Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 07-20-2005, 04:41 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
F1SVX to the rescue!!

Graham reckons he is bringing a good one.

His mate is bringing it along in a Berlingo.

Bring the gaffer tape anyway Arthur. If the showers are not as light as Phil expects, we can make rain hats out of it.

I have not had access to a scanner to copy the pages for you Arthur. I will bring the book along with me.

From what I can see, the connector in the footwell will ONLY work for the Subaru Select Monitor. The plug connector in the dashboard on the newer cars, that will work for either the Select Monitor, or for an OBD11 scanner, using a patch cable to connect.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-21-2005, 09:27 AM

"T" minus one day, and counting.........

Well tomorrow it is then !!

I've got the banner from Tony, I've got the day off work to get prepared, I've got the tentage and equipment out of the attic........ I'm hoping that others (Graham F1SVX ??) come good with the gazibo.

Might be doing the set up by Mini rather than SVX as Angie doesn't have the day off work....... But hope to be set up sometime during the day.

Why is it when you've had something planned for months and months then three other things appear in the week of the event.........

Anyway, looking forward to it already !! See you soon.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:32 AM
TonyShaleUK

Hope that you all have as good a time as last year. Sorry that I won't be there with you. Look forward to the pics.

Tony
Old 07-22-2005, 02:21 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Work beckons I'm afraid so won't be able to make it either - will be looking forward to the photos though!

Have a great time

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 07-22-2005, 05:03 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsvx
Work beckons I'm afraid so won't be able to make it either - will be looking forward to the photos though!

Have a great time

Cheers

James
Same here. I have been hoping until the last minute that I might be able to swing something, but I just have too much work on. I have even had to cancel my family holiday next month. I will try again next year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 07-24-2005, 03:12 PM

Thumbs up Thanks !!

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who made it down to JAE this weekend. It was really great to see everyone, both old friends and new.

I'm terrible with names so forgive me if I don't remember everyone, but special thanks to Graham and Bret for bringing the Gazebo's, and Phill and Bella for turning up in two SVX's when there was some doubt if they'd be able to make it at all !! Also thanks and welcome to Mal and Peter who made the journey from the North, and to John for heading down from Scotland.

Apart from the weather on Sunday afternoon I think it was a great weekend, and great to get 13 cars in total, 12 at a time on the stand both days.

Stay tuned for my pics, I'm titivating them a little but they will appear in my locker soon.

Hope everyone got home safely and hope to do it all again next year !!

Phil.

Last edited by Phil Hill; 07-24-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:10 AM
m.messenger

Jae

As elegant a bunch of automobiles as you could find anywhere -no multicoloured monstrosities, no megawatt boot-boomers, no undercarriages mowing the grass - and that's just the owners!

Pleased to meet you all, and remwmber - there's nothing better than SVX.

MM
Old 07-25-2005, 03:35 PM

Pic's are in my locker !!

Yep, it's true, my pics are up. Hope you like them, I'm no David Bailey but they arn't too bad. They are 800x600 for fairly fast loading, originals are 1600x1200 so can email them on request.

Phil.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:23 PM

Registered SVX
Smile

Pics look pretty good to me
Old 07-26-2005, 04:25 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Thanks Everybody!

We had a great weekend, notwithstanding the Sunday downpour.

It was really good to meet all the old friends, and all the new friends as well. I really was not expecting the number of cars we had together. Considering we had close to 5% of the total number of cars sold in the UK, not bad at all. And that was without either of my cars!!

Magic!!

I met so many new people, I know I will leave somebody out. Just sticking with the SVX owners, it was great to meet new-to-me Brett, John, Mal, Peter, Ron, Ricky and Kristy from California, Norman, Michael and Ken.

In terms of new colours, I saw for the first time the all red car of Ken's, Mal's lovely yellow car, Phil & Belha's new Peacock Blue and John's to-die-for immaculate graphite and black[James, you should have been there!!].

The other colours we had were blacks and clarets and Arthur's Polo Green [with the nice new wheels] I almost forgot Michael's Claret with the black bonnet, very inventive

I nearly forgot my own flat pack svx [thanks, Phil ] and Ron's white car. I will have to donate my name for Plum to him, his is the Genuine Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.

It's very likely if we added up the total mileage travelled by all the people there, we have a new record set. Beyond any shadow of a doubt, Ron and family have set the benchmark for miles travelled to be at an SVX meeting. I can't see that one beaten for a while. Total mileage, Ron, any idea??

I'll be having my very few photos developed and scanned later this week, and I will post them up when I get them back. Meanwhile thanks to Phil and Phil for posting theirs, very nice, fellas.

We had a heart-stopping blip with the Legacy on the way home, threatened to stop and threw a Check Engine light while passing the narrow motorway section through Swansea. Did not get time to check it out yet, but I strongly suspect an O2 sensor. Considering where it nearly stranded us, I've renamed it the O F**k sensor.

Thanks again to everyone who made it such a lovely trip. Looking forward to the next one already. Wales next time, is it Brett??

Joe

Where was Petr? We never saw him?
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 07-26-2005 at 04:28 AM.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:02 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
We had a heart-stopping blip with the Legacy on the way home, threatened to stop and threw a Check Engine light while passing the narrow motorway section through Swansea. Did not get time to check it out yet, but I strongly suspect an O2 sensor. Considering where it nearly stranded us, I've renamed it the O F**k sensor.
Funny you should say that Joe. Our Leggy ate it's starter motor on Sunday evening while we were picking up a takeaway. Bought a recon unit yesterday lunchtime, which Ron helped me fit last night.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 07-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Ron and family have set the benchmark for miles travelled to be at an SVX meeting. I can't see that one beaten for a while. Total mileage, Ron, any idea??
I'm curious about this too. We had some people travel huge distances here for the 10th Anniversary SVX meet in Lafayette, Indiana.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:16 PM

Registered SVX
Smile Nice to see you...to see you....nice!

Well folks, what can I say.....speechless, what a great bunch of poeple I've met who were so easy to get along with, no ice to break here! It was a pleasure to meet you all.

Thanks for the compliments folk gave me on the condition of my car and no, Joe, you dont have to die for it just plenty of elbow grease and shares in Auto Glym and you too can have the same! If it helps represent "the club" then I'm glad to be part of it. Saying that they were other fine examples that got my juices flowing, l thought yellow would be minging but Mals looked excellent being all yellow and his choice in wheels were spot on. Brets looked equaly good and the wheels were as Ron would say "awesome"....but how the hell fit 4 adults, two tents, table & chairs, gazebo, BBQ and 48 cans of Fosters in his SVX I dont know....eat your heart out Porche. BTW Bret, I haven't laughed like that for a long time you and you're wife had me in hysterics on Sat night.

Great photo's so far guys and MM's short summary says it all. Phil, do you think we might qualify for a bigger Pitch next year if the interest stays the same and get one away from the dusty entrance?
also for info, my whole journey in petrol cost £105.29, covered 795 miles and was on CC for about 70% of the time, which I work out to be aprox 31mpg or 470 miles on a tank full, and would have probably got over the 500 mark if I hadn't given it some stick on the last 100 miles or so.

Till next year.......or maybe Wales for an interim!?

John

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: