Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
Do we have to remove the igniter? It wont fit in otherwise? and why do we have to lube it?
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
youll see when you get it...It's a very tight fit. you can do it without removing the ignitor or lubricating the tube...but its just making more work for yourself

Shotgunslade discovered for us that the clamp for the second coupler on the TB is best done by undoing the clamp, and pushing it through the tiny, tiny gap left by the clamp next to it, then reconnecting and tightening, rather than trying to slide it on
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Last edited by It's Just Eric; 04-16-2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Dan's right...Credit given :)
Old 04-16-2008, 06:11 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
eric;

You should give proper credit where it is due. My only contribution to Tom's and your efforts in installing my Tomyx was suggesting that the second clamp could best be positioned by moving both couplers into place, with only one clamp in place, tightening that clamp, then poking the pointy end of the second, completely unfastened clamp though the space between the tightened clamp and the unclamped coupler. When it was through, bring it around and re-engage it to the tighetening screw. Otherwise, I was completely unhelpful.

Dan

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 04-16-2008, 07:40 AM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post
That was a real bastard to install. I did it before checking back for your instructions, but oddly enough I did it exactly as you described (except I left the engine cover off ). Very tight fit at the dogbone.

I gotta pick up some more clamps for the vacuum hoses. Maybe I am losing vacuum or something. It feels weaker than normal right now. Lowes was closed on the way home from Hooters. I thought they stayed open until 10. I'll pick some up tomorrow and see how it does then.
Shouldn't need clamps on the little guys. You know Myxalplyx said the same thing just after he installed his...

Tom
Old 04-16-2008, 07:43 AM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade View Post
eric;

You should give proper credit where it is due. My only contribution to Tom's and your efforts in installing my Tomyx was suggesting that the second clamp could best be positioned by moving both couplers into place, with only one clamp in place, tightening that clamp, then poking the pointy end of the second, completely unfastened clamp though the space between the tightened clamp and the unclamped coupler. When it was through, bring it around and re-engage it to the tighetening screw. Otherwise, I was completely unhelpful.

Dan
I was running on the fumes of my spare energy tank that morning Anything you did was helpful!!!!

Tom
Old 04-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Back Road Blazer

Hey! just got it, only one question... what do I do with the oil looking deal that went from both sides of the engine and into the old intake... I have hooked up the conectors and they are still there, what do I do with them?

And I didnt lube, or take out the igniter it fit in fine.
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by black beast View Post
Hey! just got it, only one question... what do I do with the oil looking deal that went from both sides of the engine and into the old intake... I have hooked up the conectors and they are still there, what do I do with them?

And I didnt lube, or take out the igniter it fit in fine.
What???

Tom
Old 04-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Back Road Blazer

Ok, I figured it out, I found the port that it pluged into, It was hidden, LOL. I have to put 2 more worm clips on the intake side but it is installed, the actual instal took 25min, then the confusion over the tubing took like 15min when my bro saw the puipe to fit it too. I found it to fit just fine. In fact i think I could have wrapped it in header wrap and then installed it, it was close but when turn at a vertical angle and then flopped right side forward it fit perfect. Did not have to lube, or remove the igniter. Tom thanks fit fine, yets see if it does give some power.
My only question was wasnt it supposed to be equal lenth? the pipes did not look like they were equal.
Again good job building it, I cant wait to test it.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:27 AM
Maniac modifier

No, it was not supposed to be equal length. With primaries that size, it would be near impossible to get the to be equal length in the space constraints given

Tom
Old 04-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Back Road Blazer

O ok!

well i got mine all imstalled, thanks!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:27 AM

Registered SVX
I hate to be a bother Tom, but what's the status on the CAI parts?
Old 04-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Maniac modifier

supposedly on their way from California on thurs... I will call to double check today

Tom
Old 04-23-2008, 10:58 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Who's going to the Dyno sometime soon??

~ Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Back Road Blazer

I can drive my car on Tues!!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Maniac modifier

Listen, i am VERY sorry about the wait. I ordered the CAI parts on April 4th. They should have been to me weeks ago... Prostreetonline.com has been giving me the run-around on where my parts are and when I would recieve them. I called earlier in the week to touch base and find out where my tracking #'s were b/c I was told April 17th, that they would recieve them that day and ship them out by Friday the latest... Since I have recieved nothing yet, I called again today to find out what was going on. Aparently they did not get them in yet from HKS so I am stuck here waiting... I told them to cancel the rest of the order and ship the 1 they had in stock right away. I am ordering them from somewhere else right now. I am very sorry for the long wait and I am VERY pissed at this place for not canceling the order on the 17th like I wanted to. SO please be patient a little longer while I get this straightened out.

Tom