IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
you two are similar, but different. while both stuck in your own worlds (you in GM world, Caboonchi in the world of Neons and Macs), he was more arrogant and rude, and would reach a certain point in an arguement and then have a complete meltdown (which in turn, brought teh funnAy.
Ahh the memories. Like I said, I could never pretend to be as crazy as he was. But I agree, it sure was entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Sorry dude, GM is done for
Are you serious? Have you even read the news about GM lately? Sorry dude, GM ain't goin' nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Ok Look guys, instead of locking threads, I suggest Shadow is welcomed to stay. If he wants to give an opinion about anything, if related to the SVX, let it be something constructive and not insulting about it. As long as he doesn't mention "GM is better than..." I say let him stay.
But this isn't an entirely fitting analogy. I'm not the one who started by saying I didn't like something that someone else did. I'm not the one who started out saying "mine is better". Both of the recent cases involved me commenting, in a very level headed fashion, on the topic at hand, then SOMEONE else coming in and instantly attacking me.

So a more accurate analogy would be me going to your house and saying "oh this is pretty nice" and then you saying "well it's alot better than what you have you idiot", and then asking ME to leave.

I'm with the population on this one though, this thread can die. It's lived it's useable life.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:38 PM
Mountaineer

Send a message via AIM to AppStateSVX
like it or not, this is the SVX house, so......YOU should be the one leaving if you don't like it.

1991 Toyota MR2 - Sold 11/27/07

1992 BMW 325i
- Tokicko Suspension
Old 01-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
I say he goes. We don't need any help or advice on here for F bodies, So I see his membership as pointless and I already know he hasn't spent enough time with an SVX to be useful in anything but opinions that he can base over his little experience. WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?
Old 01-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
Both of the recent cases involved me commenting, in a very level headed fashion, on the topic at hand, then SOMEONE else coming in and instantly attacking me.
What you said:

Quote:
The 1993 model that was mentioned earlier was no doubt rock solid...that was an AMC Jeep, not a Chrysler "Jeep".
What I now believe you ment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248's thoughts
The 1993 model that was mentioned earlier was no doubt rock solid...that was designed and engineered by AMC, not Chrysler.
While the first could be interpreted as correct, as it is stated in literal form it is not, the latter is. I am starting to get the feeling that this may be the case more than you realize, please don't take this as an attack, but a heads up that we can only see what you write, not what you intended to communicate.
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
But this isn't an entirely fitting analogy. I'm not the one who started by saying I didn't like something that someone else did. I'm not the one who started out saying "mine is better". Both of the recent cases involved me commenting, in a very level headed fashion, on the topic at hand, then SOMEONE else coming in and instantly attacking me.

So a more accurate analogy would be me going to your house and saying "oh this is pretty nice" and then you saying "well it's alot better than what you have you idiot", and then asking ME to leave.

I'm with the population on this one though, this thread can die. It's lived it's useable life.
Look Shadow, I was trying to smoothen things over here but it seems that you are not getting any message . What do you want? you want to keep whining like a baby thread after thread debating "he started this and the other started that..." until all of them are locked? sorry dude, WE are not locking threads anymore because of you. It seems that you want to keep pouring KEROSENE over fire...
If you mean by "die" as locked, this will not happen. the only way it can die is by AGREEMENT about stuff...
Look if you want to reply me now, I hope you show some maturity in it and post something worthy of being taken positively into consideration.

Your Choices:
1- Either drop it and act maturely and share some useful comments/information/opinions... (in this case you are more than welcomed)
2- Keep whining and whining and whining......
3- Just leave.

I still believe that you are an OK guy, I hope you will go with #1

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppStateSVX
like it or not, this is the SVX house, so......YOU should be the one leaving if you don't like it.
Never said I didn't like it. Remember, i'm not the one who started this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak
I say he goes. We don't need any help or advice on here for F bodies, So I see his membership as pointless and I already know he hasn't spent enough time with an SVX to be useful in anything but opinions that he can base over his little experience. WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?
YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE I HAVE WITH AN SVX. YOU DON'T KNOW MY HISTORY WITH THE SVX, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHEN/IF I HAD ONE.

If you don't like me, I don't care. But at least STOP TALKING TO ME!!!

