Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2004, 11:41 AM
calmone

Angry almost had two

i am sad to report that although i was the ebay high bidder on a 92 claret, the son of a you know what seller (dovercars) refused to reply to my e-mails requesting a way to pay for and pick up the car. i'm thinking of suing.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:58 AM

... !!?

/Sonny

-92 ebony black with 170k KM

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***
Old 06-16-2004, 05:22 PM
calmone

after i complained to ebay and wrote negative fedback and wrote the guy asking for damages or the car he calls me and was as abrasive and nasty as possible, mocking me and telling me he didn't like "smark allec lawyers" he gruffly asked "you still want the car?". i said "yes, assuming you still have it". he said "i have seven of them" yeah, right. anyway tuesday i'm off to hopefully get it (assuming it isn't a beater).

oh, the guy is a licensed used car salesman fron pa.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

The seller sounds like a real arse. If he's a licensed used car salesman, I bet he sells a lot of cars with that attititude...

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by calmone
oh, the guy is a licensed used car salesman fron pa.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 06-16-2004, 06:13 PM
calmone

i figure he sold the car for more $ or just was ****ed off about the price and wanted me not to go through with the deal.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

That happens a lot on Ebay Motors. One of the real 'downsides' to buying cars over the internet - never know who you're dealing with on the other end.

-Chike

P.S. If when you go up to his place to look over the car, he gives you a hard time, you should report him to the Better Business Bureau. Treating people like that catches up with you in the end...
Quote:
Originally posted by calmone
i figure he sold the car for more $ or just was ****ed off about the price and wanted me not to go through with the deal.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 06-22-2004, 07:14 PM
calmone

went to deleware today, supposidely to get the 92. the guy (dovercars on ebay) never showed up. on the phone while i was there he says he has "decided not to sell" me the car as i left negative feedback. i was followed up by another ebay buyer who sent the guy 5 grand for a lincoln and was still without the car or title. he finally left after the lincoln had a bad trannie. of course, the seller never showed up for him either and declined to produce a title that day (although he authorized the guy to take the car, title to follow later). i get home to find an email from a guy in california who "won" a 944 only to find it was misrepresented and was thinking of suing over his expense from the cross country plane trip. and so it goes.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:48 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Are you 100% sure he is an authorized dealer in that state? There are rules and regulations on operation of such business and if he is an authorized dealer, you can complain that to the sec. of state of that state that he is in and SOS police will be there so quick he/she would not even have time to blink.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 06-23-2004, 06:52 AM
calmone

he had to be a wholesaler at least. it was lot with at some 50-100 cars in it (3 svxs'), alot of junk and some half decent looking. a large building with a few better looking cars (bmws', jags) where they apparently worked on the cars. he told me on the phone he was licensed in pa, lived in de. the fella whom he left sort of in charge said the owner had a nice million dollar plus house in maryland and another in delaware. after i left the other couple told me the guy's wife came looking for him driving an amg mercedes. later last night the ebayer on the coast sent another email saying the guy even called him a few times and called him a dumb f******. he just hung up rather than get involved.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:07 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Unless he is doing private sales, he can not legally sell car in the state of Dalaware.... This is interesting. Let me talk to a few people and see what they can say. Also, call up ebay and shut his account down.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!