How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-19-2003, 09:31 PM
_-DejaVu-_

The War Has Begun

I havn't been following up on this war thing, it depresses me too much.
I just wish everyone could see, that this war isn't going to solve anything. Bush, and every president has been worried about the future. Which is fine, but what about right now? Why can't we live for now.
Wither we win, or lose, what is it going to solve?

My prayers go out to all

~Deja~
Old 03-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Debo

Send a message via AIM to cxt2001
First off we aren't going to lose, and secondly it will solve alot because you as well as everyone else knows that saddam is a nuisience to the world world for years now. And they have been dicking around with the inspectors for sometime now. I could keep going on and on but i wont cuz i hate long posts.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:52 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Although war is never desirable, it is sometimes both necessary and just. This is one of those times. May God protect the truly innocent.

My son-in-law is in the 81st Armored Division (3d Infantry?) in the Middle East, currently waiting for orders. In addition to his wife (my daughter) he has two little girls (9 months and 5 years) who love him and wish things were different. I fear for him even more than I feared for myself when I was in Vietnam, but I trust his judgement and respect his intentions, as I do our President and Commander-in-Chief.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 03-20-2003, 09:31 AM
_-DejaVu-_

Yes, but either way years and years down the road, someone much worse comes along.
Weither you kill one, or a million. There will be more.
Bush should stop acting like God. This world will never be at peace.

~Deja~
Old 03-20-2003, 09:46 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by _-DejaVu-_
Yes, but either way years and years down the road, someone much worse comes along.
Weither you kill one, or a million. There will be more.
Bush should stop acting like God. This world will never be at peace.

~Deja~
So basically, we should just stop all military action?

Lets see, under that theory, then the Nazi party would still be controlling all of Europe, the Middle East and northern Africa.

Hussein is the one acting like God, not Bush. If the UN had any balls over the last twelve years, there would be no war now.

Let us not forget that Iraq surrendered twelve years ago and the UN was put in charge of completely disarming them. The UN failed time and time again to disarm Iraq. We are simply doing what the UN should have done after the gulf war, back when it could have been done peacefully without any loss of life.

Odd that the UN sitting on their hands has now caused the certain death of many people. I guess fate is not without a sense of Irony.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 03-20-2003, 09:53 AM
JLittell

Check www.MSNBC.com for details
Old 03-20-2003, 04:11 PM

You guys forgot to mention the British and Aussies that are fighting alongside the United States. The thing that angers me is all the "Live Cams" stationed around Baghdad. The networks are taking complete advantage of this situation to boost their ratings and I for one think that it is absurd. I agree that we should be informed about what is going on but not twenty four seven and so in depth. Saddam is probably sitting in some hole with a tv set and a pad of paper taking notes about everything these networks are talking about. I for one will not be watching when the battle becomes more intense.

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 03-20-2003, 04:13 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds

So basically, we should just stop all military action?

Lets see, under that theory, then the Nazi party would still be controlling all of Europe, the Middle East and northern Africa.

Hussein is the one acting like God, not Bush. If the UN had any balls over the last twelve years, there would be no war now.

Let us not forget that Iraq surrendered twelve years ago and the UN was put in charge of completely disarming them. The UN failed time and time again to disarm Iraq. We are simply doing what the UN should have done after the gulf war, back when it could have been done peacefully without any loss of life.

Odd that the UN sitting on their hands has now caused the certain death of many people. I guess fate is not without a sense of Irony.

Doug
preach on, brother Doug! i couldn't have said it better myself.
would people's opinions change if we left Saddam "peacefully" to go about his business and a few years down the road a nuke from "Saddam's bomb factory" is detonated in the continental U.S.?
a nice by-product of ensuring our homeland security is that millions of Iraqis living in fear and torture may be free from this brutal regime. before people go singing "give peace a chance", maybe they should look at some photos of Iraqi citizens who were tortured, mutilated, and killed while we left Saddam "in peace." i've seen the photos.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)