Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 07-18-2004, 02:44 PM
svx92Latvia

92 SVX in parts for sale in Latvia

Got a SVX 92 model for sale, or in parts. It was sold new in Swiss, was imported to Latvia late 2003, bougth it in April 2004, and it got wrecked in July 2004. It is a early model, but newer then the second i bought last friday as a replacement. It has gone 148000 km, a bit less then the one i got now. The damage on the car is front bumper, left headlight, left blinker, left fender, hood, right fender, left strut, left lower control arm, ac radiator, radiator, and left cooling fan. Also the shock from damage has deformed left wheel apporch and left frame in front of shockabsorber. Got prices for the repair and painting, and searched the net for parts, found most of what i needed at a swedish car wreck place, but not all, could not get lower left control arm and left cooling fan.
New parts was estimated to take about 4 till 5 weeks to get from Japan. Together it was almost the same as i had to give for another car i found here. So i bought another one. The car is in burgunder metallic. My wife did not want any other car so we found same colour, but it has gone 154000 km and has a spoiler.
Anyone interessed in parts or the wreck ?
It is lefthanddrived, but i guess most parts could be used by you UK guys too. The car worked fine, engine and gearbox was perfect, had camshaftbelt, engine oil and oilfilter changed on it when i bought it in april.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:00 AM
Walrus

Talking Wats up, neighbor!

Sorry to hear that you wrecked your SVX, neighbor
I need some spare parts for my 94 SVX. It would be air intake, maybe alternator and some suspenssion parts (I dont know exactly what). If we could arrange meeting to look at the car (parts) it would be really nice. We also can do some SVXperience sharing It always interesting to talk to SVXer!

Best regards,

Marat
Old 07-19-2004, 06:50 AM
svx92Latvia

answer to your request

i left you a answer on your icq number,
would be cool to meet another SVX owner here
Old 07-19-2004, 08:32 AM

Hey !!

Hello there guys, its good to hear from our fellow SVX'ers in Europe !!

Just to let you know there is a guy in Czech Republic looking for engine parts (like a complete engine !!), his name here is "nobody", and another guy recently posted from Sweden looking for parts, his name is "SVXsnubb".

Also Joe could be looking for parts for his project, his name on here is "SVXistentialist".

I'm sure these guys will be only too pleased to help you part out your wreck.

Phil.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:55 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Lightbulb Tone

Also,

Tone in Portugal has had his car burgled. He will very probably be looking for the indicator switch, sounds like his is broken.

He will certainly want the steering column plastic section, the thieves broke that.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Wats up, neighbor!

Quote:
Originally posted by Walrus
Sorry to hear that you wrecked your SVX, neighbor
I need some spare parts for my 94 SVX. It would be air intake, maybe alternator and some suspenssion parts (I dont know exactly what). If we could arrange meeting to look at the car (parts) it would be really nice. We also can do some SVXperience sharing It always interesting to talk to SVXer!

Best regards,

Marat
Hi Marat

Nice to have another European SVX owner on the Forum.

Both you guys are very welcome.

Fill us in. Tell us a little about your cars, and yourselves also if you wish.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-19-2004, 12:28 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nobody Send a message via MSN to Nobody
My engine parts are on the way from Japan, so no need for now.
As I know my car, someting will go to hell soon so do not worry, I will need someting definetlly. I waited for crank shaft possition sensor for month, got my car back today, 100USD gone...
Peter
Old 07-20-2004, 12:46 PM

Re: Tone

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
Also,

Tone in Portugal has had his car burgled. He will very probably be looking for the indicator switch, sounds like his is broken.

He will certainly want the steering column plastic section, the thieves broke that.

Joe
Hi Joe,

Thanks for filling me in for the parts list.

Sorry for the late answer but I tried to fight endlessly until 01:30a.m. against network problems until I found the problem was from the service provider...

The stress from the burglar episode is now temporarily gone (up to the time I will know the bill amount ).

I will post separately on my recent theft experience, pictures included, and will also post about the parts needed which I hope will be easily available from svx92Latvia (or anybody else on the forum willing to help).

Tone
Old 07-20-2004, 01:02 PM

Unhappy Parts will be needed...

Hi svx92Latvia,

Please accept a warm welcome from the other side of Europe.

It feels good to have new countries represented on the forum and more even if they are willing to supply European specs parts .

Sorry to hear about your former SVX misfortune but I am glad you recovered from that fast and had no doubts about going for another one.
That's what SVX's are all about.

Anyway I hope we will see you around here frequentely .

Joe already filled me in for parts from your wrecked car and I saw your email but cannot be specific as of today on what I will need as the car was left in the Subaru workshop for potential hidden damage evaluation.

I will be posting on my experience and will surely get back to you through the email.

Again, welcome.

Tone
Old 07-20-2004, 05:24 PM
svx92Latvia

Thanks for the welcome from you guys

It is good to feel welcomed anywhere.
Got some response from some of you on email about which parts you need, still concidering if i should sell the wreck or not, not sure how long i can keep the possible buyer waiting.
Will get my second SVX checked a bit tomorrow i hope, will see if i need any parts myself too.
The automatic gearbox is acting up a bit, might be only adjustment of brakebands in gearbox that is needed, but you never know with these cars. Could be good to have the gearbox as a spare from the wreck.
Another thing is that the engine is sort of shaking now and then when i have been driving in citytraffic for a while, it sort of helps with highway driving to clear it. I guess i have to check the sparkplugs as first point, and the aircleaner element needs to be changed, and it is some not original element there now.
Got a new original element on the wreck.
Will inform those of you that have shown interest in parts as soon as i deside what to do. But more interest for parts would help me decide sooner

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: