How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2020, 10:17 AM

Registered SVX
Re: What have you done to your SVX (or other Subaru) today?

Yesterday both CV axles were replaced on my 97 Bordeaux. For unknown reasons, it showed the CEL when I started it up. Test drive revealed a nasty vibration when the engine was under load and lacked it's normal pep. Codes were 0120 and 0325, TPS and #1 knock sensor. Why it went from running well to throwing codes with no tinkering aside from sliding new axles into position is a real head-scratcher. Printed the factory manual excerpts on these codes and will be checking voltages / resistance / plug & contacts condition. Really hope the TPS is resolved without needing a new one. From what I've read, these are no longer available and finding one next to impossible unless it comes from a donor car.
Old 06-11-2020, 08:51 PM

Got my polished intake manifold back on today as well as my dual TB equal length CAI. Id like to put the pictures on here but i forget can I attach pictures from my phone?

My radiator is slated to come tomorrow so once i get it in im installing a tranny cooler w/tstat and fan in the wheel well, change fuel filter, charge the battery and I couls potentially start and drive the car a tiny bit in the next week...

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 06-12-2020, 04:37 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
Got my polished intake manifold back on today as well as my dual TB equal length CAI. Id like to put the pictures on here but i forget can I attach pictures from my phone?

My radiator is slated to come tomorrow so once i get it in im installing a tranny cooler w/tstat and fan in the wheel well, change fuel filter, charge the battery and I couls potentially start and drive the car a tiny bit in the next week...
Would love to see the intake manifold. Actually, I would like to see it all lol.
Old 06-18-2020, 04:56 PM

Today I replaced my catalytic convertor and o2 sensor on my 96 since the original o2 blew out of the top of the original Cat. Kept it going for many months with JB weld but it kept failing after a few weeks (even passed CA emissions like that) and after re-doing it 3-4 times I just knew it was time.

1996 SVX LSI Bordeaux Pearl 222.600 and going
Old 06-22-2020, 11:56 AM

Registered SVX

Fresh plugs, knock sensors, and some cleaning up. The winter road solutions used in Eastern Washington are pretty corrosive and aluminum components don't like it. I had the codes 0120 & 0325 show up after replacing the CV axles a few weeks back. The knock sensors replaced and a lot of checking voltage / resistance from the TPS back to the body connector but didn't get to ECM. Nothing found yet but some more driving might re-introduce that TPS code. Anyway, took it out for a 20 mile run & now feeling a distinct light vibration during acceleration only, very smooth when not under load? Doesn't feel like a wheel balance issue. Hhhmmm?
Old 06-22-2020, 12:45 PM

Hello all,
I had the same problem on my passenger side door and tried several solutions with only temporary success. Then my son did some work with CAD and a 3D printer and now the window goes up and down again.

I attach the drawing and 3D printing files to this message. It is important to use the highest strength plastic possible to print the part. I also coated mine with a layer of JB Weld on the exterior surfaces for extra strength.

Good luck !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXandO View Post
I may be mistaken, but I believe a member posted a while back that there are identical sleeve lock regulators on the rear windows... maybe a swap would be a good temporary fix until 3D printing happens...
Someone chime in here, am I misremembering...?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Window_Clip_Files.zip (267.6 KB, 489 views)
Old 06-22-2020, 12:48 PM

Re: What have you done to your SVX today? - Sleeve for Window Regulator

Hello Jes,
I had the same problem on my passenger side door and tried several solutions with only temporary success. Then my son did some work with CAD and a 3D printer and now the window goes up and down again.

I attach the drawing and 3D printing files to this message. It is important to use the highest strength plastic possible to print the part. I also coated mine with a layer of JB Weld on the exterior surfaces for extra strength.

Good luck !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jes View Post
Pulled the right door card to investigate the non-functional window... discovered a broken "SLEEVE-LOCK REGULATOR", 62101PA081 and the dreaded "THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABE" Anyone have a solution/replacement for this $0.50 plastic part?

Also discovered there was no surround left on the 27 year old front speakers. Replaced the holely remains with a set of 6.5" Cerwin Vega. Now there is bass from the front doors again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Window_Clip_Files.zip (267.6 KB, 476 views)
Old 06-22-2020, 02:32 PM

FYI, here's another version:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4234854

That one has been re-enforced around common breaking points.

You can order one printed in nylon here:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/2D...e-clip-v02-011
The original one appear to be nylon, and as you said you printing in a strong material is important.

Good luck!
Ian.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:55 PM

that is exactly what I needed too
Old 07-01-2020, 09:52 AM

Put a 5 speed in er.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:39 AM

Registered SVX

Replaced door speakers on both SVX's and fixed a loose window switch that worked intermittently. Kicked a rodent out of the trunk where he set up a nest, so removed carpet / washed the mat thoroughly til it smelt garden fresh. Then, just for grins I checked both Tranny fluid levels. The 94 had a quart and a half too much and the 97, just as over-filled? It had a transmission service 53k (14 yrs) ago with tech noting complete fluid replacement. Why the dipstick fill levels were not followed mystifies me, I'm talking over an inch too deep & it's not rocket science. Solid argument for doing your own service work!!
Old 07-10-2020, 10:55 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooze2me View Post
Replaced door speakers on both SVX's and fixed a loose window switch that worked intermittently. Kicked a rodent out of the trunk where he set up a nest, so removed carpet / washed the mat thoroughly til it smelt garden fresh. Then, just for grins I checked both Tranny fluid levels. The 94 had a quart and a half too much and the 97, just as over-filled? It had a transmission service 53k (14 yrs) ago with tech noting complete fluid replacement. Why the dipstick fill levels were not followed mystifies me, I'm talking over an inch too deep & it's not rocket science. Solid argument for doing your own service work!!
Was it running when you checked it? It needs to be running, and have gone thru the gears when checked.....if not running it will read high
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 07-11-2020, 11:55 AM

Registered SVX

Thank you kindly Huck and I'll definitely run the engine and put it in each gear first. I just printed a page on this from the service manual and yes, car needs to be idling while checking which I failed to do. I'm betting I'll put back most / all of what was pulled out or take the opportunity to drain, replace filter, and refill fresh. Really isn't such a bad option but no driving time until I rectify this.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:23 AM
Soon to own a fuctional SVX

Send a message via AIM to STeeL25T

Long time no see

I accidentally bought another SVX last week. Work is already progressing

Old 07-22-2020, 08:41 PM
Soon to own a fuctional SVX

Send a message via AIM to STeeL25T