Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-18-2004, 05:27 PM

bad carfax

I've seen a few svx's with mileage discepencies ond one with a moderate carfax accident lately fs. How much does this affect your decision making/pricing when considering one.

My M3 I just sold was sideswiped just before I bought it and the carfax was clean for 3 years afterwards when it showed up as a moderate accident. It saved me 20%+ when I bought it and lost that when I sold it. Your mileage may vary. Opinions?
Old 09-19-2004, 05:43 PM

Ok, stated another way,

if you saw an svx you wanted and found it had a bad mileage carfax, what would you do?
Old 09-19-2004, 06:07 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
If it showed odometer fraud on the carfax I most likely wouldnt buy it unless I thoroughly went through the car and took a very long test drive.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:12 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Since car fax is wrong about a third of the time. I'd have it checked out by the DMV. Carfax sucks and can't be trusted without further verification. That said though. The seller is kind of screwed as it is much harder to get mileage ??? fixed with car fax then it is with your DMV.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:18 PM

he is asking of this because im selling my car and on my carfax it says possible odemeter fraud, to tell you the truth it is fine it has 120,000 miles on it and i dont think someone would lie about that im pretty sure if it was rolled back, they would set it to like 50,000........not 120,000 it just dosent sound to smart to do something like that theres no point in doing it if your going to set it to 120,000 miles ......

***sold***

"was" The Only Subaru Svx Owner in Laredo Tx., or maybe atleast only owner registered here....

http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix_3737
Old 09-20-2004, 09:15 PM

Your not the only one with mileage discrepencies on carfax.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:45 PM

exactly my point, i think i mentioned that its probably just a problem carfax has had with svx's maybe it dosent take much effort to roll back the odometer which is why they have that warning on there, notice it says that it might have odemeter fraud

***sold***

"was" The Only Subaru Svx Owner in Laredo Tx., or maybe atleast only owner registered here....

http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix_3737