Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 07-12-2005, 02:16 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
I am goign to try and head up from London but will only be able to come for a day rather than overnighting it

Also my duty, on behalf of a certain American gent (who may be reading this ) to pay homage to a yellow SVX!

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 07-12-2005, 02:29 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyShaleUK
I can no longer make it to the event!

Phil, can you pm me with your address so that I can get the banner to you. Also let me know if I owe you anything for my place on the stand.
Sorry to hear that Tony, hope everything's OK. We were looking forward to seeing you and your Skyline. Maybe next year.

Take care.

Phil & Belha.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:09 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Unhappy

Yeah, I'm sorry to hear that also Tony. I was looking forward to seeing your Skyline in the flesh.

I have recently re-awakened a hankering after a Skyline. I used to have this bug, before I got the SVX. Now it is back again, and I am thinking maybe I should be buying a GTR, particularly the R32 GTR, model before yours. Nice size of a car for back road work.

Might get to sit in one or two at the show.

Keep in touch anyway.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-12-2005, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Call in anytime Norman. Paul in Japan has an MX5 over there also. SVX owners are kindred spirits to MX5 people I reckon.

Love to have a chat.

Joe

{Did I misread your post? Are you bringing the SVX? All SVX owners or enthusiasts are welcome. SVX cars, room will be found for them...
Joe

From previous PM's and discussions I had Norman down for a place on the stand for the weekend.

Sad to hear that Tony will not be making it this year. Wanted to compare SVX with the "sensible" Skyline.........

OK, here's my list to date :

John Blueji SVX
MMessenger SVX
Arthur SVX
Phil&Angie SVX
Phil&Bella SVX (maybe)
Numbnuts SVX
Joe&John Legacy
Ricky Waltman SVX
Graham(F1SVX) SVX (Supercharged!!)
Norman(K70NW) SVX
Scobymal SVX (Yellow!!)
Peter SVX
Andy(CI) Forester
Henry Devine Legacy
Petr&friends Rental (Imprezza??)
James&Cassie Rental

If I've missed anyone off then I appologise !! That puts us at 11 SVX's, the most we've every had at a meet !!

In terms of equipment we could still do with a gazebo of some sort to shade us from the sun (thinking positive !!), Tony is going to send me the back the banner, any provisions people can think to bring (John, any of your fine scottish produce is fine with me !!) then please feel free.

Phil.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:10 AM
k70nw

Of course I'm bringing my SVX down I've got my sons Gazebo and
camping gear aboard, 'cos ti would spoil the lines of his MX on the
boot, I suspect! will someone tell me of any costs at the stand please
Norman
Old 07-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Phil & Belha

You can put us on the definite list now.

A few other people who told me they might be coming: Rob (groundeffectltd), Brett (black 5 speed), and Barry (silver Version E).

I expect we might get one or two extra on the day.

Phil.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:01 PM

Registered SVX
Thumbs up

Hi Phil,

Will anyone be arriving on the Friday and camping, and if so what would be the latest I could leave it for getting there, and is the intention to pitch up on the stand or the assigned area?

p.s. the 12 year old spey malt is already packed!

John
Old 07-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Henry Devine, Forester turbo[not Legacy]

Phil,

Henry can't come. He has to go to Cork the following week, didn't happen for him.

Alex from Newton Abbott selling the 95 Silver said he might come. No idea if he is bringing the SVX, or indeed if he will come for sure, just a possible.

{I'm still intrigued at the number of different SVXs that crop up in that neck of the woods. You guys think of it as the West Country, unless I'm mistaken. Good taste, they have}

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Stand costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by k70nw
Of course I'm bringing my SVX down I've got my sons Gazebo and
camping gear aboard, 'cos ti would spoil the lines of his MX on the
boot, I suspect! will someone tell me of any costs at the stand please
Norman

Norman,

From what I picked up along the thread, you can enter your car at the gate as an SVX club exhibitor, and pay £15 to them for the whole three days. Then for the stand, you owe Phil Hill, the organiser, the princely sum of £1, which he has paid up front on our behalf already. That's it, really.

Regards snacking at the stand, last year people brought beer, food, burgers, barbeques, beef, everything. So if you like, bring what you fancy, wine, food for the barbie, cake or biscuits whatever. I will have more time this time, to shop, so I will be properly provisioned.
[That usually means lots of beer, but with my wife on board, may have to bring crisps also ]

Roll on next week!

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-13-2005, 06:43 AM

Thumbs up Morning Campers !!

Ok, to further clarify the procedure for the JAE :

Turn up at the exhibitors entrance, pay your "fee" to gain access (£15 for weekend, £10 daily), drive up to the SVX stand (see map in my locker). In terms of paying for the stand I'm not too worried about that, I'll be happy to see 11 cars on the stand.

In terms of space I guess we'll be ok. From what Claire said in one of the emails the space "per car" was increased on last year. I booked a 10 car stand this time where I booked an 8 car stand last year, we had the gazebo and our tent as well as 6 or 7 cars on the stand last year (plus Joe's truck and trailer !!)

Yes, snacks and food for those camping, it would be preferable for all if you can prepare and bring all you need with you. While there will be catering on the showground it is likely to be busy, and probably not that good........

Remember BBQ's and the like must be kept off the ground, so make sure your stove/burner/BBQ has a stand or legs of some sort.

(John, I've got a very nice 25 year old Highland Park I *could* bring if there are those who'd appreciate a wee dram...........)
Old 07-13-2005, 07:12 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
25 Yo??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Hill
Ok, to further clarify the procedure for the JAE :

Turn up at the exhibitors entrance, pay your "fee" to gain access (£15 for weekend, £10 daily), drive up to the SVX stand (see map in my locker). In terms of paying for the stand I'm not too worried about that, I'll be happy to see 11 cars on the stand.