I've had just about enough of this clown. The fact that I haven't completely gone off on him, and Benebob, should show the rest of you that you maybe are being a little harsh when you say i'm ignorant.

Listen budfreak, I was an SVX-holding member of this site before you even took your first drive in one. I know more about the SVX now then you probably ever will learn. I have contributed more than my fair share of how-to's, suggestions and projects on this site, and I have had many very useful interactions with established members. So don't proceed to tell me that I need to go. Seems like your attitude is what is not needed around here.

You need to take a new look at that Teller short that you posted previously, and perhaps take his advice.

In case you newbies haven't figured it out, the more you harass me, the more i'm going to remind you that I DON'T CARE. If you don't want me to ruin your experience on this site, just put me on the 'ole ignore list. Trust me, i'll be happier that way too.

NOTE TO NEWBIES: HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW TO ACT MATURELY. WATCH CLOSELY AS TWO VETERANS SETTLE THEIR DISPUTE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
While the first could be interpreted as correct, as it is stated in literal form it is not, the latter is. I am starting to get the feeling that this may be the case more than you realize, please don't take this as an attack, but a heads up that we can only see what you write, not what you intended to communicate.
Napa: I always say that a major shortcoming of online forums is misinterpretation of printed words. Since we can't express emotion properly online, things get taken the wrong way. I understand completely what you took my statement to be, and I was really angry about your response. However you have shown on more than one occasion that you are willing to take responsibility for your (very minor in this case) error. As such, I would like to apologize to YOU (not some of the other members in this thread who don't deserve it) for my reaction. It's apparent to me that you regret the situation, as I do. So we're cool now, in my mind. I always try to watch how I word my comments, but it's impossible to do it perfectly. So something like this is inevitable every now and then.

Besides, your interpretation wasn't the real problem. It should have been a quick back-and-forth between me and you (and probably Shark, since he always finds his way in somehow) but apparently the younger members here hunt for arguments to get into, and don't know how to conduct themselves while involved in other people's disputes. This is something new to me, and as such I wasn't ready for the fallout. I am now.

THUS ENDS TODAY'S LESSON TO THE NEWBIES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Look Shadow, I was trying to smoothen things over here but it seems that you are not getting any message . What do you want? you want to keep whining like a baby thread after thread debating "he started this and the other started that..." until all of them are locked? sorry dude, WE are not locking threads anymore because of you. It seems that you want to keep pouring KEROSENE over fire...
If you mean by "die" as locked, this will not happen. the only way it can die is by AGREEMENT about stuff...
Look if you want to reply me now, I hope you show some maturity in it and post something worthy of being taken positively into consideration.
Now I understand that you have good intentions here, but remember the following...

Comments like this made by people that I barely know, and people that have been members for less than half the time I have, don't mean a whole lot to me. So basically you could scream as loud as you want and I wouldn't really hear you.

That being said, there is no more need for you or any other members to comment on the situation. A few of the veteran members of this board have been in contact with me over PM about it, and we have worked it out. As my original argument was pretty much with Napa, and I believe we have settled it, there is no longer anything to talk about here. Problem solved. So don't worry about it anymore.

I'm letting this thread die now. NAPA - if you want to say anything else, just PM me. That way we won't get the dog's all excited again.

Last edited by Shadow248; 01-27-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Never said I didn't like it. Remember, i'm not the one who started this.

YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE I HAVE WITH AN SVX. YOU DON'T KNOW MY HISTORY WITH THE SVX, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHEN/IF I HAD ONE.

If you don't like me, I don't care. But at least STOP TALKING TO ME!!!

I've had just about enough of this clown. The fact that I haven't completely gone off on him, and Benebob, should show the rest of you that you maybe are being a little harsh when you say i'm ignorant.

Listen budfreak, I was an SVX-holding member of this site before you even took your first drive in one. I know more about the SVX now then you probably ever will learn. I have contributed more than my fair share of how-to's, suggestions and projects on this site, and I have had many very useful interactions with established members. So don't proceed to tell me that I need to go. Seems like your attitude is what is not needed around here.

You need to take a new look at that Teller short that you posted previously, and perhaps take his advice.

In case you newbies haven't figured it out, the more you harass me, the more i'm going to remind you that I DON'T CARE. If you don't want me to ruin your experience on this site, just put me on the 'ole ignore list. Trust me, i'll be happier that way too.

