Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-20-2004, 09:30 PM

I had the same problem with dan. I called him about 3 or 4 times a week for the entire 3 months that it took to get my rear section. I was able to get a free center section out of it though. I want to get that euro resonator, but I dont think I can wait another 3 months. Dan is a nice guy to talk to, but that doesnt mean jack when you have to wait 3 months to recieve a part that you were promised to recieve in a week.

1995 SVX L(mods: slotted/bored raceconcepts rotors,full stebro cat-back exhaust,green cone air-filter,rust )
116,000 mi
My Locker
Old 12-20-2004, 11:09 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Yeah, its my experience too that he's always very personable.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:24 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Good thing the stebro sounds as good as it does...
phil
Old 12-21-2004, 06:16 PM

Stebro

I guess I was lucky. Stebro is 45 minutes from my place so I just picked it up and had a tour of the place at the same time. Lot of nice custom pieces for high end cars.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:47 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
And I was thinking about getting the Strebro Exhaust too.

I guess this more costly catback is looking better all the time.

I bet this would make Motorsport-SVX happy. Perhaps he can cut me a deal.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:44 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
The best first mod you can make to your exhaust system (if its legal in your area) would be to cut out the primary cats. Cutting out the primary cats allows the primary pipes coming off the exhaust manifold to act as header pipes. This is because among the cylinders on one side of the engine, there is no exhaust overlap, so at any given time, only one cylinder is exhausting into a primary pipe. Once the primary cats are removed, exhaust scavenging (by means of sound wave reflections using the secondary cat chamber to cause the reflection) will be improved. Cutting out the primary cats should give a boost in HP around 5000-6000 rpm.

There two technicalities with performing this mod. 1) The exhaust tubing before and after the primary cats are different diameters, and its important to maintain the same tubing diameter. 2) The tubing diameters are non-standard sizes for US tubing. 1.875" diameter tubing matches the diameter of the tubing before the cats, but its kinda rare.

If you can find the tubing, the mod should cost no more than $100 (including the tubing). This mod should improve power and add some growl to the exhaust note.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:06 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by mbtoloczko
The best first mod you can make to your exhaust system (if its legal in your area) would be to cut out the primary cats. Cutting out the primary cats allows the primary pipes coming off the exhaust manifold to act as header pipes. This is because among the cylinders on one side of the engine, there is no exhaust overlap, so at any given time, only one cylinder is exhausting into a primary pipe. Once the primary cats are removed, exhaust scavenging (by means of sound wave reflections using the secondary cat chamber to cause the reflection) will be improved. Cutting out the primary cats should give a boost in HP around 5000-6000 rpm.

There two technicalities with performing this mod. 1) The exhaust tubing before and after the primary cats are different diameters, and its important to maintain the same tubing diameter. 2) The tubing diameters are non-standard sizes for US tubing. 1.875" diameter tubing matches the diameter of the tubing before the cats, but its kinda rare.

If you can find the tubing, the mod should cost no more than $100 (including the tubing). This mod should improve power and add some growl to the exhaust note.
Hehe. That's exactly what I'm doing to mine.