In terms of space I guess we'll be ok. From what Claire said in one of the emails the space "per car" was increased on last year. I booked a 10 car stand this time where I booked an 8 car stand last year, we had the gazebo and our tent as well as 6 or 7 cars on the stand last year (plus Joe's truck and trailer !!)

Yes, snacks and food for those camping, it would be preferable for all if you can prepare and bring all you need with you. While there will be catering on the showground it is likely to be busy, and probably not that good........

Remember BBQ's and the like must be kept off the ground, so make sure your stove/burner/BBQ has a stand or legs of some sort.

(John, I've got a very nice 25 year old Highland Park I *could* bring if there are those who'd appreciate a wee dram...........)
Bring it on, Phil, bring it on!....

I you have a 25 yo, no reason to be tackling the 15yo ones. Jail bait, they call that in America.

I have some Glenmorangie Sherrywood aged, some Lagavulin double distilled....
We can't be drinking this stuff out of plastic cups.
Bring your own straw.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-14-2005, 01:23 AM
Phil & Belha

We got a mail from Brett.

He's coming down for the Saturday and Sunday and has offered to bring a gazebo. Sounds like he's done some awesome mods to his car.

Phil & Belha.

Last edited by b3lha; 07-14-2005 at 01:29 AM.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:22 AM

Smile

Right on cue here is the very latest info from Clarie about JAE :

Dated Wednesday 13th July.

Hi,

JAE is just a "gear change" away. Please see below information that will assist you on your arrival at JAE.

Car Club/Trader Gates
Friday - 7:30am - midnight (security in gate if needed outside of these hours)
Sat 7:30 - midnight (security in gate if needed outside of these hours)
Sun 7:30 - noon (security in gate if needed outside of these hours)

All Club stands will be marked with the club name. Please bring with you the latest location map, so you know your club stand. Tickets are purchased on the gate and you will be wrist banded.

There is a restaurant at the showground available on Friday and Saturday evening, at the Peterborough/Cambridge Suite if you would like to book a table either evening, please contact Mrs Wheatley on 01733 234451.

May I remind you of the Terms and Conditions to JAE (see attached) please ensure that your club has read them. We want you to enjoy JAE!!

Show and Shine - Saturday
10am - 6.30pm

Running Order
11:00 Daihatsu
11:30 Lexus
12:00 Toyota
13:00 Mitsubishi
14:00 Honda
15:00 Datsun and Nissan
16:30 Mazda
17:30 Subaru
18:30 Suzuki

This will take place in the "main arena". Spectators can view from the grandstand. The blue A5 Show and Shine entry forms should be completed and brought with you on the day of your arrival to JAE. You must register the cars at the JAE Help Desk by 10am on Saturday, with an 11am start to the competition. At registration you will need to hand in the blue forms which will be stamped and the entry recorded. The forms are then to be placed in the car windscreen for identification purposes. Would you kindly brief the owners on the Show and Shine entry forms, so that they know exactly where to be and when. Glen Horncastle, will be running the competition. He will be wearing a JAE shirt. We have a list of judges who will be inspecting your shiny bits, so get cleaning!! If you would like to be a judge or marshal please let me know as soon as possible.

Flame Out competition - Saturday
6pm - 8pm

Paul Nicola from Pure P10 will be running the competition. See attached entry form. There will be two parts "assisted" and "un-assisted" Once again, please complete the form and bring it with you to the JAE Help Desk at 5:30pm for registration. The competition will be in the main arena. Spectators can view from the grandstand.
For further information, please email flame-off@hakx.co.uk

Tug of War - Sunday
12.00pm

I think you know how this works! There will be teams of six (per club). We have an official judge coming from the British Tug of War Association, so no cheating! A trophy will be presented to the best...err..team!

A list of competing clubs will be posted on the JAE forum. Watch this space!!

Show and Shine Finals - Sunday
1.30pm

Food and Soft drinks

There is a food and beverage order form (see attached) This form is in case you have forgotten to bring food for your BBQ. Telephone the order through to Stephen on 07706 940401 any time before the event or any time during the event before 5pm on Saturday. Alternatively, you can hand in the form to the Admin Office any time before 5pm on Saturday. Please note that ALL BBQ's must be raised and off the grass.

The hard stuff!

And finally, throughout the day and in the evening there will be two bars on site, one at the Northampton Suite and the other located in the middle of the Car Clubs area. Aside from a two hour break in the late afternoon these will be serving alcoholic beverages all day Saturday and Sunday. In addition, both will be providing an off-sales service and will take large or bulk orders for your entire club, but you may want to get in early if you want to make sure it's chilled to perfection!

I think that's it?!?

Any questions let me know!!

Claire Williams
The Organisation
Mobile: 07798 600420
Office: 08700 109705
www.the-organisation.org

There were three pdf attachments to this mail, one is the "T's & C's" for JAE, one is an entry from to the "Flame-out" competition. I've added them to my locker in the JAE 2005 folder. Please be aware of the T's & C's.

Anyway I think this clears up the detail of how and when. Angela and I will likely be heading down to the showground Friday afternoon, hopefully earlier than last year so we can pitch the tent in daylight rather than headlight !! Hopefully we'll be able to pitch near the stand, and if others are coming down Friday I guess it would be good to pitch up together.

Phil.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:48 AM
Phil & Belha

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...k/eastern.html

Met Office weather forecast for Peterborough shows 21 degrees and light rain showers this weekend. But they have been wrong before. Once or Twice.

Anyway, the gazebo we were going to bring is still broken. I think Brett is bringing one, but I don't know how big it is. Anybody got a backup plan?

P&B.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:58 AM

Broken !
We keep SVX's going. I'll bring araldite, gaffer tape and tie wraps.

Arthur

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: