How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-19-2003, 09:33 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: hehe i know the feeling subafreak

i know that templar and shobaru are damn fast, but i know if they can do it, i can do it as well. now if i only had a better suspension and a little more familiar with the skyway or more experience with awd, i probably would have been able to keep up without flipping . live and learn, we only live once so learn as much as you can!
Old 05-20-2003, 12:49 PM
Porter

Just in case you guys hadn't seen it, here's the group shot from the weekend. Not everybody was in it due to some schedule conflicts, we're missing about 10 cars for the pic who were around during other parts of the weekend.

Enjoy!

http://www.baneverything.org/pictures/group03.jpg
Old 05-20-2003, 08:02 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
geh, I thought it referred to how you modify your car to be faster.
Ya well, it sems like that now but when I wrote it I was thinking the other thing. Now it's just played out so i'm gona have to come up with something new.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 05-21-2003, 12:41 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
I want your suspension and I want to go to the Dragon. Lets see from RI thats like, what, 14hrs.?
Hey Freak... It's worth the drive!!!! Some people there came from Michigan and some even farther!!!! Remember the fun we had on the road rally at Reading... Well take that fun and multiply it by about 100,000!!!! Really, you have to be there next year!!!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 05-21-2003, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Porter

Yep! Come on down in the fall, we're doing it again in September. We had people from Wisconsin, Miami, and upstate NY attend this one... all of which have similar drives. Miami is 16hrs I think.

As for the suspension, I'll be building them as soon as I move to Atlanta in August... so save your pennies and I'll ship you a finished bolt-in kit.
Dude!!!! Your doing it in September too!!?!?!?!?!!!! I'll be all over it in my SVX this time!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 05-21-2003, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

Hey Freak... It's worth the drive!!!! Some people there came from Michigan and some even farther!!!! Remember the fun we had on the road rally at Reading... Well take that fun and multiply it by about 100,000!!!! Really, you have to be there next year!!!!!
And I was just a passenger this time!!!! Next time I'm driving!!!!

Old 05-21-2003, 07:47 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

Dude!!!! Your doing it in September too!!?!?!?!?!!!! I'll be all over it in my SVX this time!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!
The september group is a much smaller group of mostly experienced autocross drivers - most with highly modified cars - roll cages, missing interior parts, modified suspensions, high hp engines, BIG brakes...and a few who live right by the dragon and drive it very often and very fast.

Bottom line - if you go, be careful and leave your ego at home. These guys will pull away from a stock svx in the hands of anyone but a highly skilled driver (aka...Porter) and you have to be able to let them. A parking lot full of cones would be a good place to visit often if you want to hang with these guys in the fall. I got lucky and had the voice of reason riding shotgun last fall - she probably kept me off the rail and out of the woods by screaming louder than my exhaust every time we got loose. I always thought I was a good driver but I got schooled by this group. Be careful.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:47 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: i will without a doubt be there in sept

i will without a doubt be there in september. this time i may not drive the course with them, i may be a passenger part of the way. i have a surprise for the next one. a BIG surprise. i hope i can keep it a secret until the time comes. i may break down and say what it is. who knows.
Old 05-22-2003, 05:59 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
I'm hoping to be there in Sept. ...if the wife lets me
I've got my right front spindle off now, and takeing it to get the new wheel bearing pressed in today....but I might even bring the XT6 instead, and give it a shot at the "Dragon" either way i hope I make it.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"