Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 11:09 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
sometimes i pretend that i'm a super-hero - driving around getting into adventures with my Subaru.
ROFLMGAO!!!!

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 06-03-2005, 11:18 PM
no limitation as limitation

in you public speaking class, did you talk about your bias to your trans am being a ta owner. a word to the wise. giving a speach on something your familiar with is a waste of a class. anyone can speak ad nausium about a savant subject. oratory skill comes from being knowlegable while talking about something you know nothing about. read plato's gorgias. truse me, your arguments will be lass faliacious because of it.

Last edited by Matthewmongan; 06-03-2005 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelfy
ROFLMGAO!!!!
That gets me everytime, Ken! ROFLMSAO

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 06-03-2005, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd

-Chike

your going to have to pm the translation from 133t talk to english i have no idea what that means.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
in you public speaking class, did you talk about your bias to your trans am being a ta owner. a word to the wise. giving a speach on something your familiar with is a waste of a class. anyone can speak ad nausium about a savant subject. oratory skill comes from being knowlegable while talking about something you know nothing about. read plato's gorgias. truse me, your arguments will be lass faliacious because of it.
stick to public speaking - the written word pwns you.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
BONK! Hey shark, where does GM stash their computers? All the cars I have had stashed the computer in the passanger compartment, so you were probably opening the doors and leting it sit in the tidal flats for 6 hours while the salt water flooded the car.

On a side note, I envision shadow siting back laughing because he is really just effing with us, he loves subarus, but he likes to stir up $#!+ and he is better at it than all the rest of us put together
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Good morning!

Quote:
your going to have to pm the translation from 133t talk to english i have no idea what that means.

I usually stuff like that see what I get.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:42 PM
Good morning!

http://www.auditmypc.com/acronym/ROFLMFAO.asp
Old 06-04-2005, 12:00 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
BONK! Hey shark, where does GM stash their computers? All the cars I have had stashed the computer in the passanger compartment, so you were probably opening the doors and leting it sit in the tidal flats for 6 hours while the salt water flooded the car.
i don't even remember - i try to blank that POS from my memory. i'm pretty sure it was in the engine bay - the best place for delicate electronics, of course. GM engineering = a pack of retards trying to hump a doorknob.

Quote:
On a side note, I envision shadow siting back laughing because he is really just effing with us, he loves subarus, but he likes to stir up $#!+ and he is better at it than all the rest of us put together
i find it hard to take his stuff serious sometimes, but it sure is entertaining.

Old 06-04-2005, 12:45 AM

Quote:
stick to public speaking - the written word pwns you.

my mom pwns you..... wait thats backwords. i was never good at grade school insults. apparently u are BECAUSE YOU INSIST ON COMMENTING ON MY LACK OF TYPING SKILL.

its all good though. im a savant, good at some bad at others. i can write a thesis like a fox but ask me to type a cogent sentence in a forum or aim and i come acrost like a red state voter.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:47 AM

Quote:
oh i got that part but what is the G about.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:02 AM
Good morning!

Quote:
my mom pwns you..... wait thats backwords. i was never good at grade school insults. apparently u are BECAUSE YOU INSIST ON COMMENTING ON MY LACK OF TYPING SKILL.
I thought you just had better things to do than proofread a post meant for Mr Right
Old 06-04-2005, 08:11 AM
Hater

Quote:
i can write a thesis like a fox .....

but could anybody understand it?

Old 06-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
of course, because we are all fan boi's. in fact, in my spare time i go to GM message boards and fight for Subaru's honor and respect. i am a winnAr, and i don't really have any other hobbies. sometimes i pretend that i'm a super-hero - driving around getting into adventures with my Subaru.
I think the fact that you spend several hours everyday on this forum means you are in fact a "fan boi". As for the last part of your statement, I can definetly picture you doing exactly that

Quote:
shadow, you contradict yourself oftin. you say cr is a FOR PROFIT organization and shouldnt be trusted. and then say its a NOT FOR PROFIT organization that accepts donations, thuse cant be trusted.
No, but sometimes I forget that I need to qualify every damn thing I say on this board. In the end, a given organization is either FOR PROFIT or NON PROFIT. This "NOT FOR PROFIT" bs was created for tax purposes, so a company can still make money but because they "didn't set out to make money", they can still be treated like a non-profit org. It's all bs. So when I see "not-for-profit" I interpret it as "for-profit" because they are still making money.

