship build quality). And with a cheaper price then the Supra TT or NSX, it is a good buy.

However, if you want an even better deal you should consider the Stealth R/T. Same exact interior and engine as the VR4, but its body makes it even lighter in weight. Also, I have not heard anything that makes it any worse in build quality then the 3000GT and with a general price that is thousands less, it is definitely something to consider.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:24 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Ciscokid

I need to move to Lebanon then....my car is red and the chicks around here, unfortunately, know that it isn't a Ferrari.
come on chicks over here qre not that stupid, the NSX has a weird design compared to the SVX. even though the funky windows, the NSX as overall has a weirder design. with a red color, (and my friend replace the honda badges with those of the ferrari) who would know it?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:50 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by Weebitob
... it always seems like build quality wise they their flagship packages they move up a par. for example, look at the Eclipse GTS compared to the GSX, it is like night and day, while with the GTS you can see the gap in the panels. I remember I saw a GSX going down the highway, even before I saw the three letters on the back, I noticed no gaps in the paneling and a more of a solid made of metal glint, then I saw the back and knew.
If you were talking about halo cars that were made on their own dedicated assembly lines (SVX as one for instance) then your arguement might hold water. I don't believe the VR-4 (nor Stealth) was and I highly doubt the GTS was. You;re also telling us that by driving by a car on the highway, you were able to determine that it was the upscale version by the panel gaps and "more of a solid made of metal glint"? What does that quoted phrase mean?

Quote:
Originally posted by Weebitob
The VR4s seem to last longer (like I said before flagship build quality)...
How about the fact they were more expensive to buy, probably purchased by an enthusiast and therefore more likely to have been properly cared for as a reason as to what they last longer? I believe this would be a plausible explanation.

Todd
Old 01-12-2005, 08:01 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
No No No, when I mentioned the GTS I compared it to the GSX and exclaimed how the GTS is not as well built. When I saw the GSX going down the highway, it had a fit and finish which I never saw on any other Eclipse before or since, they just seem to look like they're built better.

As for the VR4's longitivity, there have been people who drove over 200k miles with their's and did not have any major problems. In fact, I bet like the SVX, there is a fare amount out there that are second hand used.