NOTE TO NEWBIES: HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW TO ACT MATURELY. WATCH CLOSELY AS TWO VETERANS SETTLE THEIR DISPUTE.
OH NO! I'm running scared now. wouldn't want you to go off on me or anything. Listen here bub, I can figure your experience by the posts you have made which I can see all of them through your profile.Being an SVX member for however long don't mean squat. Look at your 1,167 since oct.2001 to my 708 since feb.2005. Now who do you think knows and contributes more? I'd run circles around you on F bodies and SVX's so don't even think of trying to challenge. I don't have an attitude unless someone wants me to have one. You could say I'm sort of a home ground defender around here and when I feel someone doesn't need to be here either due to their attitudes or their comments, I seek and destroy. So if you want to take this to personnal attack level, By all means please do because I am one of the best smack talkers here and I'll run you down quick. I'm not here to play games or bull**** with you, But I am going to come to the defense when I see other members who have no problems with other people telling you to leave. YOUR the problem and you need to go piss up a tree and get out of our forums. Swallow your pride, choke on it and don't let the door hit ya where the lord split ya.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
That way we won't get the dog's all excited again.
That was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllly SMOOOOOTH

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak1
OH NO! I'm running scared now. wouldn't want you to go off on me or anything. Listen here bub, I can figure your experience by the posts you have made which I can see all of them through your profile.Being an SVX member for however long don't mean squat. Look at your 1,167 since oct.2001 to my 708 since feb.2005. Now who do you think knows and contributes more? I'd run circles around you on F bodies and SVX's so don't even think of trying to challenge. I don't have an attitude unless someone wants me to have one. You could say I'm sort of a home ground defender around here and when I feel someone doesn't need to be here either due to their attitudes or their comments, I seek and destroy. So if you want to take this to personnal attack level, By all means please do because I am one of the best smack talkers here and I'll run you down quick. I'm not here to play games or bull**** with you, But I am going to come to the defense when I see other members who have no problems with other people telling you to leave. YOUR the problem and you need to go piss up a tree and get out of our forums. Swallow your pride, choke on it and don't let the door hit ya where the lord split ya.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Why is he still here? I take the day off to spend shopping and come back to more of this? Maybe I'll just leave because of him like countless others have done. Maybe that's his plan. Make everybody leave so he can change it to the shadow forum where his quote below will reign true!
Old 01-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
The wordless approach. Typical corn fed momma's boy antics. It's a damn shame your too far in the woods there in PA. to come up with something better.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
I think this should be written in bold

I am talking to all of those who are replying Shadow. You still remember the FORD guys when we had the voting competition long ago? There was some intrusions from their members into our forum and a long debate began and ended up with us being so stupid and sorry to be carried away in such XXX talk? Let US act maturely this time and IGNORE and DROP this debate. It seems that it will never end unless we make this move.

Shadow, I tried to reason with you, but you keep posting IMMATURE stuff... and the last straw was raised by you calling us DOGS ???
Sorry, but this time I will stick with my "Why are you still here.." buddies, and I want to ask you all:

DO NOT REPLY TO HIM ANYMORE, NOT IN THIS THREAD AND NOT IN ANY OTHER WHATEVER HE SAYS AND COMMENTS !!!

This is what I am doing. Shadow, you can call me dog, idiot, stupid, dumb..... whatever you want, I will never reply you anymore, this is not my language...

Guys (Pls budfreak) I hope This reply of mine is the last one which will be answered to Shadow.

THE END

Old 01-27-2006, 03:37 PM

Deal. It's over, let it die.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak1
The wordless approach. Typical corn fed momma's boy antics. It's a damn shame your too far in the woods there in PA. to come up with something better.
Does this apply to Napa, Landshark, and Phast SVX as well?

Personally, I think all their stuff has been pretty funny. I was actually gonna post earlier and tell Napa to keep at it, because that Permatex stuff is real good.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Thanks Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red SVX 92
Does this apply to Napa, Landshark, and Phast SVX as well?

Personally, I think all their stuff has been pretty funny. I was actually gonna post earlier and tell Napa to keep at it, because that Permatex stuff is real good.
My favorite is the green but aparently the bottle of blue was empty.
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.