How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-03-2004, 04:38 PM
johnnythunder

tranny trouble? maybe u can help..

I got stuck in the %^$&* ing snow yesterday in toronto...i went into 1st gear and spun the wheels real good...i heard bad bad `clunking' sounds like 4 or 5 times...finally she released herself but the car was not running great...today i noticed the automatic shifting from 1st to 2nd or whatever is a chore...what i mean is that although the car seems to shift (in auto) it is doing so at a high (2500) rpm... i haven't taken it on the highway yet and haven't really driven it far or fast yet...any ideas? or comments?...have i butchered the tranny or what?
i suppose tomorrow i might get a professional to look at it...can it reset itself? or am i just being optimistic?

thanks
Old 02-03-2004, 07:34 PM
rperry03

Take it for a longer test drive after the car warms up and the gauge has stopped and take notes. Next time push the manual button in and put it in 2nd if you need less power and more traction. This starts it out in 2nd and not 1st.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I don't think it will fix itself. Is it only the 1-2 shift that's affected right now? If so it could be the shift solenoid. If you use the manual button to force 2nd gear you must have the shifter in either the "2" or "3" position or else you will still be starting in 1st.