Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 12-06-2003, 05:49 PM
deruvian

Question continuously blowing fuse... help!

The 10A fuse for the dash illumination and SRS light just keeps blowing on me! Not sure which number that fuse is, but it's in the lower right-hand side of the fuse box. I have no indicator lights now (power, airbag, low-fuel, etc).

Today I decided to install my new indiglo gauges, and I did. I removed the instrument cluster, installed the new plastic layovers, and reinstalled the instrument closter.

However, I made no modifications to any type of electronics. The gauges that I installed need an external power source, and I never installed that. When the instrument cluster was put back in, I decided to try out the lighting after reinstallation, just to make sure that everything was fine before proceeding any further Whaddya know?!

The only thing electronically related that I touched was the instrument cluster itself (kinda had to remove that), and I unplugged the clock.

Also, the shift selector lights don't work, never have. Same goes for the cigarette lighter. Could this be related?

Does anybody have any ideas?
Old 12-07-2003, 03:26 PM
deruvian

It looks like the temperature gauge decided to short out upon reinstallation, which was causing the fuse to blow. All my other guages work now (I disconnected the temp. gauge).

Does anyone have a temp. gauge that they wanna sell me?