Quote:
understand that every organization, news program, and joe on the street has a bias, their is no way around that.
Absolutely. But you would be right along with the first of the members of this board to show me a biased reviewer's "objective review" of a Subaru as proof that Subaru is reliable, faster, nicer...etc.

So without an un-biased evaluation to use, how do we rate cars? I say we use the least biased (or least bs-filled) organizations rankings. Thus the reason I use JD Power. It's the only organization recognized by the 36 major automakers worldwide as a fair testing organization.

Quote:
you sat that computer failure dues to washing the engine bay and paint degradation due to infrequint washing is a consumer ended problem. i say nay, it is infact a factory problem. i have driven/owned manycars since i started driving none were new so i am familiar with hi mileage problems. my father is a machine when it comes to cars so everything he buys has a record of maintainence or he doesn't purchase. simply for the exception of a pontiac fiero that i bought of my own free will all cars i have had were in excelent condition. of the 4 subarus i have had i only had one problem with the lot and that was a tweeeked crank pully caused by deryliction of maintence. working at jiffylube i saw a 94 legacy with 560k come in without an oil filter. i would have never known if i hadn't checked the oil myself. i saw the same car come in three times again before i quit, every time it ran like a dream.
Don't even bother with the reliability stories. I sold my 1994 GTP (with the defective black paint), at 130k and I couldn't have been happier with it. Well except for the fact that the Honda DOHC motor in it cost so much to perform even routine maintenance on. But I had no notable problems, even with the paint. My dad sold his 1995 Yukon last year with 160k and the only thing he ever replaced was an alternator. Find me an import truck with that track record. Or my buddy and his dad...they are both outside sales reps for Shimano (bikes, not rods). They won't touch anything other than GM trucks. They've run two silverados, a suburban and a tahoe all to over 200,000 miles with nothing but routine maintenance and the occasional alternator. On the other hand, my aunt has owned two Subarus (Legacys) that she ditched before 50k because of all the money she had to dump into them. And don't even get me started on my mom's infiniti. Junk. Pretty junk, but junk.

So you see, for every good Subaru story you give me, I could give you 5 good GM stories and one bad import story. What does that accomplish?

Quote:
so if someone is to have a computer fail because he washes his engine bay it is his fault. NO it is the builders fault for not producing a decent auto.
Ahh...here's that amazing liberal thinking again. Always the victim. Thanks for our terminally messed up world by the way.

Quote:
lots of salt in maryland and no paint chippng on any subaru even the 80's loyale. the cavalier lost its paint after 6 months. I dont want to baby my ride, if it cant endure me it souldnt be sold.
My high school physics teacher had an '88 Subaru wagon (loyale i think), that thing had more rust than paint. It was just flaking off...sometimes when he drove it you could see flakes fly off. On the other hand, I know a girl who owns a 1985 Cavalier (260k), she wouldn't even know where to start if she had to wash her car. No paint problems whatsoever. So what?

Quote:
And how many public speeches/presentations have you given? If I knew you had any clue what you were talking about (and by your typing skill, you really don't give the knowledgeable appearance), I might even finish reading that comment.

Quote:
The majority of GM vehicles have both the ECM and BCM mounted externally. The ones that have the ECM mounted internally still have the ICM and coil pack(s) exposed. Water in any of the above could fry an entire computer.

Quote:
You are partially right. At least this time. I don't hate subarus of course, but I don't automatically put down a car based on the badges it wears.

But everytime I get into a discussion such as this, I do find myself "sitting back and laughing". And just like Shark, I oftern insert little comments that I know will stir up some "$#!+".
Old 06-04-2005, 12:50 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
i can't help myself. when i throw the "G" in, i find something really funny.

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles