How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2002, 04:34 PM
SoCal SVXer

Send a message via ICQ to phoenix96 Send a message via AIM to phoenix96 Send a message via Yahoo to phoenix96
Question WTB: Red or Black 1994-1995 SVX LSi

Hi. I'm looking to buy a red or black 94/95 SVX LSi, hopefully with 120-130k miles or less on it, and somewhere around Southern California. I am willing to travel to Nevada or Arizona to pick one up, though. Looking to pay between $4000-6000. Thanks.

Last edited by phoenix96; 01-22-2002 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-28-2002, 03:47 PM
carpedick

I can offer mine. =) Green, 1992, 78k miles, $7000, somewhat close.
Old 01-28-2002, 04:29 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I think there is a black 94Lsi on ebay. check it out
Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 01-28-2002, 11:31 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by carpedick
I can offer mine. =) Green, 1992, 78k miles, $7000, somewhat close.
Lemme see here, Carpe. The post says: "Wanted to Buy . . .

Black -- Yours is Green -- STEE- RIKE ONE!

'94-'95 -- Yours is a 92 -- STEE- RIKE TWO!

120 - 130K miles -- yours has 78K -- BALL!

In SO CAL -- You're in Sacremento -- BALL TWO!

Between 4 and 6 Grand -- You want seven -- STEE-RIKE THREE! YOU'RE OUTTA HERE!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 02-04-2002, 02:42 PM
Lowered SVX

randy.....

that was damn entertaining and creative. very well done.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 02-04-2002, 04:45 PM

94 on ebay

I was watching the 94 on ebay-11k I think it went for...!
Old 02-07-2002, 07:25 PM
WickedSubie

That recent black 94 LSi went for 9400 -- yep. I might have overbid , but I've gotten real sick of waiting.

A guy from CT has been emailing me telling me what a POS it is and that I should back out.

Going up to CT tomorrow, back Saturday night with the car if it isn't total crap.

The green 95 went for 11 something. It was mint tho (or at least the dealer prep made it look tight).
Old 02-07-2002, 08:51 PM

ya got it?

So you were the high bid? Congrats and hope it's a clean one. Did you do a carfax?
Old 02-07-2002, 10:24 PM

People. I am a firm beliver that once you bid, you should not and can not back out. I may be wrong here. Before you bid, you should check out the car first. It's logical right? If you can't check it out yourself, ask a friend to do that for you. If you email/call the guy and if he refuses to show you the car in question, then DO NOT bid on that car at all. There are other SVXes on sale. But once you bid, it's really annoying for the owner to go back and put it back on sale again.

I had 2 non paying bidders in the last 2 weeks on 2 different items. People should not bid unless they know for sure they want it. Otherwise go to a local carmax and get ripped off.

Ofcourse if the guy says it's a 95Lsi with 40k miles and when you show up, it's changes to 95L with 80k then I have no problem backing out -- I'll even hold the guy down for you so that you can kick his a$$ in. But if it is what he pretty much described, you should not bid unless you intend on really buying. There are enough SVXes running around the dealerships if you just want to look and drive around the block for a couple of minutes. You don't have to buy them if you don't want to. But bids on e-bay are legally binding.

Sorry buy I needed to blow off some steam here.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 02-08-2002, 05:54 AM
WickedSubie

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
People. I am a firm beliver that once you bid, you should not and can not back out.
I agree 100%! But I've had TONS of phone contact, had many many more pics emailed to me, so I am fairly confident that it will be OK.

You described your car alot better than these guys did.

"Clean" isn't very descriptive, and under condition they write "None".

I really have No intensions of backing out, I didn't bid just for bidding sake, I really wanted the car, so even after this other guys started screaming of how bad of a car it was, and I got pictures of the body damage, I still don't care alot unless the wheels fall off when I try to leave the parking lot.

Buying on ebay is a legally binding contract. That's why it's in the sellers best interests to disclose any problems so that they do not leave the seller a way out by claiming the product was misrepresented.

I hope you finally get someone to buy yours. And I hope mine isn't the POS that I have been warned it is.
Old 02-08-2002, 05:57 AM
WickedSubie

Re: ya got it?

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffN
So you were the high bid? Congrats and hope it's a clean one. Did you do a carfax?
Yep! and it got a clean carfax.

Lots of scratches and stonechips for only 56k tho. Looks like someone drug heavy machinery over the hood and spoiler.

I'm kindof an expert at hiding this kindof stuff, so I'm praying it will not be so bad.

Got the big 10 hour drive ahead of me today!
Old 02-08-2002, 11:02 AM

check it out

Feel free to back out if there's undisclosed problems. Non disclosure of major problems is known as FRAUD. 85% of fraud is committed online these days.

I bought a 90 GT convert w/12k that turned out to be 87k upon delivery. I wasted 2k sueing the bastid and ended up just selling it after 2 years and lots of undisclosed repirs.

Show up w/$ in your pocket to close the deal but not if they lied or hid critical deal changing info.

Ebay just changed their retraction policy to no retractions in the last 12 hours.

Also, ask all questions before bidding via email so you have evidence of their representation of the item.
Old 02-08-2002, 11:56 AM

Re: check it out

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffN
Feel free to back out if there's undisclosed problems. Non disclosure of major problems is known as FRAUD. 85% of fraud is committed online these days.

I bought a 90 GT convert w/12k that turned out to be 87k upon delivery. I wasted 2k sueing the bastid and ended up just selling it after 2 years and lots of undisclosed repirs.

Show up w/$ in your pocket to close the deal but not if they lied or hid critical deal changing info.

Ebay just changed their retraction policy to no retractions in the last 12 hours.

Also, ask all questions before bidding via email so you have evidence of their representation of the item.
I fully agree. If you are bidding ask questions first. If the guy is lying or if the things don't match, do not take it at all. As for the odo. reading, i will give up to about 2k miles difference. But if it is like 5k or more, I might leave the car. If it is 10k or more, I would not even talk to the guy at all. As for the condition of the car, The owners should try to describe as much as possiable (even if they are mechnically inclined -- like me). If the discription pretty much match it's a go. If you leave the parking lot and if the tranny falls out, than you have a problem. I don't mean to be just one sided about the issue. If there is a legit problem with the car, leave the car. If not, don't bring up a whimpy execuse. The last two excuses i got were "I was expecting a show car" and "I already have a 92 LS-L and insides are different." Who in the right mind would sell a show car for 5500 and did you not look at the pictures before driving out here? This is a 94L. Pictures are there and I even took more pics for you.

sorry

Lwin
Old 02-15-2002, 09:24 PM
Geok

Seraphim- I just ran across your ebay auction. Right off the bat YOU LIED!! You say you have a 94 SVX-L with LEATHER interior. I thought you may have added the leather but you said the seats were leather/cloth. Well, In 1994 the L models did not have any leather in the car. The LSi was the only one with leather seats. You have VINYL/cloth seats with an Ecsain (subaru's faux suede) dash trim. You wanted to blow off steam about buyers backing out. Well, if the seller lies about something so obvious what else are they lying about? That's what a buyer thinks and why they'll back out.
Good luck in selling it. I didn't write this reply to P.O. any body, just to give you some advice.